Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Graduates Against Dragnet GSE - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Against Dragnet GSE (20357 Views)

Final Free Dragnet GSE Past Questions And Answers ( Old And New Package) / Please Help (re: Free Dragnet GSE Questions) / Dragnet/gse Are Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2008
[b][/b]GREATEST NIGERIAN GRADUATES

THIS IS A CLARION CALL GOING OUT TO ALL OF You DELECTABLE GRADUATES WHO ARE READY TO BE SCREENED THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT PROCESS BUT NOT DUPED UNDER THE PRETENCE OF RECRUITMENT BY THE DRAGNET COMPANY ORGANISERS OF THE INFAMOUS GRADUATE STARNDADISATION EXAMINATION EXAMINATION.

THIS IS DEFINATELY A SCHEME FRAUDULENT ENOUGH TO YIELD MONEY FOR A SET OF HUNGRY AGENTS WHOM ARE READY TO MAKE MONEY FROM UNEMPLOYED GRADUTES WHOM THEY SEE AS OBLIGED TO SEEK EMPLOYEMENT BY ALL MEANS,

FIRST THEY CHARGE OUTRAGEOUS FEES AS HIGH AS 7500 - 5000

SECOND THEY RECRUIT WITHOUT A VALID PROOF THAT CANDIDATES QUALIFIED ACTUALLY SAT FOR THE GSE EXAM RATHER THAN BEING THERE PERSONAL AND BIASED CHOICES,

THIRDLY THEY ARE SAYING THAT OTHER COMPANIES RECRUITING WITHOUT CHARGING JOB SEEKERS ARE FOOLS WITHOUT REASON 4 DOING SO,

LETS ALL UNITE AGAINST THIS ILLEGAL ACT AS THIS WOULD SOON BECOME THE NORM FOR RECRUITNG OUR YOUNGERS ONES IN THE NEAREST FUTURE,

TESTS COULD BE CONDUCTED TO ANY EXTENT BUT WHY MAKE UNEMPLOYED GRADUTES PAY FOR SUCH WHEN MOST BASICALLY STRUGGLED TO GET THE DEGREE ,

IS THIS JUSTIFIED,  [b][/b]
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by ben68(m): 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2008
Thanks for your candid and up to date advice with respect to the infamous dragnet ways of seeking graduates out for the sole purpose of getting them employment in matinational firms so they claim.

My own experience with them stems from the fact that i won a talk and phone in programme organized by silverbird television last year,its almost a year now and they have not still deemed it fit to send me a call up for there test in question that goes to guarantee one a placement in any organization.If you ask me i will say they are scammers and fellow applicants please beware.

Ben
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by ow11(m): 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2008
It is disheartening that 'job seekers' are made to pay for fraudulent exams under the pretext on standardisation. it is a big shame that a big organisation like Union bank would align themselves to those theives to milk broke Nigerians out of the little cash they have.

Psychometric tests are usually free for potential employees while the companies bear the cost but these fraudsters operating with impunity charge poor people 5k for some shambolic tests that we have no idea where they get them from.

This is why we have legislators. These people should be called to order by them but alas they are too busy looking for more money to steal than to look out for the well being of their electorates.

SHAME ON YOU GSE ORGANISERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by jodeci(m): 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2008
nelly4:

[b][/b]GREATEST NIGERIAN GRADUATES

THIS IS A CLARION CALL GOING OUT TO ALL OF You DELECTABLE GRADUATES WHO ARE READY TO BE SCREENED THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT PROCESS BUT NOT DUPED UNDER THE PRETENCE OF RECRUITMENT BY THE DRAGNET COMPANY ORGANISERS OF THE INFAMOUS GRADUATE STARNDADISATION EXAMINATION EXAMINATION.

THIS IS DEFINATELY A SCHEME FRAUDULENT ENOUGH TO YIELD MONEY FOR A SET OF HUNGRY AGENTS WHOM ARE READY TO MAKE MONEY FROM UNEMPLOYED GRADUTES WHOM THEY SEE AS OBLIGED TO SEEK EMPLOYEMENT BY ALL MEANS,

FIRST THEY CHARGE OUTRAGEOUS FEES AS HIGH AS 7500 - 5000

SECOND THEY RECRUIT WITHOUT A VALID PROOF THAT CANDIDATES QUALIFIED ACTUALLY SAT FOR THE GSE EXAM RATHER THAN BEING THERE PERSONAL AND BIASED CHOICES,

THIRDLY THEY ARE SAYING THAT OTHER COMPANIES RECRUITING WITHOUT CHARGING JOB SEEKERS ARE FOOLS WITHOUT REASON 4 DOING SO,

LETS ALL UNITE AGAINST THIS ILLEGAL ACT AS THIS WOULD SOON BECOME THE NORM FOR RECRUITNG OUR YOUNGERS ONES IN THE NEAREST FUTURE,

TESTS COULD BE CONDUCTED TO ANY EXTENT BUT WHY MAKE UNEMPLOYED GRADUTES PAY FOR SUCH WHEN MOST BASICALLY STRUGGLED TO GET THE DEGREE ,

IS THIS JUSTIFIED, [b][/b]
[/quote

You have said it all,i hate rogues in any guise,the worst case scenaro would be arm struggle to ensure they don thrive in this illegality.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by medomayo: 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2008
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b] My God, it's a different thing to say something and another to comply with it, these 'FOOL' in disguise their respective children will not part-take o. why do people ,love extortion , our government is dead, our youth, only God knows. hw best do u guy think we can avert this situation, coz i'm dying, somebody help.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by edumen2003: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2008
Don't mind the so called dragnet , they are looking for a way to eat oure money. good for us that nobody is going to pay.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2008
I am suprised that a bank like Union bank could stoop so low for a scam like the GSE. I logged into the web site and they asked me to pay N5000.00 through my ATM card, an easy way to defraud yo ug graduates abi? shame to Union bank. shaaaammmmmm embarassed
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by seyibrown(f): 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2008
Absolute nonsense!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by lawyer(m): 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2008
Why Blame Dragnet? If you didnt answer their clarion call to defraud you, you wont have been scammed. They just played on the psychology of job seekers who are desperate to find jobs and am sure somewhere in their contract written in small prints provides a caveat emptor which states that a job is not a compulsory thing they must find for you.

Just beware and learn from this!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Jascobee: 11:45pm On Aug 20, 2008
A COUNTRY WITHOUT LAW,ANYTHING GOES, I WONDER WHAT THE USELESS LEGISLATORS IN ABUJA AND THE NIGERIAN MEDIA ARE DOING,
BY THE WAY,UNION BANK IS PAYING 55K TO GRADUATES, WHY WOULD I GO TO AN EXTENT OF PAYING MY 5K TO DRAGNET JUST TO END UP IN LOCAL GOVT. LIKE UNION BANK,
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by bums: 6:35am On Aug 21, 2008
What do u expect from a country where every one sees his neighnour as a potential customer, my dear the dragnet guys are just trying to exploit some holes they ve noticed in the system, it will be wonderful if we can put up a stern fight against this evil.
Yes, maybe if there is a way the government can be alerted bout this, maybe there wud be an head way. Mind u it is not only Dragnet that is in the scheme, big organisations are also involved, interswitch, union bank, UBA etc. We have to speak out on this.

tongue
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Emperoh(m): 7:16am On Aug 21, 2008
The point is, don't pay anyone to get a job
I won't do that. This also implies that the company in question is not looking for the best.
I am ot going to pay anyone to get a job and not to talk of a bank like Union Bank.
Tufia kwa!!!!!!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by seyibrown(f): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2008
I can't believe they are making such a scam very corporate! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by pyno(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2008
Its a shame that Union Bank and thier likes are collaborating with scammers to rip- off the already impoverished Nigerian graduates,where do you expect a job seekers to get 5k from?.The use of GSE score as a means of recruitment by big organisations was done in bad light and we must all fight against it with all we've got.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by freakyy(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2008
well said
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by basking4me: 10:17am On Aug 21, 2008
It is a shame that a bank like UBN with all its experience and patronage from our fathers in the past is going to be paid back to the children with such kind of treatment.

Let me make jobseekers understand something, when you secure a  job and get paid at the end of each month, its not free money you are collecting rather you EARNED (your right) it. You worked for it and Deserve it, its your RIGHT.

Where do you expect a graduate looking for a job to get 5,000. why, why are we just been wicked with ourselves, why, I ask?.   cry

So if a candidate dont pass the exams, will you recommend they go back to their university so that can go and start all over again, ?  

I wish to call on the NUC board (Nigerian Universities Commission), that there is a company called Dragnet and they, in conjunction with Union Bank of Nigeria are saying that all your products (GRADUATES) fall short of standard and therefore have devised another exam to test them allover again.

Dragnet, you are not an exam institute, at least not nationally recognised. If at all there should be any of such exams, it should be the responsibility of NUC, especially given the magnitute of an organisation UBN and the others they service.

Pls stop exploitin the Nigerian Youth. Where will they get the money to pay,

I am sure a staff of UBN or DRagnet will see this, Please tell your people to stop this embarassing act. It will only bring your reputable names to disrepute.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Emperoh(m): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2008
I am already sending an article to the press on this
Guardian Punch and Sun Newspapers are my target
It is whack asking people to pay before you employ them
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Shibrino(f): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2008
Opportunists, God pass u oh. They think they can play on our intelligence. We must do something b4 things get out of hand.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 21, 2008
guys, i thank you for this,and i urge to keep up
i wonder what this country is turning into
pls all job seekers beware and reputable firms should stop patronising them
thanks
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Adennem(f): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2008
Thank so much my brother basking4me, for ur view and u have say it all i totally agree with you, and i want to use this opportunity to say A BIG SHAME ON  GSE ORGANISERS AND UNION BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by afislonge(m): 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2008
we seems to be hopeless when Union Bank and so called Big companies subscribe to such nonsence. i registered only to knw that i will pay for exam, then kept my money in my purse. Nig graduate need to come under one umbrella like a union where we can have a voice that need to be heard. your legislators are after there own national cake so we need to fight for ourselves. Mind u dragnet did nt force anybody to pay but we need to convince Nigerians the reason behind this outrageous, barbaric, modern way of milk drying jobless graduate, stupid exam standardization. who gave them the standard. GOD PUNISH You ALL(DRAGNET). tongue tongue tongue
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Jummy4real(f): 12:58pm On Aug 21, 2008
Honestly, i see no reason why they should be asking for 5,000 from job seekers before they can write their exam. It’s not only Union Bank, because they just joined them. Others are GTBank, Standard Chartered Bank, Access Bank, Virgin Drinks, Afribank Capital Markets and more. According to their site “Show your GSE Score to employers on the Dragnet website, including GTBank, Standard Chartered Bank, Access Bank, Virgin Drinks, Afribank Capital Markets & more”.

Find out more from their website address http://www.gse.org.ng/about.aspx

I don’t blame them. I blame the companies that are patronizing them because the company supposed to actually pay them to recruit and not the other way round. Where do they expect them to get the money from? I wonder what we are turning this country to. The so-called banks and companies should employ HR in their various organisations or contract an HR expert to do the work for them and pay them. The government should please intervene
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by IncaGold(m): 1:30pm On Aug 21, 2008
I dont think GSE or Dragnet recruit for any of the companies. They simply organise the test and send test scores to the would-be recruiter. They operate like SHL, Cubik etc.
Although the 5,000 is high but me think that the IDEA aint bad afterall. Cos if one has to travel all the way from Sokoto to Lagos to write a test, if you factor in the cost of transportation and other inconviniences, then you'll see it aint that expensive afterall. At least I know of someone that travelled to Lagos twice in a week to write some test of sorts and ended up spending over #8,000 on transportation and other logistics.

Imagine the trouble of writing different test for BankPhb, GTBank, Access Bank, Diamond Bank, Stan Chart, UBA, Eco Bank, Skye, Zenith etc.

Infact must graduates travel to write test? In this info tech age?
My verdict is that the test should be free and any recruiter that wants to make use of the service should PAY and not US
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by slyk2(m): 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2008
Thats a wonderful notification.

However, it points to you why you must do your
internships as at when do and also strive to be
an entreprenuer or better still find some trusted
friends and form a partnership that will work.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by kaypound(m): 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2008
Its bad, it also applies to those crooks asking you to pay before they offer you scholarships, so what is the essence of the scholarship when you all paid for it and only 3 people where taken and others where left behind, meaning it was every bodies money that was used to sponsor just 3 people and the remaining change will be kept by the fraudsters
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by ayobase(m): 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
thats good!!
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by Caliente(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2008
[size=13pt]IT'S JUST TERRIBLE MILIKING ALREADY DRY UNEMPLOYED BONES angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by fusty: 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2008
dear house,
first ,this money is outrageous .
Second, what is the authentication of the result obtain at the end this examinations.
Finally ,which body is regulating this exam.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by emmydee(m): 2:48pm On Aug 21, 2008
well, job seekers be careful.

If you wish to pay money, it's entirely your choice.
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2008
I CAN NOW SEE THAT FELLOW NIGERIAN GRADUATES ARE ACTUALLY READY TO STANDUP AND COUNTER THE INJUSTICE THIS INFAMOUS BODY CALLED DRAGNET IS PERPETRATING IN OUR GREAT NATION,

@BASKING 4ME
I REALLY APPRECIATE UR INDEPT ANALYSIS OF THE DISCUSS ,

THE NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION SHOULD REALLY BE INVITED INTO THIS ISSUE because SOONER OR LATER DRAGNET AND THERE SO CALLED GRADUATE STANDARDISATION EXAM WOULD BECOME AN ABSTRACT EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION RACKING IN MONEY FROM GRADUTES ILLEGALLY ESPECIALLY WITHOUT IT BEEN LICENCED TO DO SO,

@EMPEROH
I REALLY CANT WAIT TO READ UR ARTICLES AND PASTE IT ON NOTICE BOARDS AROUND,

@SHIBRINO
THE BEST THING GRADUATES CAN START WITH FOR NOW IS A CAMPAIGN EXPOSING THIS NOTORIOUS SCHEME WHICH IS JUST LIKE AN ILL WIND THAT BRINGS NO GOOD.

@INCA GOLD
IF TRAVELLING EXPENSES OR OTHER LOGISTICS OF CANDIDATES GOING FOR INTERVIEWS WHERE TO BE CONSIDERED THEN THE TESTS WOULD BE ONLINE JUST LIKE THAT OF GUINESS NIGERIA WITHOUT ANY CHARGES,

MOREOVER RECRUITMENT TESTS DONT COME UP IN MASS AS You STATED , CONSIDERING THE DIFFERENT CRITERIA COMPANIES PUT OUT,

FURTHERMORE,
DRAGNET HAS EVERYTHING TO GAIN SINCE THEY HAVE THE MONOPOLY OF FAILING CANDIDATES JUST TO GET A RE-EXAMINATION FEE WHICH COULD AS WELL MEAN THAT A POOR CANDIDATE MIGHT END UP PAYING MULTIPLE OF THE FEE (5000) TILL HE / SHE GET'S A GOOD SCORE FOR THE DESIRED JOB,

IN CONCLUSION,
GRADUATES SHOULD NOT BE DECIVED THAT ITS NOT COMPULSORY WHICH IS TOTALLY WRONG,

IT IS 100% COMPULSORY TO TAKE THE DRAGNET GSE TEST ONCE THE JOB You DREAM OF GETTING TO START UR CAREER REQUIRES You TO HAVE A GSE SCORE THUS IT IS 100% COMPULSORY WITHOUT ANY SHORT CUTS THUS LEAVING NIGERIAN GRADUATES AT THE MERCY OF DRAGNET GSE,

GRADUATES IS THIS JUSTIFIED,
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by nelly4(f): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2008
JUST READ SOME LAMENTATIONS FROM THESE FEW UNDER THE UNION BANK SLAVE TRADE TO DRAGNET GSE

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-161250.32.html

WHAT A PITY,

IS THIS JUSTIFIED
Re: Graduates Against Dragnet GSE by fallguy(m): 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2008
in an economic sense dragnet is just capitalizing on an opportunity created by job seekers and employers.
but to make themselves the standard?
THE dragnet concept isnt new. in fact its belated.
when there is a lot of disparity, very soon the need for a STANDARD WILL arise.
its bound to be.
JAMB IS STANDARD, IELTS IS A STANDARD, TOEFL IS A STANDARD,GRE IS A STANDARD -
so for employment purposes- some organisation is gonna come up and set a standard.
its cheaper for a university to judge u based on jamb score than to set up the tests themselves,same goes for
toefl. except when the credibility of the test maker becomes suspect - like jamb is - .else how many organizations will question your toefl or A-levels or ielts score ?that's cuz the organizations have sterling reputations.
this is the future trend so stop bitching . As a matter of fact expect dragnet to grow and  possibly be on the stock exchange ,until the nigerian factor - corruption of course- hacks it down.Then maybe banks may resort to their own in house methods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Soft Skills Employers Are Looking For In Applicants / BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / What No One Tells You About Searching For Jobs Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.