Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! (4910 Views)

The Cake Mercy Aigbe Got For Her Husband's 50th Birthday (Photos) / Happy 50th Birthday To Gov. Anayo Rochas Okorocha! / Happy 50th Birthday To Femi Kuti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by kadman(m): 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2008
COMPLETE PLAYLIST FOR STICKY & SWEET TOUR

"Candy Shop"
"Beat Goes On"
"Human Nature"
"Vogue"
"Die Another Day Remix" (Video Interlude)
"Into the Groove"
"Heartbeat"
"Borderline"
"She's Not Me"
"Music"
"Rain / Here Comes The Rain Again" (Video Interlude)
"Devil Wouldn't Recognize You"
"Spanish Lesson"
"Miles Away"
"La Isla Bonita"
"You Must Love Me"
"Get Stupid Remix" (Video Interlude)
"4 Minutes"
"Like a Prayer" featuring a part of "Don't you want me" by Felix
"Ray of Light"
"Hung Up"
"Give It 2 Me"

@ Karma, the show ends with Give It To Me, not Hung Up. Cheers
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2008
kadman:

Ruby_freak. You're an evil ho.
Nawa o.
Kadgal, you're a . . . . a . . . . Nvm grin
I can't get down to that level just b/c of madonna
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by KarmaMod(f): 12:52am On Aug 26, 2008
kadman:

COMPLETE PLAYLIST FOR STICKY & SWEET TOUR

"Candy Shop"
"Beat Goes On"
"Human Nature"
"Vogue"
"Die Another Day Remix" (Video Interlude)
"Into the Groove"
"Heartbeat"
"Borderline"
"She's Not Me"
"Music"
"Rain / Here Comes The Rain Again" (Video Interlude)
"Devil Wouldn't Recognize You"
"Spanish Lesson"
"Miles Away"
"La Isla Bonita"
"You Must Love Me"
"Get Stupid Remix" (Video Interlude)
"4 Minutes"
"Like a Prayer" featuring a part of "Don't you want me" by Felix
"Ray of Light"
"Hung Up"
"Give It 2 Me"

@ Karma, the show ends with Give It To Me, not Hung Up. Cheers

Not a bad playlist whatsoever although i wont be surprised if she changes it for the US leg of the tour, unfortunately. Thanks very much smiley

Btw, kadman, it'D be best if you ignored the spammers. The scallywag keeps saying that its "her opinion, she thinks she sucks, blah blah im just saying the truth". FINE BUT WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD? Does it make sense to be in a thread meant for people who dont think she "sucks"? Asinwin. Cant barely understand their pathetic attempt at English anyway.

Alagolo, I must say I'm disappointed in you. Shouldnt you be stalking the guys of Nairaland or something? I'm sure dredeelee is lonely/
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by kadman(m): 7:45am On Aug 26, 2008
KarmaMod:

Not a bad playlist whatsoever although i wont be surprised if she changes it for the US leg of the tour, unfortunately. Thanks very much smiley

Btw, kadman, it'D be best if you ignored the spammers. The scallywag keeps saying that its "her opinion, she thinks she sucks, blah blah im just saying the truth". FINE BUT WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD? Does it make sense to be in a thread meant for people who don't think she "sucks"? Asinwin. Cant barely understand their pathetic attempt at English anyway.

Alagolo, I must say I'm disappointed in you. Shouldnt you be stalking the guys of Nairaland or something? I'm sure dredeelee is lonely/

I really don't think she'll change it for the US tour. I had to find the complete list on U.S fan sites. So are you feeling the play list ? It's okay,but no Erotica, Justify My Love & I wanted more from the Confessions Era

I've decided to ignore the spammer & their bad karma smiley
She keeps shouting about her "opinion". What I wanted her to understand is that Madonna is THE BEST SELLING FEMALE ARTIST in the whole freakin' world, that show's that 1. No one cares about her opinion 2. She has very poor taste. smiley
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by leuelliot(m): 8:31am On Aug 26, 2008
Guyz no vex but al dis hassel bout maddona wat will become of it after her tour wil d thread jus die
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by KarmaMod(f): 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2008
kadman:

. What I wanted her to understand is that Madonna is THE BEST SELLING FEMALE ARTIST in the whole freakin' world, that show's that 1. No one cares about her opinion 2. She has very poor taste. smiley

Lol why bother? tongue

If she wants to believe in her "opinion, she has the right to, just don't know why she felt this thread was the place for her venom. i don't think Tuface is that great but I don't go into threads made by his fans yarning dust. What a pointless waste of time.

Btw I agree, I wish there was more confessions. undecided A

s for Er & JML, lol I dont see her doing those anymore unless she does a final "Greatest Hits" tour.
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 27, 2008
KarmaMod:

See this woman, instead of yarning with dreeldee, she's here getting disappointed at me tongue
Guys of NL? I pass!
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by kadman(m): 7:48am On Aug 27, 2008
Spotted: Elton John at the Madonna concert in Nice, France, on Tuesday night.

Also in the audience for the show? David & Victoria Beckham and Bono.

Sources tell us that Madge apparently had a MELTDOWN over technical problems that forced some of the screens to go out during several songs.

http://perezhilton.com/page/1/
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by kadman(m): 7:52am On Aug 27, 2008
Madonna vs. McCain: At War!

Madonna kicked off her "Sticky and Sweet" world tour on Saturday night, and - as she has done in the past - made sure to include some political satire in the new show.

In it, she compares Presidential hopeful John McCain with Adolf Hitler!

She also compared McCain to Zimbabwe's authoritarian President Robert Mugabe.

Well, McCain's camp is fighting back. His spokesman is speaking out against her Madonna

The Republican's rep, Tucker Bounds, says in a statement, "The comparisons are outrageous, unacceptable and crudely divisive all at the same time."

Bounds adds, "It clearly shows that when it comes to supporting Barack Obama, his fellow worldwide celebrities refuse to consider any smear or attack off limits."

Apparently this all happened during Madonna's song Get Stupid. Photos of McCain were flashed up alongside images of global warming and destruction, as well as pics of Hitler and Mugabe.

Then, towards the end of the song, photos appeared of John Lennon, Mahatma Gandhi, Al Gore, were then flashed beside that of Barack Obama

http://perezhilton.com/category/madonna/
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by KarmaMod(f): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2008
I thought that whole McCain shit was a stupid and unnecessary move on her part
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by spikedcylinder: 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2008
Are you guys freaking kidding me? I loooooooooooooooooved the AMERICAN LIFE album!!!

@young babe, your opinions are worth shaite. . . . . .the woman is still the BEST.
I am not even half her age and I dont look that good.
@ kadman, Dont abuse Beyonce you hear? Nothing do am o.
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by kadman(m): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ spikedcylinder
No vex,didn't mean to diss Beyonce, I was just comparing Madonna to someone popular,half her age.
American Life was cool,but it & Music album are my least fave.

@ Karma
Yeah quite unnecessary,but you know Madonna ! wink
Anyway McCain is not so good himself,remember last month he compared Obama with Paris Hiltion & Britney Spears !
This is the politics,and it's getting to the end of the race,anything would fly.
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by KarmaMod(f): 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2008
Yea but I dont think she should be involving her tour with that nonsense

People go to be entertained. We all know she's a liberal wink
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by spikedcylinder: 11:06am On Aug 29, 2008
kadman:

@ spikedcylinder
No vex,didn't mean to diss Beyonce, I was just comparing Madonna to someone popular,half her age.
American Life was cool,but it & Music album are my least fave.

Ah! My faves on the American Life album are ~ Easy Ride, Nothing Fails, Hollywood, I'm so Stupid, Nobody knows me. . . . .in fact, the whole freaking album!!! grin

Next to that is the Like a Prayer Album, Confessions on a Dance floor then. . . . Ray of Light, True Blue, Like a Virgin all have a tie.

I'm still getting used to this Hard Candy thingie though. . . . .
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by KarmaMod(f): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2008
spiked, you cant escape

ou have to list favorite songs too and no they dont have to be singles. wink
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by kadman(m): 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2008
Madonna's latest tour is making it big.

Her Madgesty has already brought in more than $120 million just from her European tour and has sold out 16 of the 17 shows.

And, now, Madonna's getting ready for the American start of her Sticky & Sweet outing.

She's got five sold out shows just in the New York area awaiting her!

The tour is scheduled to start October 4th in New Jersey and will have four shows in Madison Square Garden.

Her show includes about "3500 wardrobe elements, 36 clothing designers, 100 pairs of kneepads, 12 trampolines, 69 guitars, a traveling personnel of 250, five keyboards for Kevin Antunes the musical director, three members of the Russian Romani (Gypsy) group the Kolpakov Trio, 18 dancers, and one set of Swavorski crystal encrusted ear phones."

And she's been receiving great reviews as well.

The London Times said, "In the premiere league of song-and-dance spectaculars, the queen of pop remains unrivalled and undefeated."
The successful tour will then head out of NY and tour North America with stops in cities like Boston, Chicago, Denver, Toronto, Montreal, and ending in Miami on November 26th.

But that's not it for the Material Girl.

From there she'll head to Mexico City, where two shows sold 100,000 tickets in just three hours.

The South American part of the tour is showing great results as well, with three shows and over 210,000 tickets already sold.

A fourth show had to be recently added in Buenos Aires as her other stops in South America are already sold out.

There's no slowing down for Madonna!

Madonna broke the record back in 2006,for having the most sucsessful tour by a female artist ever. It looks like she would be breaking her own record with this tour.

Check out the stops for her North, Central, & South American Tour Dates…, after the jump!

[Image via WENN.]

Read the rest of this entry »
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
Nice thread.

All I know is I grew up on Madonna.
I remember when her "Music" album came.
I used to go to the neighborhood park, get on the swings and listen to her album from start to finish EVERYDAY! grin grin

Among others of course but Madonna was a favorite.

I didn't care about her reputation, I just enjoyed her music. That album was and still is as classic as she is.

Someone was gracious enough to upload the entire album on one video!! Awesome!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHR3gposT20

track list:

1. Music
2. Impressive Instant
3. Runaway Lover
4. I Deserve It
5. Amazing
6. Nobody's Perfect
7. Don't Tell Me
8. What It Feels Like For A Girl
9. Paradise (Not For Me)
10. Gone
11. American Pie
12. Cyberraga

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nobody's Perfect is my JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!

Same with Don't Tell me, Gone and Music kiss kiss
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by tpiar: 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
she has some good music though, I remember having a discussion about the power of goodbye with someone here, (was it karmamod), cant find the thread now.

But, her song Rain is good, likewise who's that girl, etc.

She sings love ballads a lot, besides the other stuff.

I'll Remember is one of my favorites. That song reminds me of Ife so much,

some of her earlier music (and a few in the 90s), were just good songs, nothing more to it imo.

she was a bit rebellious (religion wise) at one time, granted.
Re: Happy 50th Birthday To Madonna: A Living Legend! by tpiar: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
kadman:

Do You believe everything you read ? Come on you should be more educated than that.

corrected, I cant even remember what led to the story sef.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blogger, Linda Ikeji's Aging Pictures! (you've Not Seen This Before) / Gbese Teacher Caught Fu*cking A Student Doggy In Classroom (video) / American Model Poses Topless On A Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.