Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google (8752 Views)

Promote Nigeria To The World By Showing Our Tourist Sites/potential And Culture / Similar Words Between Hausa/yoruba Languages And That Of Igbo/idoma / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by Seun(m): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2005
Yes, we now have Google.com in Yoruba, but we still have a long way to go to get Yoruba versions of the other Google services, such as GMail and Orkut. In addition to that, progress with the Hausa translation of Google hasn't gone far. The image below shows the status of the Hausa and Yoruba language translation efforts:

If you are interested in helping Google, please visit the Google In Your Language Project Page:
https://services.google.com/tc/Welcome.html

And sign up with your google account. Please be warned that once you mark the languages you want to help them with, you will not be able to change your choice later on, so please mark Hausa and Yoruba, so that you'll at least be able to follow the progress of the translation of both languages.

And will someone go and tell Google that Ibo is also one of the major Nigerian languages?
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by obong(m): 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2005
i contacted them to do Ibibio but they said they can't support any more languages at this point. I also don't buy into the idea of "major/minor" languages. They are all just as significant in my opinion.
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by Seun(m): 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2005
Interesting. For all it's worth, we should help them with Hausa and Yoruba at least, which they seem to support.
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by obong(m): 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2005
I agree, but i dont speak either of the languages. Yoruba is 100 percent complete though and i'm sure hausa will be next
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by Seun(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2005
Yoruba is not 100% complete, actually. The translation of the search engine is complete, but other services like Gmail and Google Groups are yet to be fully translated to Yoruba. And what about Hausa? We have a lot of Hausa speakers on this forum, right?
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by obong(m): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2005
Any hausa speakers here?

Doesnt seem like it. Anyhow, i'm going to check gmail and the rest. i didnt know they were looking to have those translated as well
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by romeo(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2005
it's unfortunate that igbo language is not a major language and can not be supported...is igbo language a major language again ?
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by kazey(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2005
I speak hausa fluently and I can write perfectly too. But google must pay . yeye peoplesmiley
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by hotangel2(f): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2005
if it was voice hausa. i'd help. Writing hausa? Nuh uh... I dont wanna put people in trouble with my translations.
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by Seun(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2005
ANybody interested in further translation work?
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by babagana(m): 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2006
yes I am but do not have a Gmail.
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by ccolson: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2006
does anyone know what AFURUM GI NA ANYA means. If so i would love to know. Thanks.
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by Tikko(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2006
Why changing the topic? lipsrsealed
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by InIEMPRESS: 3:51am On May 26, 2006
GREETINGS! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SAY "MY OWN HUSBAND"? I KNOW "MUNYEMO" MEANS "MY OWN WIFE". I NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE. THANKS!! cheesy
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by denobleman(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2006
@ Seum
Yes I am interested in translational work.Feel free to give send the information to the email address below:
denobleman@fastermail.com
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by iybabe(f): 10:35am On Jun 02, 2006
Iam interested-na free or with bonus?l
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by instinct(m): 7:42am On Jun 14, 2006
seun how u dey? i must commend u for the great job u are doin out here. i am interested in translational job ( Hausa and Yoruba). send me the full combo neoinstinct01@gmail.com
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by edygirl(f): 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2006
@ccolson,
Afurum gi na anya means I LOVE YOU

MY WIFE is NWUNYE M and NOT MUNYEMO
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by lukkie(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2006
i believe google should pay cos its good business for them, more traffic. soon u'll start seeing ads for chewin sticks, kolanuts, "aso ebi", preserved "moin-moin" leaves etc on google. i dont mind some google shares if i translate for them. SEUN whats d "further translation" u talked about? is it local or foreign languages? lets know pls. am interested.
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by ashley8: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2007
Hi I was wondering if someone could help me speak Nigerian language. I really want to learn it because I plan on moving to Nigeria. But in like 15 years or so. Or like 20 years. So please someone help me. Thanks bye. embarassed lipsrsealed smiley shocked kiss smiley
Re: Promote Nigeria: Translate Hausa & Yoruba for Google by botality: 12:15am On Jan 03, 2010
ashley8:

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me speak Nigerian language. I really want to learn it because I plan on moving to Nigeria. But in like 15 years or so. Or like 20 years. So please someone help me. Thanks bye. embarassed lipsrsealed smiley shocked kiss smiley

I Could help you out if you dont mind? Adebayo

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Communities Worship Giant Pythons As Their Gods. PHOTOS / Stop Oro Festival, Ikorodu Residents Cry / Ramadan Mubarak Wishes And Messages 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.