Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! (27359 Views)

Alhaja Who Collapsed During Ramadan Fast Rejects Malt Drink Offer / Palm Wine In Islam / A Sufi Story (time And Pomegranate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by akinsmail51: 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
Abu Mihjan was one of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) (may Allaah be
pleased with them).

This Sahaabi was suffering from an addiction to drinking wine. He was brought and flogged, then brought and flogged again, but he knew that this problem did not relieve him of his duty to strive for the cause of Islam.

So he went out with the Muslims to al-Qaadisiyyah as a soldier, seeking martyrdom on the battlefield. In al-Qaadisiyyah he was brought to the commander of the army, Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas, for having drunk wine. Sa’d detained him so that the Muslims ranks would be cleansed of such a person.

This detention was a harsh punishment which caused Abu Mihjan a great deal of anguish. When he heard the sounds of swords and spears, and the neighing of the horses, and he knew that the jihad had begun, and the gates of Paradise were open, he was filled with longing for jihad.

He called to the wife of Sa’d ibn Abi Waaqqas saying, “Let me go and I promise Allaah that if I come back safe and sound, I will put my own feet in the chains, and if I am killed, then you will be rid of me.” She felt sorry for him, so she let him go, and he leapt onto a horse belonging to Sa’d which was called al-Balqa’.

Then he picked up a spear and set off. He did not attack any group of enemy soldier but he scattered them. Sa’d was supervising the battle and he was surprised and said, “This is the running of al-Balqa’, and the style of attack is that of Abu Mihjan, but Abu Mihjan is in chains.”

When the battle was over, Abu Mihjan went back and put his feet in the chains.

The wife of Sa’d told him this wonderful story, so Sa’d admired this man and his care for Islam and his longing for jihad, so he himself went to this wine-drinker, released the chains with his own hands and said, “Get up, for by Allaah I will never flog you for drinking wine again.”

Abu Mihjan said, “By Allaah, I will never drink it again.”

See al-Isaabah fi Tamyeez al- Sahaabah , 4/173-174; al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah , 9/632-633

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by dafeyankee: 9:59am On Apr 13, 2018
I agree.

You guys have converted me to a Muslim just to comment, no problem.

Even in real life, they are always forcing people to convert to Islam.

Now back to this article. This is a strange story. It did not happen in Nigeria,and the names are alien to us Africans, so how is this article relevant to us in Nigeria?

Go and publish this story in Damascus or Cairo.

Here in Nigeria we believe in God,and that Jesus is his son.

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Afobear: 10:04am On Apr 13, 2018
when he heard the sounds of swords and clash of Spears "

Typical Islamic terrorism

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by ussy09(m): 10:06am On Apr 13, 2018
Salaam."Fasbir Sabran Jamila" Patience is one of the most beautiful attributes one can ever have. It makes you listen, forgive, forget, endure, and move on in life. May Allah (SWT) increase our patience and forgive all our sins Ameen, Jumu'at Mubarak.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
I agree.

Now back to this article. This is a strange story. It did not happen in Nigeria,and the names are alien to us Africans, so how is this article relevant to us in Nigeria?

LOL.....

They have converted me too, just to reply your post.....

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by vanshwerz: 10:10am On Apr 13, 2018
akinsmail51:

Abu Mihjan was one of the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) (may Allaah be
pleased with them).

This Sahaabi was suffering from an addiction to drinking wine. He was brought and flogged, then brought and flogged again, but he knew that this problem did not relieve him of his duty to strive for the cause of Islam.

So he went out with the Muslims to al-Qaadisiyyah as a soldier, seeking martyrdom on the battlefield. In al-Qaadisiyyah he was brought to the commander of the army, Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas, for having drunk wine. Sa’d detained him so that the Muslims ranks would be cleansed of such a person.

This detention was a harsh punishment which caused Abu Mihjan a great deal of anguish. When he heard the sounds of swords and spears, and the neighing of the horses, and he knew that the jihad had begun, and the gates of Paradise were open, he was filled with longing for jihad.

He called to the wife of Sa’d ibn Abi Waaqqas saying, “Let me go and I promise Allaah that if I come back safe and sound, I will put my own feet in the chains, and if I am killed, then you will be rid of me.” She felt sorry for him, so she let him go, and he leapt onto a horse belonging to Sa’d which was called al-Balqa’.

Then he picked up a spear and set off. He did not attack any group of enemy soldier but he scattered them. Sa’d was supervising the battle and he was surprised and said, “This is the running of al-Balqa’, and the style of attack is that of Abu Mihjan, but Abu Mihjan is in chains.”

When the battle was over, Abu Mihjan went back and put his feet in the chains.

The wife of Sa’d told him this wonderful story, so Sa’d admired this man and his care for Islam and his longing for jihad, so he himself went to this wine-drinker, released the chains with his own hands and said, “Get up, for by Allaah I will never flog you for drinking wine again.”

Abu Mihjan said, “By Allaah, I will never drink it again.”

See al-Isaabah fi Tamyeez al- Sahaabah , 4/173-174; al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah , 9/632-633

Jazakumullahu khayran brother

9 Likes

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by DKJaleel: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
I agree.

even in real life, you and your folks alike are so condescending.

so it's Jesus and his Yahweh daddy that is not alien to us in Africa abi?

Go and preach Jesus in Israel too na

You sef smell your own level of hypocrisy..

The only religion we know in Africa is our traditional religion

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Pataricatering(f): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
I agree.

Jesus is a Yoruba name ? Canaan is an Igbo town abi ? Abel and Cain are Edo names

20 Likes

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by ollah2: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
I agree.

Can't you hide your bigotry and hypocrisy inside your ass? Are "those guys " se.un that owns NL and makes the rule?

Isn't Jesus supposed to be God and holy spirit, how come he is now the son of God?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by dafeyankee: 10:22am On Apr 13, 2018
Pataricatering:
Jesus is a Yoruba name ? Canaan is an Igbo town abi ? Abel and Cain are Edo names

Fine geh hi.

Your profile says you are a cook. Wetin dey for lunch?

1 Like

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by ollah2: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2018
Afobear:
when he heard the sounds of swords and clash of Spears "

Typical Islamic terrorism

You mean like below Christianity terrorism

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by AbooNihmah: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2018
Maa shaa Allah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Jaqenhghar: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2018
An alcoholic with a thirst for violence..... hmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by olayinkajnr(m): 10:45am On Apr 13, 2018
ollah2:

Can't you hide your bigotry and hypocrisy inside your ass? Are "those guys " se.un that owns NL and makes the rule?

Isn't Jesus supposed to be God and holy spirit, how come he is now the son of God?

Lol. Please ignore him bro. Just like you said, it is hypocrisy.

He claimed he was forced. He saw the declaration on nairaland and used his own hands to click on it. Don't that show that the guy is not well? How can a sane human being use his own hand to do something yet claim that he was forced just because he wants to show the highest level of his bigotry and hypocrisy?

That's the reason why you should have ignored him bro.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by ollah2: 10:49am On Apr 13, 2018
olayinkajnr:

Lol. Please ignore him bro. Just like you said, it is hypocrisy.

He claimed he was forced. He saw the declaration on nairaland and used his own hands to click on it. Don't that show that the guy is not well? How can a sane human being use his own hand to do something yet claim that he was forced just because he wants to show the highest level of his bigotry and hypocrisy?

That's the reason why you should have ignored him bro.

I get your point but the more people like that are ignored the more they continue wallowing in their hypocrisy and bigotry but the viewers should be taught so they don't become one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by olayinkajnr(m): 10:57am On Apr 13, 2018
ollah2:

I get your point but the more people like that are ignored the more they continue wallowing in their hypocrisy and bigotry but the viewers should be taught so they don't become one

My brother, I know people like that, they never snap out of their hypocrisy and bigotry. Talk from today to tomorrow, they will always twist your words to suit their whims.

The viewers should be sensible enough to see hypocrisy. But if they choose to follow, then it means they are no different from those they follow.

I for one have stopped bothering myself about what anyone says about Islam and Muslims, in fact, their hypocrisy and bigotry endears me to the Deen the more. Let them continue.

3 Likes

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Justice629(m): 11:00am On Apr 13, 2018
Mods i mistakenly clicked on the islam acceptance button, please kindly remove me from this group cause from now to eternity Jesus Christ remains my One and only Lord and the King of kings.
He sacrificed is life for my sake and so i will never let go of him for he is the way the truth and life and no one gets to the father/God but only through Jesus Christ

15 Likes

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by mamawin(f): 11:02am On Apr 13, 2018
Pataricatering:
Omoluabi!
Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Alajiki(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
I agree.

In Nigeria, we believe in God and testify that Muhammad, just like Isah (the one you call Jesus) is his servant and messenger. Even where Isah was born his kins (The Jews) do not believe he's son of God. So, your belief is a warped imagination of a deranged man called Paul. Both as said in the quran, you're blind, deaf and dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Alajiki(m): 11:03am On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
I agree.

In Nigeria, we believe in God and testify that Muhammad, just like Isah (the one you call Jesus) is his servant and messenger. Even where Isah was born his kins (The Jews) do not believe he's son of God. So, your belief is a warped imagination of a deranged man called Paul. But as said in the quran, you're blind, deaf and dumb.

1 Like

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Alajiki(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2018
Justice629:
Mods i mistakenly clicked on the islam acceptance button, please kindly remove me from this group cause from now to eternity Jesus Christ remains my One and only Lord and the King of kings.
He sacrificed is life for my sake and so i will never let go of him for he is the way the truth and life and no one gets to the father/God but only through Jesus Christ

Christianity started as a mischief, just as you have displayed here. You "mistakenly" clicked...SMH grin

1 Like

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by anibirelawal(m): 11:12am On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
I agree.

Mr Man, here in Nigeria we have only One GOD, He BEGETS not, nor was He BEGOTTEN.

1 Like

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Emmayong360(m): 11:17am On Apr 13, 2018
Prophet Isa turned water to wine
Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Afobear: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
ollah2:

You mean like below Christianity terrorism
taking the safety measures ? I can legitimately dish you 1gb of Islamic terrorist pics without straining my eyes . BE HUMBLE YOU BOKO ALQUADA HARAMIST

4 Likes

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by ollah2: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
Afobear:
taking the safety measures ? I can legitimately dish you 1gb of Islamic terrorist pics without straining my eyes . BE HUMBLE YOU BOKO ALQUADA HARAMIST

Like below ?

Re: Story Time: I Will Never Drink Wine Again! by Charles478: 12:42pm On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
I agree.

I wanted to like ur comment, but the last line just made me unlike it, hypocrite is who you are.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. / The Pregnant Bride / Sallah: FG Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.