Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign (1558 Views)

Coreldraw Vs Indesign(suggestions Pls) / Adobe Indesign / I Want To Buy Tutorials On Adobe Illustrator And Indesign. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign by ajibawealt(m): 11:03am On Aug 29, 2008
Page planners in the house this is 4 u. For those that have changed to Indesign could you share some learning materials pls? And for those of us trying to upgrade to Indesign from Pagemaker, what's the experience like?
Re: Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign by alexxie(m): 11:43am On Aug 29, 2008
am alexander ayeni by name, graphic designer by profession
concernin ur question, there a lot of diffrences between Indesign & Pagemaker but i wil only mention 1 or 2 point (s)
Indesign is a combination of Coreldraw & Pagemaker which makes it 2 in 1 program
for instancce: you can edit ur photoshop designs on Indesign by clickin (edit original) & it now takes you to photoshop, you make your adjustments,
u dnt need to merge your layers just save it, & mov to your indesign and the file will automatically appear on the page

(2) you can place your object inside any shape like: Circle, Octagon, Rectange etc. on Indesign by drawing the shape, select it and go to File menu and click Place or Press CTRL+D on your keyboard
and click on the shape.
(3) You can control your text frame on Indesign by clickin on the frame with a PEN TOOL it will make a tiny point there and hold down your CTRL KEY and move that point or if u want to make it stylish just press SHIFT C the cursor will change to something like triangle then drag the point.

So you can go ahead and try the clues out and feel free to reach me on my tel. no. 08022899735.

Have a good day, dear friend
Re: Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign by ajibawealt(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
Thanks Alex. I quite appreciate your imput, but what I'm asking for from pro like you is learning resources for beginners in Indesign and not tutorials. Or better still can we meet online? I'd already sent u a message thru yahoo messenger.
Re: Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign by uspry1(f): 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2008
I love InDesign even better than Adobe Acrobat. It can interoperatability with all Adobe products: Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop as well as all Microsoft products: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (with special plugins).

I can create my own magazine layout, newsletter layout, newspaper layout and even web page layout using InDesign software much easier.

I also create business proposal layout and business letterhead layout graphically using InDesign too!

I recommend for PageMaker users like you to buy book "Migration from PageMaker to InDesign" learning all helpful tools transition smoothly! No problem!
Re: Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign by ajibawealt(m): 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2008
thanks, but the issue here is that we can't get to buy those books here in Nigeria and again most of the online stores do not ship to Nigeria as well.

Any online learning resources?
Re: Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign by uspry1(f): 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2008
Use google.com typing up word exactly: "Adobe InDesign tutorial", you will find many search results that is what you look for.

My recommendation at below:

Adobe InDesign Tutorials:

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/indesigntutorials/Adobe_InDesign_Tutorials.htm

http://www.design.iastate.edu/LABS/tutorials/indesign/homepage.html

Free Adobe InDesign CS2 Video Tutorial:
http://www.video-tutes.com/packages/INDesign1.php

Have fun learning your new rope on Adobe InDesign! grin
Re: Need Help In Upgrading To Indesign by smartsoft(m): 8:52pm On Aug 31, 2008
well InDesign good but how many of them here in nigeria will like to have file printed out from Indesign? Indesign also is a layout program, very good in creating Magazines and anything with Layout, Just like Quark Express,

@you, there no other way of learning software, than to open it and expliot everything it, i'm telling you the truth.

(1) (Reply)

How To Extract Audio From Dvd For Your Mp3 Player / Free Video Tutorial Any Software: (flash Actionscript C++) / My Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.