Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Is Nysc A Requirement For Seeking Public Office In Nigeria? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is Nysc A Requirement For Seeking Public Office In Nigeria? (1398 Views)

NYSC: A Litmus Test For A Faithful Wife/girlfriend / How Is NYSC In Akwa-ibom State / During NYSC: A Good Professional Course To Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nysc A Requirement For Seeking Public Office In Nigeria? by Reese1: 12:52am On Aug 28, 2008
I've been wondering what the criteria is for Nigerians abroad who would like to run for public office in Nigeria. I think I read something on here before about NYSC being a requirement but I wanted to find out if anyone had any insight. I've been on the Lagos State Govt. website as an example to see if they had any info but got nothing.
Re: Is Nysc A Requirement For Seeking Public Office In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 28, 2008
It's very important you go for that programme even if you studied in the moon.
In some countries, its mandatory you serve in the military and only then will you be deemed fit to take up any post in the government.

Long story short; most small private firms will not even employ you if didn't serve, not to talk of being employed in government.
Re: Is Nysc A Requirement For Seeking Public Office In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2008
nuzo:

It's very important you go for that programme even if you studied in the moon.
In some countries, its mandatory you serve in the military and only then will you be deemed fit to take up any post in the government.

Long story short; most small private firms will not even employ you if didn't serve, not to talk of being employed in government.
spot on.
Re: Is Nysc A Requirement For Seeking Public Office In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2008
Reese1:

I've been wondering what the criteria is for Nigerians abroad who would like to run for public office in Nigeria. I think I read something on here before about NYSC being a requirement but I wanted to find out if anyone had any insight. I've been on the Lagos State Govt. website as an example to see if they had any info but got nothing.

Oh, i just noticed you will like to run for an elective post and not just working as an employee in government.

Common sense makes clear that a Nigerian graduate who has not serve or is not willing to serve is unpatriotic, whether you want to work for the government or in your father's company.
Now, that is my understanding of patriotism and not shouting down on people who criticize the irresponsible government for her vision less policies.
Re: Is Nysc A Requirement For Seeking Public Office In Nigeria? by madamkoko: 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Poster: Yes its a requirement but most people PAY THIER WAY thru it.

Just attend first two weeks of orientation and call it a day. Then get a job at a Bank, thats what most affulent Nigerians do.
Re: Is Nysc A Requirement For Seeking Public Office In Nigeria? by morpheus24: 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

@ Poster: Yes its a requirement but most people PAY THIER WAY through it.

Just attend first two weeks of orientation and call it a day. Then get a job at a Bank, thats what most affulent Nigerians do.

I second that suggestion. Don't waste your time with that shit. A way of using labor for free. There are other ways you can serve communities in nigeria. That law should be amended in this day an age.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc, Jamb, Nuc, Nbte And Institution, How Far? / This Is Nigeria(photo) / Requirements For Registration/ Mobilization Of Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.