Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery (6189 Views)

Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out / Man Kills Wife. Says She Infected Him With HIV / Man Catches Wife Committing Adultery In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by desgiezd(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2008
Man Kills Self, Wife Over Adultery
17 minutes ago, 46 views

By Emma Una/ Calabar

A man, Thomas Atumar, who could not stomach the pain and shame of having another man have sex with his wife, Mary Odey Atumar, has ended it all tragically by shooting his wife and himself dead.

Thomas, an itinerant hunter in the village of Mbube on the outskirts of Ogoja was very angry when he came back from his hunting expedition in the middle of the night to find his wife in a sex romp with a youth in the village whose name was given as James.

James, P.M NEWS gathered, had escaped through the window when the man came back unexpectedly and met him and his wife having sex in his room.

Efforts by the angry hunter throughout the remaining part of the night to locate and eliminate him with his gun failed and when he returned to his house at dawn, he simply turned the gun on his wife.

He shot her in the stomach which left her entrails gushing out.

“After he shot his wife, he reloaded his gun and aimed at his chest, with the aid of his right toe, he pulled the trigger and killed himself, a source in the village told our reporter.

“He knew the consequences of his action,” our source said.

The man’s anger, our source added, was uncontrollable having warned the woman to stay away from having sex romps with the young man who is said to be younger than her.

“The woman was about 30 years, while her husband was close to 40, and James is just about 22. The man felt terribly insulted that the wife should stoop so low to having sex with a boy that young,” said the source.

After the shooting, the bodies were carted to the Ogoja Police Station and from there to the mortuary of the Ogoja General Hospital.

The arrangement for the burial of both bodies is a task to be carried out by the deceased man’s family since he is the one who “committed the act”

http://thepmnews.com/2008/08/19/man-kills-self-wife-over-adultery
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by hunniebomb(f): 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2008
ode, mumu
the man dey go straight to hell fire: one for killing, 2 for suicide.
for all we know the woman may have asked for forgiveness and might be in heaven. so wat was the point.

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by KarmaMod(f): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2008
I dont understand the article

Would it have been better if "James" was a bit older?
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by drrionelli(m): 11:48pm On Aug 21, 2008
This shows the nature of cultural sensibility at its most tragic.

Would it not have been to everybody's advantage had the married man simply left, i.e., divorced, his wife? That way, he would have been free of her unfaithfulness, and she could have been free to have sex with the other fellow with no ramifications. The other fellow would then not have borne the onus of having sex with another man's wife, because she would have no longer been married!

But, now there are not just individuals, but entire families, who had nothing whatsoever to do with the situation, who must bear the loss of those respective family members.

Of course, the entire argument would be unnecessary had the two cheating parties simply kept their clothes on and not given in to their hormonal urges.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by cyrusdevir(m): 11:55pm On Aug 21, 2008
hunniebomb:

ode, mumu
the man dey go straight to hell fire: one for killing, 2 for suicide.
for all we know the woman may have asked for forgiveness and might be in heaven. so what was the point.

Guess she had the confession with u?
She did that b/c she was Hot, no vibrator or lubricant to avoid explotion and couldn't control it b/c blood flows through here system down to the power house and needed to respect nature. its natural my dear. it happens to both gender but still depends on individual.
GOD SHOULD FORGIVE THEM THEIR SINS N ACCEPT THEIR SOULS. AMEN
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2008
foolish hunter. That was the signal for him to go on a cheating spree while his wife moped around with no moral grounds to cry foul. grin
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by ima1(f): 6:36am On Aug 22, 2008
why would he still be hunting in the middle of the night leaving his wife alone n not expecting her to get some action, there has got to be a reason why she ended up cheating on him, but he is an idiot prolly burning in hell right now

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by TOYOSI20(f): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2008
How pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by RichyBlacK(m): 7:08am On Aug 22, 2008
Why did he have to shoot himself? cry cry
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by coolboy100(m): 9:39am On Aug 22, 2008
ima1:

why would he still be hunting in the middle of the night leaving his wife alone n not expecting her to get some action, there has got to be a reason why she ended up cheating on him, but he is an idiot prolly burning in hell right now
please dnt tell me you suport what the woman did?
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by RichyBlacK(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2008
ima1:

If I were married to you and you cheated on me and gave this as your excuse instead of going down on your knees apologizing profusely and sincerely for your poor judgment, grin grin grin grin, let me not say what I'll do to you, but I'll definitely have a sweet laugh grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2008
ima1:

still not enough reason for d woman to sleep wt a small boy,a youth in d same village,dat is stupidity
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by RichyBlacK(m): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2008
mesmya:

still not enough reason for d woman to sleep wt a small boy,a youth in d same village,that is stupidity

Yep, she behaved very badly indeed. The man should have beaten the crap out of her instead of killing her. A good long beating can go a long way in helping some women. Murder is just too painful for the surviving family.
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by hunniebomb(f): 12:15am On Aug 23, 2008
@ RichyBlacK
no matter what the wife does, wife battering is WRONG, there is something called divorce.
calling someone wife doesn't give u the right or the audacity to beat her, or maybe u r from the stone age.

yeye people.
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by RichyBlacK(m): 4:11am On Aug 23, 2008
hunniebomb:

@ RichyBlacK
no matter what the wife does, wife battering is WRONG, there is something called divorce.
calling someone wife doesn't give u the right or the audacity to beat her, or maybe you're from the stone age.

yeye people.

I agree with you. However, if the man had soundly beaten the adulteress, wouldn't it had been better than taking her life? Evil can be ranked!
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by KarmaMod(f): 4:14am On Aug 23, 2008
and if she had died during the course of the beating?
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:15am On Aug 23, 2008
davidylan:

foolish hunter. That was the signal for him to go on a cheating spree while his wife moped around with no moral grounds to cry foul.  grin
Is this not the born-again-christian preaching such foulness?
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by KarmaMod(f): 4:16am On Aug 23, 2008
born agains cant be sarcastic anymore?
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by drrionelli(m): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2008
The point is that[i] either[/i] beating or killing would be wrong. 

The couple should have simply dissolved the contractural obligations of their marriage (i.e., divorced).   Had the husband wished to be dead, that's his decision to terminate[b] his own [/b] life (though a distressingly selfish one it is).
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by MrCrackles(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Why did he have to shoot himself? cry cry

I wonder oo!
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by slimmwilli: 6:36am On Jan 23, 2011
ok lemme start with contradicting everyone here who is religious. every sin is equal in god's eyes. Lying and killing is the same to him, and bears the same consequence. secondly, adultery is especially disqusting in god's eyes, and god hates divorce. Beating a woman for cheating is not a sin. Who are you to decide what is a sin or not? Are you here to call god a liar? are you here to contradict him? You only divorce if absolutely necessary. man wasn't put on earth for women. women were put here for men. unlike dogs, or cattle, you are here to accompany men. at the same time we can not sin on our women, by breaking covenants.
Now, to non believers. If you think the woman innocent you are probably LovePeddler prone yourself. Blaming the husband for cheating tells me you are unwilling to accept responsibility for your actions, because in stories, where people judge people, people tend to put their selves in the shoes of the people in the story, and they usually take the side they relate to more.
to those who understood why the man killed his wife. that's a bit extreme. Of course I can put myself in his shoes, and would want to kill too, every sin is just as bad as the other. I would just remove her from my home, and turn her into the neighborhood pariah. divorce the whores
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by slimmwilli: 6:43am On Jan 23, 2011
oh btw ima1 if you can judge cheating ok for any reason, then there is a reason to murder. I would say cheating is plenty of a reason to murder. Stealing, reason to murder, hell, lying should justify a murder too. it's all wrong. and if you say well stealing is worse than murder than that gives each wrong a weight, and weight builds up. so, 100,000 lies = a murder?
It's all a sin, and people like you do not deserve respect.
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by jasman1: 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2011
I don't support the man's action, but there's what's called "temporary insanity" and that was what happened with this man. as a married man, I felt his pains inside my own bones. In most states in the USA and State, there's another defensive words in the law book called "hit of passion" wish the man could have used as a defence. again, I'm not in anyway supporting his actions. I also with interest have read through comments expectially from the girls with disappointment. Ladies like hanniebomb and Imai whose value system is zero, will do exactly what that adulterous woman did.Imai mentioned leaving the woman alone at night, so your husband will always be there 100% every night. What a shame.
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by desthan(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2011
@topic

Another satisfied customer undecided

*singing on to the next, on to the next. . . .*
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by slimmwilli: 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
LMAO on to the next one on on onto the next one
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2011
The arrangement for the burial of both bodies is a task to be carried out by the deceased man’s family since he is the one who “committed the act”

na james family suppose bury them.
the man na heavy mumu, allow her go plan ur thing well, kill them later when the suspision can not be proved, revenge is a dish,
Re: Man Kills Wife And Self Over Adultery by spoilt(f): 1:17am On Jan 04, 2013
He fired the gun with his big toe?
grin Lawdy . . . . He meant business.

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Just Found Out My Fiancée Has Children And I Haven't Asked Him Yet. / My Marriage, My Future,any Hope..... / The Green Card Game:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.