Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders (2090 Views)

Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? / Canada Vs America Or Uk / Travel To America Or Die Trying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by babadave: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2008
Nairalanders,

i need your advice on which country to apply to.I have 3 visas on my passport namely Russia and 2 Germany visa and i went to Russia and Germany.On my visit to Germany.I met a 46 years old American and she wants me to come for a visit to her home.Can you advice me on what documents she needs to send to me so i can apply for the visa because she has a company over there in America and i would like to know if i stand a chance at the American embassy.which section of the embassy can i apply to , is it Abuja or Lagos

OR

i would like to know if i stand a chance of getting a visa if i can get a conference coming up in America and apply with my travelling experience to Russia and Germany cos i am a final year student in one of the Nigerian University,

OR

Do i stand a chance of getting a canadian visa if i can get a conference programme coming up over there, Pls get back to me, Thank you.
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by blackspade(m): 4:55am On Aug 30, 2008
In Canada they have universal healthcare, and schools are better. If you get sick in Canada, you get the best treatment for almost free. But, it's more expensive to live there than the USA. In America healthcare and schools aren't as good, but it's cheaper and easier to live here if you're a newcomer.

I suggest America, I've been here for almost 2 years, and they basically pay for everything right now. I have a federal education grant, where they pay for my education, and they pay for my living conditions, and they give me a check for living expenses. cool You might be able to get the same thing in Canada though.
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by babadave: 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2008
thanks very much for the reply blackspade, Please can you put me through on which of the 2 countries i can have upper edge of getting there visa.i mean United States or Canada cos i will have to appear at the United States embassy while i dont need to appear at the Canada embassy, Please which country can i apply to.with my status
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by Ezinwannem: 5:44am On Aug 31, 2008
@blackspade, new comers in Canada r better off dan the ones in the US,
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by blackspade(m): 7:20am On Aug 31, 2008
thanks very much for the reply blackspade, Please can you put me through on which of the 2 countries i can have upper edge of getting there visa.i mean United States or Canada because i will have to appear at the United States embassy while i don't need to appear at the Canada embassy, Please which country can i apply to.with my status
Your best bet is most likely Canada.
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by SeanT21(f): 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2008
blackspade:

In Canada they have universal healthcare, and schools are better. If you get sick in Canada, you get the best treatment for almost free. But, it's more expensive to live there than the USA. In America healthcare and schools aren't as good, but it's cheaper and easier to live here if you're a newcomer.

I suggest America, I've been here for almost 2 years, and they basically pay for everything right now. I have a federal education grant, where they pay for my education, and they pay for my living conditions, and they give me a check for living expenses. cool You might be able to get the same thing in Canada though.

How do you get all those benefits?
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by blackspade(m): 8:00am On Sep 01, 2008
Lets just say I "planned well" before getting here. cool
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by Tats(m): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2008
I would say that you probably have a much higher chance of getting the US visa than the Canadian visa. The Canadians have gone haywire and do not even see any previous travels you have made as a significant reason to give you a visa. They are simply difficult and rigid.

It seems like you are going on a tourist visit to the US and the other option is the conference. you really need to convince them that you are not going to stay back in the US, as by Law on application, you are automatically deemed to be an intending immigrant! If it is for a conference, it really needs to be something that will add value to you and your future and you will have explanations to do to the Visa officer. You would need to be truthful to them as they have seen a lot of tactical attempts to get visas and are greatly experienced.
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by babadave: 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
Thank you very much for all your replies, One luv
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by Firefire(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2008
Abdul,
are you online.
Pls check your mail and respond to my question
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by Firefire(m): 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2008
I have just been refused Neitherland Visa.
Thou the reason is not yet known to me, I was informed on mail. Am arranging to go and get my Packages back.
I already have UK Visa for 6 Months.
I will be travelling on the 6th of October 2008 to UK I want to use the opportunity
to visit many country on this trip.
What advise did you have to support me on any other country or countries I can visit as I journey to
London for just 3 weeks.
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by experts: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2008
well i will advice u to apply to the united state embassy and turkey. u have clear chance of gettng ur visa in this two countries.

Thanks
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by ijeoma2619: 4:24am On Sep 08, 2008
@ blackspade can u please give me a little more information as to how you got those benefits i applied for financial aid and they declined me!
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by tRoOE(f): 4:40am On Sep 08, 2008
SeanT21:

[size=13pt]I was about to ask the same question undecided
Maybe his on welfare or something
[/size]
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by Pataki: 9:42am On Sep 08, 2008
experts:

well i will advice u to apply to the united state embassy and turkey. u have clear chance of gettng your visa in this two countries.

Thanks
Orisirisi.

Visa to Turkey?
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by beecrofty(m): 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2008
Do i need a visa if i want to visit Turkey with my pregnant(5months) fiance?
Re: America Or Canada: Please I Need Your Advice Nairalanders by experts: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2008
yes u need visa to turkey.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Get A Dubai Visa In 24hours / She's Coming To Take Him Overseas.. / Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.