Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

What Could I Do To This Guy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Could I Do To This Guy (869 Views)

Where Could I Find A Free Web Hosting For My Church Website? / How Could I Start An Online Magazine? / How Could I Code The Printing Of Only A Section Of A Web Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could I Do To This Guy by kawotek(m): 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2008
angry angry angry angry
Infact I couldn't believe that this is happening to me, can you imagine somebody from this forum actually duped me tight.
There is a certain time that I posted a job order for a web development work for my site, people actually responded but I like to work with the first person that responded to my call because even before anybody replied at all "this guy" actually responded about 2 - 3 days before any other person. Not suspecting anything I asked for some of the work he has done and projects he has undertook. Well, he showed them to me and we got logged on together. We bargained on the amount of the money he will be collecting and I paid the advance which we also agreed to on schedule, but I was so surprised that "this guy" that this guy is such a dupe because it is over 3 months that we entered into this project and up till today there is no headway as the project is just about 75% complete please advice me on what to do to this guy as I am bent on exposing him soonest with all his identity, making him known to all this forum community like those who are about entering into any deal with him. Please I do not know what to do to this guy yet and I hope some advice would be useful but when next I might be posting on this I might be forced to reveal all his identity.
Re: What Could I Do To This Guy by webpro(m): 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2008
explian what happened in details. did he start the project, did you pay him complete, has he given u any reasons for having not completed the job. pls give details so we will know what we can say
Re: What Could I Do To This Guy by mailerange: 9:10am On Aug 28, 2008
"as the project is just about 75% complete please advice, " I hope I understand what you mean by 75% complete. I understand that the project has been done 75% and it is remaining 25% to complete the project.

I am a webmaster for about 7 years now and have had many bad experience with clients from Nigeria. In 2002 when I started web design, I don't take money from start of the website to almost completion,just to ebale the client have trust for me and that I will not run away with his/her money,in case of next project or any referral from him.
Do you beleive that I always have a big challenge when it comes to the client paying,just because I did it first without asking for advance.Everyday I will keep calling these clients,only fo them to tell me stories.

Now in 2003, when I decided to take advance first before I start the job, getting my balance payment which usually contains the bulky profit is a challenge-Naija wink

Recently I renewed a client's website who has been hosting with me for about 3 years now,I decided not to take any payment first , beleiveing that he will pay without hassel,now each time I call him,he is either driving or in the hospital-stroy story wink
This same cleint when I started him with gave me the challenge of payiing the balance but I didn't get challege subsequently when I ask for full payments.Now I said, for benefit of doubt let me try him again. For th past 3 months-story, stroy.

Another problem I used to have was the client comming up at any time he/she likes to appraise the website for corrections. Most times they use that as yard stick ,that the job is not completed.Ok of the job is not completed then come and proof read and lets conlude the deal, you will not see or hear from them for long period of time, by then I must have seriously engaged myslf with a serious client,

If this Guy has shown you some samples of his job which you just confrimed,and did the job to 75% level then he is genuine.You are the problem.
Re: What Could I Do To This Guy by yawatide(f): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2008
If you have his personal details (name, address, etc) then I think a call to your local EFFC/Police Station are in order. For starters, if you feel you have a case, you could report him to Seun.

Just MHO
Re: What Could I Do To This Guy by jadu: 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2008
firstly, how can u say that there is NO HEADWAY when he has already shown you 75% of the job?
to me, thats more than a headway

Also, i would like to kno, u said u have paid him, did you pay him 100%?

if you expose this dude (whoever he is, i dnt really care), Yes, people will know him, but also people will take note of you as well (as a "Trouble Client"wink, personally, i will not want to work with someone like you from the way you've sounded.

there are two sides of evri coin and all we've heard is your side, but i can see from your post that you arnt sayin evrithin as it is (imagine!! how can after someone shows you 75% of a job yu say he hasnt made any headway , na wa for you o!!!)

Have you tried to ask him what the problem is? people make mistakes and miscalculations so maybe he didnt calculate his time well, or maybe stuff came up, maybe his father died , anythin could have happened!!!!!

Tell us what his reason for the delay is.

I don't think you have the right to embarass a fellow webdeveloper like this , didnt he show you the works he had done before and you must have liked them for yu to have paid him?

I am not supporting his actions o (he is wrong to have given you a false date of completion), but what am sayin is, sort the issue with him personally. DONT EMBARASS ANYONE HERE, WE DIDNT ASK YOU TO PLAY EFCC FOR US.

afterall u wey dey yarn ARE You PERFECT, DONT YU MAKE MISTAKES
Re: What Could I Do To This Guy by kawotek(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2008
Thanks for all your responses, but let me state categorically that I agree and disagree with what you guys have said. I am not a troublesome client and will never be I like to keep my own side of the deal.
Actually when I posted the offer and this guy responded and shows me about 2 or 3 works he has done, I also remembered that he said he did some in conjunction with some other people and some himself. I  believed him and actually he made frantic effort to chat with me and I later called him and we booked appointment to meet at my place and he actually came to my place and he said he will finish the work in the next 3 weeks and after agreeing on a price I gave him his advance about 40%. After about 5 weeks he told me that he needed his balance as he will be concluding and handing over the work to me and in between those periods I have actually tried to see him at his supposed office address that he gave me but he will later said that I should better meet him at one of his clients office that he is always there, but I kept up the faith since about the end of that 3 weeks he uploaded the design of the site without the scripting aspect being done.
In between the 6th week he came to my place again and he handed over the work with so many pages given variable error messages and he actually promised correcting them and said I should give him the balance but on suspecting that if he collected cash he might not do the work I decided that I will give him apostdated check for him to know that I could stop the collection of the money and to ensure that he will be on his tows to correct those errors (even though he promised to correct the errors that night when he got home or the next days) and that is not the end.
In between those periods, he promised helping me to sell e gold worth of $550, in which he only gave me the e gold money of $100 and the remaining is still with him till now. What irked me is that he has collected the money, and the  money that was with him actually belongs to a friend who is now on my neck and each time I call him it is either that I should call him back that he is on the road,in a meeting or somewhere and that I should please call back in the next 1 hour and by then he would have switched off his phone or may never pick the phone. In fact this has been going on now for the past 7-9weeks and if anybody said that I have not been patient enough please let that person put himself in my shoe.
What really pains me more is that I have to give the project to another person and the most painful one is that I will have to refund the remaining $450 to my friend after suffering so much losses from my contact with this guy.
It is really very very painful and pathetic and I intend to send him this thread before I made his details public.
Re: What Could I Do To This Guy by basking4me: 9:01am On Aug 29, 2008
@ Yawatide,

This issue is a Serious one and not one to be Joked with. I undertsand you have very good sense of humour but not at this time when someone's name is about to be rubbed in the mud.

Dear Complainant, like the others have all said except Yawatide, it is necessary to understand the genesis of the problem, take your time, there could be other things involved that you may not be privy to.

He may be having personal problems he's dealing with, his laptop could have been stolen no one knows, he may even be acting from experience that clients dont pay balances when the job is completed, so he probably wants his balance before he gives you your 25% job balance.

ADVICE: Reachout and discuss, am sure there's a way round it than wanting to label him a bad person on a public forum
Re: What Could I Do To This Guy by kawotek(m): 9:09am On Aug 29, 2008
Thanks he has gotten 100% of his money and still having my $450 electronic gold money with him
Re: What Could I Do To This Guy by basking4me: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2008
You mean your $450 Design Job is still with him.

In that case, I'd still want you to seek him out and when all entreaties fail to resolve the matter amicably. then can we expsoe him; I will personally help you in black listing his name.

But lets give him a chance to prove us wrong that he isnt a dupe. There are so many people out there like that, we get angry at them only to later undertstand there were complicacies in their paths.

All the best my friend.

(1) (Reply)

Professional Stock Photos, Where Can I Get Them / Help Us Review / Do I Still Need Smartftp Download Even With Dreamweaver8?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.