Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Paying For Soup At Fast Food Resturant - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paying For Soup At Fast Food Resturant (995 Views)

My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / How Do I Make Vegetable Soup At A Go For Semo I Need To Serve A Guest / Why Do We Pay For Takeaway Packs At Fast Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Paying For Soup At Fast Food Resturant by constantk: 9:58am On Sep 02, 2008
Hello All,

Please don't see this as trivial or some other person's business. I wish to provoke your thought on the attitude of some of our fast food resturant and the way they exploit the consumers because as a nation we don't have consumer protection agencies.

Everytime i have to eat okele i.e solid food at our fast food resturant, i guess you know them all by name, i often times part with the same amount i use to buy the Pounded Yam, Eba or Semo on the soup. A scoup of Egusi or Vegetable goes for N150 to N280 in some of these resturants and i think it is unfair to treat the people in such a manner.

Ofcourse the people who are selling should know that if i buy such food i will definitely need the soup to eat it but no they have decided in their infinite wisdom to exploit us through this means. If the soup is sold in UK or USA we will understand but in naija haba, is the economy that bad.

Guy let me know your mind as i have decided to lay this issue to rest. I will make up my mind whether to continue eating there or not. I know quite well that if i stop eating there so many thousands of people will continue to eat there.

I have spoken my mind.
Re: Paying For Soup At Fast Food Resturant by MrCrackles(m): 10:03am On Sep 02, 2008
i agree with you

there should be a flat charge for a plate of OKELE with any choice of soup! grin
Re: Paying For Soup At Fast Food Resturant by constantk: 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2008
I guess you guys are okay paying. Note that its not a matter of not having enough money to pay for these things but i just felt its wrong atleast in the African setting nonetheless the ingredient and all are bought but people have been in this business before and they made it big in their own category without selling soup.

Keep on enjoying your meal them.

enjoy

(1) (Reply)

Honestly,why Do We Guys Luv Eating Bread And Beans / Share Of Fresh Meat,fish &foodstuffs Between Group Of People Weekly. / Oven Baked Chin Chin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.