Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? (27242 Views)

Hantu, Wahda And Tahda (bidiah Or Sunnah) / Using Tasbeehyu For Azkar Counting Is Bidiah / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by babs787(m): 7:17pm On Aug 24, 2008
Salam all.

Please I need Muslims stand on the topic.

Firstly, I notice that people give preference to Solatul Fathi instead of Solatul Ibrahim and some even say that reciting it up to thousand times has reward than Solat?

Secondly, I still notice in some mosques how some people spread a white cloth after Mahgrib prayer, sit round it and made supplications and never bother to pray the nawafil after Mahgrib.

Please I would welcome everybody's comment on these. There are still some but would want to start with one at a time.

Maa Salam.
Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by mukina2: 10:14pm On Aug 24, 2008
babs787:

Salam all.

Firstly, I notice that people give preference to Solatul Fathi instead of[b] Solatul Ibrahim [/b]and some even say that reciting it up to thousand times has reward than Solat?

Is it Alluhama Sali Allah Muhammad?

around this parts Solatu Fati is very popular . they use it in every prayer.

Solatul ibrahim ( if its the one i am thinking you mean) is used only after Fajr prayers
Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by littleb(m): 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2008
babs787:

Salam all.

Firstly, I notice that people give preference to Solatul Fathi instead of Solatul Ibrahim and some even say that reciting it up to thousand times has reward than Solat?

Secondly, I still notice in some mosques how some people spread a white cloth after Mahgrib prayer, sit round it and made supplications and never bother to pray the nawafil after Mahgrib.

Please I would welcome everybody's comment on these. There are still some but would want to start with one at a time.

Maa Salam.

Salam Alaykum,

First of all, one need to be cleared with the concept of BID'HA(innovation) in islam. It has been explained by many scolars that not all innovations. The prophet used the word Kul(every) in the hadith and not All. Thus we have good innovations and Bad innovations according to many scolars in Islam. This was also supported by several hadiths. Thereby, most scorlarly agreement on innovations conform and fall within the content of the Quran or Hadith or concensus of the ummah(Ijma).

On the issue of solatul fatih. I  ve been through the meaning of the prayer and I don't see anything wrong with it. Thereby, I see nothing wrong in one reciting it. However, there is complexity that surround this prayer with which I will advice everyone doing it need to check him/herself whether to continue or stop it.

1. The doubtfull origin of solatul fatih
2. Attaching important to it more than other prayer thought by the prophet and even five daily prayers
3. Ranking people who perform it higher than any other muslims
4. Above all, it was not thought by prophet during his life.

Moreover, the prophet declared for us to be very aware that one of the things he is very much afraid of after his demise is Al-ulamahu Li-mudholin(Misguidance Ulamas). They would bring innovations and aclaimed it to the prophet.

Also, what I ve learnt on spreading of white cloth is just a symbol of one who originated the group. There is nothing bad in doing dhikr togetherness in mosque, however people bring many innovations to it like clapping, jumping, inebriate and negleting solat etc.

Moreso, there are many other sects like that with funny funny things which has no trace during the life of the prophet. My advice to fellow muslims especially younger ones learning islam is that the more you stick to what was practiced by prophet, the safer is from being misguided. Also, the prophet decalred "He who will live (long enough) will see many different(ways). Keep to my Sunnah, and the Sunnah of the well-guided khulafa'; hold fast thereto. And beware of innovations (in matters of religion). Verily, every innovation is a bid'ah, and every bid'ah is misguidance, and every misguidance is in the Fire.".

The guided rule here thus; as long as the doubtful matter is not fard(compulsory) one may leave it in order not to cross the boundary according to sharia.

Allah Alam.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by zayhal(f): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2008
Salam alaykum,
On salatul fatih, though its content is good, it cannot be traced to Rasullullah S.A.W). The companions once asked him (s.a.w) (when he told them that Allah sends salah on him and the people are enjoined to do same) how they should send salh on him and he (s.a.w) taught them Salatu -Ibrahim. This is what is recorded that the Sahaabah and Taabi'un used to recite. Salaatu-faatih came about long after these groups. Between what the Prophet himself (s.a.w) taught and what he did not even hear about, which one should we prefer?
He (s.a.w) also told us that the straight path is clear and the crooked path is obvious, and what is in-between these is doubtful and enjoined us to leave the doubtful matters.
On the spreading of white clothes, this is a common practise among the Tijaniyyah, Quadriyyah and the likes. They spread a white sheet on the floor and sit round it to do their adhkaar, usually chanting it. Thier belief is that during the adhkaar, their leader whom the sects are named after, would appear in their midst and sit on the white clothing. This is sheer innovation if I may say.
Some people who are non members of the sect join them after salah innocently not knowing what they're really upto.My dad used to be a member but Alhamdulilah he realised their ills and left the sect.
Allahu Ta'alaa a'lam

2 Likes

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by babs787(m): 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2008
Salam and appreciate everyone's comment.

Bid'a according to Islamic legal definition is an innovation, which is an error and a misguidance. It must be shunned and people warned against it.

The Holy prophet (saw) in one Hadith says: " The best speech is the book of Allah and the best path to follow is the path of Mohammed (saw) and the worst things are the innovations and every innovation is an error" (Muslim)

In the extract from Faith al-Bari the most authentic commentary on Bukhari further clarifies the concept of Bid'a.

"Innovation is that which does not have its origin in the Shariah and anything that does not have an origin in Shariah is an innovation."

Ibn- Abdul Salam says in "Al-Qawaid " that Bid'a is of five types:

1. Wajiba (necessary); Like learning Syntax and Grammar through which the word of Allah and his messenger can be understood.

2. Manduba (Recommended); All good acts that were not established in the time of the Messenger (saw) like the congregation of Taraweeh, like the funding of schools, Tasawuff, holding debates.

3. Mubaha (Permissible); Like shaking hand after Fajr and Asr prayer and enjoying worldly pleasures like good food & drink, clothes & houses.

4. Makruh (offensive)

5. Khilaf al ula (offensive)

Imam Shatbie in his book "Al-Ithisam" has defined Bid'a as follows: "A way invented in religion that resembles the Shariah yet the purpose of following it contradicts the purpose of Shariah." So it is a way, which is not in consonance and agreement with the Shariah but against its spirit. This is why the Prophet (saw) so strongly condemned Bid'a. The Innovator is thrusting something new in the religion yet it violates the spirit of religion.

Abdullah Ibn Abbas narrates the messenger (saw) said, "Whatever Allah has made permissible is halal and whatever he has forbidden is Haram and anything else not mentioned is excused." (Abu Dawad).

I still wonder why people recite Solatul Fathi instead of Solatul Ibrahim taught by the holy prophet?

I love this part:

1. The doubtfull origin of solatul fatih
2. Attaching important to it more than other prayer thought by the prophet and even five daily prayers
3. Ranking people who perform it higher than any other muslims
4. Above all, it was not thought by prophet during his life.

Moreover, the prophet declared for us to be very aware that one of the things he is very much afraid of after his demise is Al-ulamahu Li-mudholin(Misguidance Ulamas). They would bring innovations and aclaimed it to the prophet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Frizy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2008
The similarity between those who use Salotu Fati and the white clothing is described in the following Sura:

And when it is said unto them:"Follow that which Allah hath revealed"They say:"Enough for us is that which we found our fathers." What! Even though their fathers were simply unintelligent and had no guidance?
2:170

The prophet during his lifetime never told any of his followers to do this,as time went on, people who God wanted to lead astray possessed knowledge of the Quran but used it wrongly. What any schloar or religious teacher must avoid is adding to what the prophet brought. Some sufis dont even pray thinking they can one day become another Allah, all these absurdities need to be thrown out of the deen and identified as ways of the straying.

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Ansary(m): 7:24am On Jan 05, 2009
Salat Ibrahim was said by Muhd SAW, did He said again it is bida to recite any other salat to Him. You should understand that, when the sahaba asked him the salat, he sat silent 4 a while, then said. "Allahuma salli ala saiyadna muhd wa ala ali muhd kama sallaita, wa rahimta, wa barak ala ibrahm wa ala ali ibrahim innaka hamidun majid." that Allah should do salat to him and his ahl, do way he did to ibrahm AS and his ahl.
U heard wen d sahaba uzd 2 go to SAW's house to eat and conversd, Rasulullah couldnt tell dem that he was disturbd until wen Allah SWT reveald d ayah, and informd dem, dat d rasul is shy to tel dem, but Allah do not shy on the truth: ", fa yastahyi minkum, wallahu la yastahyi minal haq, " said Allah. Also putting that cloth as sed by a broda that it is a seat 4 a sheikh is a lie and qazaf, u need to ask b4 jzt sayng what u feel like. Durng the early time of d wazifa, people sit like in prayas in sahu, so animals usd to jzt pass as they like, den the muslm thought it dsrespect so dey chang

3 Likes

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Ansary(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2009
Also putting that cloth as sed by a broda that it is a seat 4 a sheikh is a lie and qazaf, u need to ask b4 jzt sayng what u feel like. Durng the early time of d wazifa, people sit like in prayas, people uzd to passd so they changed 2 da'ira (circle), it is insyd a mosque so smal children uzd 2 pass through, so they put the white clothing, no any sane man or boy would match via dem onto d white cloth. Whether There is d clothng or not, they can perform their wazifa, it is nothng, jzt meant 4 blockn d way 4 people esp.small children, as they respect the clean white cloth. Some mosques without passage via d daira do not put dem. Also please can u swear to Allah u are a witnes that there is a sufi that stop praying waitng to become anoda Allah? Haba broda? Do justice mana, anythng u post here you must depend at the presence of Allah den why d lies and qazaf? Prayng nafila, d 1st man said sufis do not care to, who told you Sir? SAW said: don't jzt leave ur rooms as places of resting. Do ur nafilat in ur rooms.

3 Likes

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Ansary(m): 7:49am On Jan 05, 2009
Must u do d nafilat in d mosque? Must he tel u wen he is prayng nafila? It is his privacy wt his Creator, so leave it to him. After all, it is nafilat brodas. Allah aalam. Salam

2 Likes

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by babs787(m): 8:25pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Ansary

Would reply your post on Wazifa when I am less busy and other issues raised here.
Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by babs787(m): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2009
@Ansary

Did you say the wazifa is a Nafilah? shocked shocked

Must u do d nafilat in d mosque? Must he tel u when he is prayng nafila? It is his privacy wt his Creator, so leave it to him. After all, it is nafilat brodas. Allah aalam. Salam.

On Solatul fathi in which you said;

Salat Ibrahim was said by Muhd SAW, did He said again it is bida to recite any other salat to Him. You should understand that, when the sahaba asked him the salat, he sat silent 4 a while,  then said. "Allahuma salli ala saiyadna muhd wa ala ali muhd kama sallaita, wa rahimta, wa barak ala ibrahm wa ala ali ibrahim innaka hamidun majid." that Allah should do salat to him and his ahl, do way he did to ibrahm AS and his ahl.
U heard when d sahaba uzd 2 go to SAW's house to eat and conversd, Rasulullah couldnt tell them that he was disturbd until when Allah SWT reveald d ayah, and informd them, that d rasul is shy to tel them, but Allah do not shy on the truth: ", fa yastahyi minkum, wallahu la yastahyi minal haq, " said Allah. 

So where is Solatul Fathi in the above and why do you give preference to it than Solatul Ibrahim given by the prophet (saw0

Also putting that cloth as sed by a brother that it is a seat 4 a sheikh is a lie and qazaf, u need to ask before jzt sayng what u feel like.

Where did you see that in my post?

Durng the early time of d wazifa, people sit like in prayas in sahu, so animals usd to jzt pass as they like, den the muslm thought it dsrespect so dey change

Brother, I learnt that you don't pray Nawafil and believe that this supersedes the normal Nawafil after Maghrib? I know that they do it without spreading cloth as well.
Brother, I rest my case jare, its Bidah and Allah does not like it. Its either you take Sunnah or inovation. By the way, could you tell me your understanding of Bidah and maybe that woud help us in understanding and knwing what is Bidah.

Maa Salam

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Ansary(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2009
Read ma post wel, i didn't say d wazifa s a nafila, i sed nafilat prayas must nt necessarily b afta magrib, and since it s a nafila u musn't b condemnd 4 nt prayn it, and look out 4 d tru tijania people, u'l c dey 1st pray d nafila b4 d wazifa.
I am nt givn salatul fatih 2 salat ibrahmi, 4 it hs dt izzah 4 comng out of d pure mouth of SAW, bt salat fatih s great if u realy knw what u r sayn n it.
4 d cloth, check d post of zayhal 2 confirm.
Frm d very start, I knw dt u r nt here 2 blv anythng whether truth o false if it s against ur own whch i blv s izala, so am nt supryz. Tek Tijania d way u feel lyk, nt jzt bid'a tek it anythng, we r nt stoppn istigfar, hailala, jauhara, nd odas because u blv dey r bid'a, as I tel u ur conscnt s nothng 2 our belief, Allah's conscnt s wat we r afta, nd He alon we r doing al these 2.
Bida? u gav a detaild descrption of it nd we blvd, wat i'l say s: anythng initiatd n islam dt hs no orign nd u mek it part of islam s bidah.
Allah shal 4gv me anywhere i med a mistak nd rwd me. Thnx

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by abdurrazaq(m): 8:55am On Jan 07, 2009
Just to point this out: Nawafil are not compulsory as the obligatory solat. So ignoring the nafilat is not a sin, you only lose the benefits when you leave it undone.
I'm yet to read from anyone to excuse Istigifar, Solat ala Nabiy (SAW) and Lailaha ila Allah from Islam. Until then, may Al-Knowing Allah guide us aright cool
Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Ansary(m): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2009
http://sufi.forumup.co.uk/post-516-sufi.html
check this article out, it figured every thing out, with it I thnk am done. Maas salam brodas.
Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Ansary(m): 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2009
http://sufi.forumup.co.uk/post-516-sufi.html
check this article out, it figured every thing out, with it I thnk am done. Maas salam brodas.
Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by babs787(m): 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2009
@Abdulrazaq, Ansary et al

I perused the write up briefly and noticed that it was compiled by one of you. I have lots of text from reliable and trustworthy scholars on the issue here. I also found out that most of your quotes came from the adherents of Tariqa n which they couldnt trace Solatul fathi to any of the companions or hadiths. Based on on what I read there that the prophet said we should praise him in the best way hence your coming up with your own way and if we should do like that then we would be having scores of that and would lead to confusion. Why should we ignore what the prophet said to that of man made and not even from his companions? Let me quickly go through part of the write up. It is very lenghty and I tried reducing so as to be able to respond.

The adherents of Tariqa, especially the Tijjaniyya argued against the above views postulated by the Izalatul Bid’a pointing out that Salatul-Faatihi has two main sources; first it got its origin right inside the prophet’s house through his cousin Aliyu bin Abi Dhalib.

let me have the hadith with the chain of transmission.

Their major reference is the book of Ash-shifaa by Qaadiy Iyyadh, where Aliyu was reported to have taught a female Sahaba (companion) a salat that has the most significant portion of salatul-faatihi (Q. Iyyaad.1985, Vol ii. Pp.70-71). In another book titled Al-qaulul badeeah fis salaati alal Habeebi shafee’u (AL-Sakhawiy, 1963, P:44-45), the author too justifies this position. He quoted the same hadeeth reported by Salamatul Kindiyyi who was first taught the salat by Aliyu bin Abi Dhalib. The author Muhammad bin Abdulrahman bin Muhammad bin Abubakar Al Sakhaawiy Al Shafi’iy (born in Sakhaa, Misra in present day Egypt, in 831 A.H and died in 902 A.H), has proved the source of Salatul Faatihi from the holy prophet (Ibid).

Traced to the holy prophet ke? Can I have the hadith, isnad and where it came from the prophet?

Likewise, in a book titled Afdhalul-salawaat alaa sayyidil saadaat written by Yusufun Nabhaaniy, the different riwaayats (versions) of Salatul Faatihi were explicitly analyzed.

How come versions of Solatul fathi and do we have versios of Solatul Ibrahim?

On page 69 for example, the same version of Salaatul faatihi as recorded in the book of Ash-shifaa’u was also mentioned. Similarly, Imam Al- Jazuliy, (Shazili Tariqa Shaykh) who traced his ancestry to the Prophet Muhammed (SAW) through Imam Hassan Ibn 'Ali Abi Dhalib quoted Salatul-faatihi in his famous work Dalaa’ilul khairaat. Al-qisdalaaniy in his book Al-mawaahibul ladunniyya has also mentioned its significance after stating the two different riwaayaats (versions) of Salaatul faatihi. Al-Sayyid Muhammad bin Hadi bin Hassan bin Abdul-Rahman Al-Saqafy- Al-Hussainy also included it in his mosaic of salawaat and du’a (Supplication) titled An-Nafahaatul Anbiyaa’u fees-Salaati alaa Khairil bariyyati (The Fragrance of Amber in the blessings on the best of creation).

All the above mentioned are tariqa adherents and what do you expect to read from them? How come we are having versions sir?

Salatul Fatihi was mentioned and its source linked to the prophet Muhammad (SAW).

Can I have that please? We should be very careful of what we say. You should know that I am not cofortable with Usman bin Fodio as he happened to be one of you and he claim couldnt be verified.

The second work of Sheikh Uthman bin Fodio that contain the full text of Salatul Fatihi is Dalaa’ilu Sheikh bin Fodio. It appears on page 6, where Sheikh Uthman said one recitation of Salatul Fatihi is equivalent to 700,000 times of any other salat or Zikir.

Hope you are now seeing what Solatul fathi is all about. How did you arrive at the 700,000 times equivalent?

However, Sheikh Sheriff Ibrahim Saleh a prominent Tijjaniyya teacher based in Maiduguri, held a different view from other members of the Tijjaniyya Sufi order on the merit of Salatul Faatihi. In his book title Al-takfir, he quoted a sentence attributed to Sheikh Tijjaniy that is often invoked by the Tijjaniys to clear the Sheikh from the criticisms of his detractors especially the Izala or from certain claims made by other Sufis, which Sheikh Tijjani would not endorse. The statement is[b], “If you hear any statement which I am reported to have made, compare it with the sources of Shari’a, accept what is in line with them and reject what contradicts them” Sheikh Sheriff went further to criticize some publishing houses for attributing certain false statement to the sheikh[/b]:

Does Solatul fathi goes in line with the Shariah?

In Jawahirul Ma’aaniy, (vol. 2 P.135,) similar statement was also attributed to Sheikh Tijjaniy. In Al-Takfeer for example, Sheriff Ibrahim Saleh observed that The above statement deserve thorough analysis, first Sheikh Tijjany is reported to have started reciting salaatul faatihi on the basis of the recommendation made by Sheikh Muhammadul Bakry in the wirdatul wujud. Later he changed to another, which he believed was better. Later on he resumed the recitation of salaatul faatihi following a vision he had with the prophet (S.A.W.) who told him to reverse to Salaatul faatihi, which was better.

Allah knows best shocked shocked. Are you saying that the Prophet said the Solatul fathi is better than Solatul Ibrahim?

However, it is necessary at this juncture to draw attention to the fact that the statements according to which one recitation of Salaatul Faatih is equal to that of the Qur’an or to six recitations of the Qur’an are totally misunderstood. Because they are denied by other statements in the same Jawaahirul ma’aaniy (vol.1 p69), Sheikh Ahmad Tijjaniy said, he who recites the supreme name of Allah gets as a reward, 7000 residences in paradise and in each residence, there will be 7000 times everything that is found on earth (virgins, palaces, rivers e.t.c) He has a reward equal to six thousand recitations of the Salaatul faatihi, he has the reward of Suratul Fatiha and the reward of the recitation of the Qur’an.

May Allah increase our knowledge. How did you arrive at all these brother? Can you get me where it is stated in th hadith that he who recites the name of Allah get as reward of 7,000 and equal to 6,000 recitation of Solatul fathi. Where is Solatul Ibrahim?

In another word Salaatul Faatihi is superior to all other forms of Zikir or tasbih but not to the Holy Qur’an as a word of Allah

Are you saying its superior to Solatul Ibrahim recognised by the holy Prophet (saw)?

Sheikh Usman bin fodio of blessed memory has after enumerating some of the important Salat mentioned the superiority of Salaatul Faatihi over other salats and azkaar in his prominent work titled Dalaa’ilul sheikh usman bin fodiy. He stated that one recitation of Salaatul faatihi is equivalent to 600,000 or 700,000 times of any other Salat other than Salatul Fatihi

Brother, here we come again. How did you arrive (adherent of Tariqa) at the above reward? Could you furnish me the hadith you culled that from?
Are you giving it superiority over Solatul Ibrahim?

I seek your mercy o Allah and not your wrath.

And to some scholars, when the prophet (S.A.W.) cited the example of Salat Al-Ibrahimiyya, he was just trying to bring himself down to the same status with prophet Ibrahim. It does not mean that people should stick to that particular Salaat alone.

Brother, I disagree with that. If the prophet wanted us to be using others, he would have said so and in case you dont know, he tried to avoid praising him than it ought to be which would lead to equating him to Allah or calling him Allah as christians do to Jesus. If the prophet wants, he would have given the condition but the gave the above to foster unity and not what we are seeing today.

Let me stop here to give room for your response.

Maa Salam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Abuzola(m): 4:19am On Nov 12, 2009
La haula wala kuwatta illa billah

'wa kullu bidiatil dolala, wakullu dolalati fin nar' rawawul bukhari wal muslim, in Sahih bukhari and muslim the Prophet said,'every bidia lead to astray and every every astray leds to hell.

Is a pity i won't be opportuned to debate with this fellows who gave credence to solatil fati.

Neither the Prophet nor Ali knew solatil fati, it was ust invented 200 to 300 years back, how can you just play with our intelligence,

excuse me where is ur hadith if u are truthful, you just quoted a Book compiled by one of Tijaniyah and say its a proof, no, produce ur forgery hadith if you are truthful.

Page 12 of jawahirul ma'ani 'Solatil fati is better than hajj and umra combine, you will get a whooping reward for reciting it'

spreading of white cloth, wazifa all this are bidia,'atul dolala. None of the sahabas practice it,

from solatil fati to wazifa shehu tijani said it was God that revealed it to him about it, those who even say Ali was aware of solatil fati, are contradicting the word of tijani in jawahirul ma'ani.

In Religion there are no good bidia, Islam is complete, Quran 5:3 Allah said,'today i have perfected ur religion for you'

any bidia that is done in ibadah is wrong and the Prophet said it will lead you to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Abuzola(m): 4:28am On Nov 12, 2009
Read this hadith

sahih muslim, Book 2, number 480

Abu hurairah reported the Prophet (P.B.U.H)said,'my people will come to me (on the day of judgement) ,,,, A group among you would be prevented from coming to me and i would say O Lord, they are my ummah (nation)', upon this an angel would reply to me saying,'do you know what this people invented after you ?'

islam is complete and perfect, anything add to it that is new to the sahabas is a great risk, a word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Abuzola(m): 4:31am On Nov 12, 2009
Maulud too is bidia.

Brothers and sisters, lets not be in ignorant and die in deception, always ask for proof in hadith or Quran pertaining to ibadah and do not belong to the family of 'Haza ma ra aitu' i saw them doing it thats why i did it. The truth is clearly distinct from err. Masalam

2 Likes

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by alimat2(f): 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2009
One scholar also said that if u are commiting zina with a lady and u hav the intention to marry her u can continue with the zina provided she is the only one u are doing it with and u must also marry her.The message here is that provided u want to marry her continue with the act.
Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Abuzola(m): 12:23am On Nov 14, 2009
Subhanallah

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Abuzola(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2009
Another one: Shiite believe in mutu'a marriage i.e temporary marriage, go have ur zina after it then you divorce her, according to one shiite book which i can't remember the name said that by the time you and the girl start toasting an angel will be giving u reward even before sex

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by MUNEER2(m): 1:37am On Jan 27, 2010
Frizy:

The similarity between those who use Salotu Fati and the white clothing is described in the following Sura:

And when it is said unto them:"Follow that which Allah hath revealed"They say:"Enough for us is that which we found our fathers." What! Even though their fathers were simply unintelligent and had no guidance?
2:170

The prophet during his lifetime never told any of his followers to do this,as time went on, people who God wanted to lead astray possessed knowledge of the Quran but used it wrongly. What any schloar or religious teacher must avoid is adding to what the prophet brought. Some sufis dont even pray thinking they can one day become another Allah, all these absurdities need to be thrown out of the deen and identified as ways of the straying.

I love this post most, sensible and straight.

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 04, 2010
no marriage no sex is what ISLAM preach and not sex before marriage grin

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by abulbanaat(m): 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2010
Maasha Allaah the concluding part of the thread is fascinating; innovations in the Deen have been mercilessly whipped.

Fighting innovations is one of the ways of safeguarding Islam otherwise it would have totally become like other religions.

May Allaah continue to save His religion via those who will fight Shir'k, Bid'ah and Ma'aasi.

Allaahuma Amin.

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by azharuddin: 2:16am On Sep 12, 2010
abulbanaat:

Maasha Allaah the concluding part of the thread is fascinating; innovations in the Deen have been mercilessly whipped.

Fighting innovations is one of the ways of safeguarding Islam otherwise it would have totally become like other religions.

May Allaah continue to save His religion via those who will fight Shir'k, Bid'ah and Ma'aasi.

Allaahuma Amin.

We should never allow bad innovations in our religion, we should not allow cultural traditions to encroach into Islamic practices.
But i ve seen many instances even Sunnah according to Saheeh hadith being rejected by people saying it is Bida'ah just because they have not heard about it. So we have to be very careful too.

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by deols(f): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2010
I once read a book on sufism where it is claimed that the white clothe is laid for the angels who would witness what they do.

They also visit their dead sheikhs' graves. I heard some evn make pilgrimage to cotonou only to pray @ a grave.

What about claiming to go unconscious for days and the use of some anointing water

I pray our people are enlightened enough to desist from these

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Bamma: 12:40am On Aug 03, 2011
I have gone thru the debate on Salatul fatihi and the spreading of white sheet during wazifa. As far as Iam concerned there is serious misconception especially on the part of those that are not in the Dariqa circle. from the forgoing discussion it appears those against Dariqa have made up there minds to disagree with any explanation from the on set.
On whether salatul-Fatihi is more important than salatul Ibrahimiya etc in terms of reward is not the issue. The issue is there are millions of other salatul-Nabi and as Muslims we are expected to recite any on our Prophet (SAW) regardless of the reward. For u'r information The Dariqa people do recite salatul ibrahimiyya and have never discourage anybody from reciting it. If u a from the Izala sect go thru the Tafsir of ibn khathir in the section of salatul-Nabi u will be surprise to see salatul fatihi in it but no Salatul Ibrahimiyya. That does not make it unimportant any way. A muslim is at liberty to recite any salatul-Nabi he believes in and God will reward him.
A Good Muslim is suppose to follow the teaching of the Prophet (SAW) where he says " Min Husni Islamil mar'i tarkuhu ma la ya'a ni" The best thing for a muslim is to stay away from anything that doesn't concern him. If the Dariqa people believes in getting plenty reward for reciting Salatul-fatihi so be it, who said u should criticise them? Salam.

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Bamma: 1:17am On Aug 03, 2011
However as regard to spreading of white cloth in the middle of halqa of wazifa, insiders has given explanations as to why it is done, but those that doesn't belong to Dariqah are giving another different version. Don't u think this is an evidence that u did not participate in the argument to be convinced, rather u are just there to criticise? I am an insider and the explanation given by my brothers above is correct. What people should be asking is what is the position of the white cloth in wazifa? On that I will say it is of no consequence ie whether u put the cloth or not u can still get u'r reward for zikri.
Another important thing one should asking is, what are we doing during wazifa, not white cloth that is not a farillah in wazifa. There are only four things that are involved, Reading some part of the Holy Qur'an, Istingfar Salatul Nabi and Hailala (ie. La ila ha illallah). For God sake tell me if the Prophet(SAW0 did not do any of those or He (SAW) did not instruct us to do.
On this I will still advice us to adopt "Min Husni Islamil Mar'i Tarkuhu Ma la ya'a nihi" Dariqah is never a must on every muslim so do what u know and leave the rest to God to judge.
Any body who wants to ask question on Dariqa should have an open mind pls, it is islam we are working for, so our personal emotions are not important.
Salam.

1 Like

Re: Is Every New Thing A Bidiah In Islam? by Bamma: 1:22am On Aug 03, 2011
I forgot to mention another important thing that God Himself(SWT) is always within where zikri is taking place. Allah (SWT) said "ana jalisu man zakani".
Salam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Port-harcourt Prisoner Renounces Islam, Converts To Christianity / 14 Pictures Muslims Fasting Can Relate To / Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.