Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,613 members, 7,816,518 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

'nysc' In Plateau: What Do I Need To Know - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 'nysc' In Plateau: What Do I Need To Know (1535 Views)

Lawyer Fresh From NYSC In Need Of A Job / Vacancies In Plateau State / Doing Nysc In Chevron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'nysc' In Plateau: What Do I Need To Know by darkey(m): 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2008
Abeg, is there any one out there who has info 4 someone serving in plateau? pls reply this thread. any info about jobs too would be appreciated, i majored in ICT
Re: 'nysc' In Plateau: What Do I Need To Know by stewie(m): 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2008
One thing I for one, will look forward to is the networking. Do the basics first. Networking generally refers to the fact that; Never again- will you be amongst over 3,000 nigerian graduates from different communities/tribes, career line, ideologies and status. Its a 1 in a lifetime oppurtunity to meet new-best friends.

You have the chance to choose and gain from them. You'll surely meet peers who schooled abroad, some whose parents're top citizens in the country and thier likes in the diaspora. Market yourself for opportunities, to prospective employerswho'll most likely storm PLEATEU CAMP especially. Banks and other expanding sectors of the economy are competing to capture the north, in general by all means. take Clear/Neat hard copies of your resume(possibly in a flash driive, but cant guarantee the qualitee of printers there)

In my case, I found my wife in camp, and I never regretted. The same or even bettercd happen to you. Need more consultation? I wont charge you much grin 0802-311-9441
Re: 'nysc' In Plateau: What Do I Need To Know by darkey(m): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2008
Nice one oh. i like the wife part. dont let my other girlfriends hear about it (indeed). jealousy has been discovered in nigeria in large quantities. thx 4 the tip. i'll b in touch, if need be. thx again
more ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Re: 'nysc' In Plateau: What Do I Need To Know by ephisi(m): 4:11pm On Aug 24, 2008
fter u have settled down, your main aim is to make sure u are posted to d state capita, because if them post ui go panksin or langtan your own don finish. Dis can achieve by beign part of the band, or excelling in one sport or the order,

Or try get in touch with those in charge of posting, runs.
One of the easies way is to carry any mising item to the coordinate of camp, i telll u thats d easiest way to be rewarded, like missing phones and money, stuff nlke thayt,  and i tell u u will be rewarded.

You can even set it up. Get your friend to give u his expensive phone or money and u return it to d camp cordinator as if it was missing. This has to e done early in camp.before other people start doing it.

You could alaso pally up with the soldiers, especially d camp comandant. Thats another easy way.

Basically, the rest about camp is just have fun and cane as many chichs as u can

Con cerning ur job, They may post u to a scool or anyplace not related to ur field, what u have to do is make sure ure posted to jost capital first, then go out and lok for jobs in ur place of choice, eg in Univ of Jos theres an ICT place that pays weel i 4got d name,> I the place u were posted to by nysc is not right for u, go there and make sure u are rejected, i repeat make sure u are rejected. This gives u the right to get a place of ur own. U have to be fast about it cause opthers are so looking for their own placements.
08038588291 if u need any clarifications

1 Like

Re: 'nysc' In Plateau: What Do I Need To Know by yetunde08: 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2008
Jos is a wonderful place, i served in rukuba barracks cos thats one of the places accomodation comes along with the job, and i badly needed that then and i also met my husband in camp, we have two children now. Transportation was expensive but the food was cheap, the weather was too harsh but the people were very friendly.
  cheesy
Re: 'nysc' In Plateau: What Do I Need To Know by sunshineky(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2008
plateau is firest almost d coldest state in nigeria bc of its altitude, so u'll need a blanket
good sweaters,jackets even d cold is at its peak in january but remba its rainin now too.

nice town wit easy goin fellas and gals dat really love socializin. its a slow town wit
not so much money but who says u cant make things happen for urself?

abt place of primary assignmt, let God take his course, but if u must take ur course
den do wat u hav to do to get urself something nice. u can hav d best of time anywher
in d world! its just wat u make out of it!

brother just hav fun in j-town not just in camp.

(1) (Reply)

Shell Centenary Scholarship / Help Pls! I Need Nlng Aptitude Test Tips For Experienced Materials Engineer / Call Redux From Globacom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.