Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,528 members, 7,837,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Nigerian, Du We Really Have A Culture/tradition? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian, Du We Really Have A Culture/tradition? (944 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / Yoruba Leaders Warn Against Extinction Of Yoruba Culture, Tradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian, Du We Really Have A Culture/tradition? by actoor(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
Nigerian, Du we really have a Culture/Tradition? cheesy

-If yes, Wat is our culture/tradition like?
-Who are the founding Father of our culture?
-In what method has our culture positively affect our prospect?
-Whats are the pride of our culture?
-Can we make progress with our culture?

If we truly have a so cal Culture, why do most Nigerian believes in Overseas be archiving our Goals?
Re: Nigerian, Du We Really Have A Culture/tradition? by ssRhino: 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
Yes, we do have a culture, however, some of the culture gotta go and some to be modified and some to continue.
Founding father, i have no idea, but i know it has been from generation to generation, like My father thought me what his father thought him.
The idea of calling everyone Daddy apart from ur own father, i thik gotta be scrapped
The idea of husband's family just talking to the woman anyhow, gotta go, it is insane.
It has helped me to show more respect not only to the elders but to fellow human, makes "do unto others what you wanna be done to" have more meaning to me
Re: Nigerian, Du We Really Have A Culture/tradition? by actoor(m): 11:42am On Sep 03, 2008
Nice respond.
But i still don't believe that, there is anything like Culture because, av lost so many things in the proses of following the rules of culture.
Now, i follow my mindset & try to follow peace with all Men/Women.
Re: Nigerian, Du We Really Have A Culture/tradition? by ssRhino: 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2008
Following peace with all men is great and we all do that.

(1) (Reply)

The Keep It Real Thread / Oil Portrait Painting On Canvas Of Asiwaju Of Lagos (bola Tinubu & Wife) / We’re Taller In The Morning Than Evening - True Of False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.