Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,712 members, 7,831,230 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (1442 Views)

Rich Canadian Weds American Blond For Green Card / We Can Help You Immigrate To Canada Or Study There / Help For My Canada Dreams At Last!it Could Help You Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by coolfaced8(f): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2008
Re: . by SeanT21(f): 12:44am On Aug 16, 2008
I am not a Nigerian nor Live in Nigeria but THANX!!!
Re: . by PapaBrowne(m): 3:20am On Aug 16, 2008
Nice concept, methinks!
First thing I'm wondering though, is why you've narrowed your clientosphere(Holiday shoppers & About to weds)

One bottleneck you'd face is Customs. If I would have to pay the tariffs myself, that would be a downside.

Suggestions

Services.
Make sure you add a realtime phone-in service. Most Nigerian customers want to communicate before they make a purchase.
Concerns
You need to give me some kind of guarantee that the stuff I see online is what I get.
Products
While clothes and accesories are a definite, I'd recommend electronic gadgets- Laptops, Ipods and the likes.
Pick Up
I'd suggest you'd add the option of pick up in other UPS locations around the country as well. I think that's pretty simple.
Registration
Sure, why not.
Club
Coool, but no thanks. Spam!

And let UPS be UPS. Meaning 3-5 days shipping max!

Few companies tried out something similar(not half as good as yours though) but I don't think it was so successful for obvious reasons.They had a relatively poor interface + no publicity + a couple other reasons.
I think this will be a success. You've already tackled lots of the potential pitfalls. I saw the template you got, and its a masterpiece.
Once you get the website started, holla!!! Best wishes.
Re: . by ogb5(m): 3:50am On Aug 16, 2008
Your customer base will increase greatly if you can add interswitch cards (ATM Card) as part of the payment options.

I guess it shouldn't be too difficult.
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 5:49am On Aug 16, 2008
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 5:51am On Aug 16, 2008
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 4:14am On Aug 17, 2008
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2008
Re: . by igbonla(m): 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2008
Still on Customs, be sure the details are worked out and made clear to would-be customers. The last time a partner sent some stuffs down here via UPS, I was made to pay custom charges costing almost the price of the items. It was not negotiable and was either you pay or forget the goods.

All the best!
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2008
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 5:08am On Nov 16, 2008
Re: . by Shinatu: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2008
c. what type of products do you shop for when you are abroad?

Children's stuff.

Clothes, Carseats, Diapers, 98% of my shopping in the last three years has been on kid's stuff. I suggest you have a look out Children's Place.

There are also many things (those nice and simple home and office furniture) I see in Argos that I would very much love to have, but I guess your focus is the U.S., you could try out IKEA.
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2008
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2008
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2008

(1) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Hamburg, Germany / Turkey Embassy: Your Experience / The Country You Hate Most Out And You Don't Advice Anybody To Go To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.