Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man (4358 Views)

Why Every World Map You're Looking At Is wrong / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:30am On Aug 25, 2008
I remember back in Naija,on several ocassions,at least I remember 3 vividly[b] while I was with a date[/b],I would have drinks (Maltina) or some plates of orishirishi brought by the waiter and it would have been bought and paid for by another male in the restaurant with no strings attached.

Did anyone here have similar experiences ?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:31am On Aug 25, 2008
Is this just a cultural thing?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Gamine(f): 12:32am On Aug 25, 2008

You prolly looked VERY hungry undecided
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by SeanT21(f): 12:32am On Aug 25, 2008
That is the stranger way of telling you that HE WANTS YOU!!!
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:33am On Aug 25, 2008
Gamine:

You prolly looked VERY hungry undecided

Osanobua!!
could that be the case?
I was very thin back in those days
chei!
maybe they wanted to feed me
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Gamine(f): 12:34am On Aug 25, 2008
Nailed it. cheesy

Same thing is happening to me in my office tongue tongue tongue

Breakfast in bed chair
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by onyinye2(f): 12:35am On Aug 25, 2008
That happened to me when i went to watch Nigeria vs. Argentina at this Nigerian restaurant. This dude bought us suya and i openly accepted.
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by nana(f): 12:35am On Aug 25, 2008
Queenisha:

Osanobua!!
could that be the case?
I was very thin back in those days
chei!
maybe they wanted to feed me
lol. . . i bet they bought u lots of isi-ewu?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2008
SeanT21:

That is the stranger way of telling you that HE WANTS YOU!!!

Seriously?
I remember one ocassion,I was with a potential suitor and we were eating at Imo hotels in Owerri and a plate of chicken arrived and the waiter pointed at a guy sitting at the bar and I mouthed thank you and never saw him again.My date chopped the chicken with me o
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by onyinye2(f): 12:37am On Aug 25, 2008
Ha ha!!! Queen!!! I bet you both enjoyed eating that meal. grin grin So who supplied the drink?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:39am On Aug 25, 2008
nana:

lol. . . i bet they bought u lots of isi-ewu?

It was actually my isiewu joke on another thread that sparked this memory.
I was with my now husband then date at an isiewu joint and this man bought me a plate and a bottle of Maltina and my man thought nothing of it.
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:41am On Aug 25, 2008
I'll like to know if any girls in Nigeria had similar things happen   

onyinye2:

That happened to me when i went to watch Nigeria vs. Argentina at this Nigerian restaurant. This dude bought us suya and i openly accepted.

It's different if you were just with a bunch of girls.Nigerian men do that a lot and I appreciate it .
Were you with a date?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by KarmaMod(f): 12:42am On Aug 25, 2008
That's enough of a test to tell you that your man is normal osisi and not capable of hacking you into suya pieces out of jealousy/possessiveness

Good thing you married him wink
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by SeanT21(f): 12:44am On Aug 25, 2008
Queenisha:

Seriously?
I remember one ocassion,I was with a potential suitor and we were eating at Imo hotels in Owerri and a plate of chicken arrived and the waiter pointed at a guy sitting at the bar and I mouthed thank you and never saw him again.My date chopped the chicken with me o

Yes. Why else will a stranger buy you food. He is trying to send you a message that he finds you attractive and want to get to know you. did his number come with the chicken?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by onyinye2(f): 12:45am On Aug 25, 2008
Queenisha:

It's different if you were just with a bunch of girls.Nigerian men do that a lot and I appreciate it .
Were you with a date?
Yeah i was on a date. I openly accepted the suya. Because it is expensive so i just chopped it up and licked the stick. j/k j/k
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:45am On Aug 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

That's enough of a test to tell you that your man is normal osisi and not capable of hacking you into suya pieces out of jealousy/possessiveness

Good thing you married him wink

Biko may God hear your plea.
suya pieces shall not be my portion in this land of soddom and Gomorrah grin
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by KarmaMod(f): 12:46am On Aug 25, 2008
onyinye2:

Yeah i was on a date. I openly accepted the suya. Because it is expensive so i just chopped it up and licked the stick. j/k j/k

Your date didnt say anything?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by onyinye2(f): 12:48am On Aug 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

Your date didnt say anything?
Of course he said something. He said "My brotha, i meela." and me and him ate that suya up.
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by KarmaMod(f): 12:49am On Aug 25, 2008
i meela?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:49am On Aug 25, 2008
SeanT21:

Yes. Why else will a stranger buy you food. He is trying to send you a message that he finds you attractive and want to get to know you. did his number come with the chicken?

No this was in the nineties, before cell phones and the man left without saying a word .

onyinye2:

I need a man to respond since this act was not unique to me.
Was the suya just to say hello or did it mean something else
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:50am On Aug 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

i meela?

thank you
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by SeanT21(f): 12:51am On Aug 25, 2008
onyinye2:

Of course he said something. He said "My brotha, i meela." and me and him ate that suya up.

Your boyfriend is different. My man will go straigh ghetto. when we were in high school, He was always mad when I talk with guys even if we were friends. He has not gotten used to it eventhough I have many Guy friends. When they call me, He wants me to talk with them in his presence. Much Ado about Nothing.
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by onyinye2(f): 12:52am On Aug 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

i meela?
Oh LMAO grin it means "thank you" in igbo.

Queenisha:

i guess it was a kind gesture. He was eyeing me throughout the game but i really didn't pay him no mind.
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:52am On Aug 25, 2008
sean,if you say,the man had an ulterior motive,why would he send food to a girl who's obviously on a date with another man?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by SeanT21(f): 12:53am On Aug 25, 2008
Queenisha:

No this was in the nineties, before cell phones and the man left without saying a word .

Poor Guy. He could have easily slipped the phone number under the chicken platter or leave it with the waitress.
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by onyinye2(f): 12:54am On Aug 25, 2008
SeanT21:

Your boyfriend is different. My man will go straigh ghetto. when we were in high school, He was always mad when I talk with guys even if we were friends. He has not gotten used to it eventhough I have many Guy friends. When they call me, He wants me to talk with them in his presence. Much Ado about Nothing.
Naw this guy knew that suya cost ALOT. and to turn it down is pure stupidity. But he was nice enough to buy me, the guy, and himself a drink. So i guess he was cool with it.
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:54am On Aug 25, 2008
onyinye2:

i guess it was a kind gesture. He was eyeing me throughout the game but i really didn't pay him no mind.

I was too engrossed in my isiewu to notice his eyes.
Besides the joint had very dim lights so all I saw was his head LOL
I couldn't even pick the dude out in a line up
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by SeanT21(f): 12:56am On Aug 25, 2008
Queenisha:

I guess he was DARK AS CHARCOAL!!
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by KarmaMod(f): 12:57am On Aug 25, 2008
SeanT21:

Dont read Nursing.
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by Queenisha: 12:57am On Aug 25, 2008
SeanT21:

I guess he was DARK AS CHARCOAL!!

To be hosnest with you I had no clue.
We all looked dark as tar with the dim lights
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by SeanT21(f): 12:58am On Aug 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

Dont read Nursing.

HUH?
Re: A Stranger Buys You Food While You're Out On A Date With Another Man by onyinye2(f): 12:58am On Aug 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

Dont read Nursing.
KARMA!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin I swear i was thinking that!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Queenisha:

Akon Snipes. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afemai Descendants Group / Something I Heard About The People Of Benue State. / The Legend Of The Origin Of The Hausa: Truth Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.