Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,563 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? (10345 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
Which Nigerian artist do you think has more potentials of winning a grammy?
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by benboa(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2008
Daddy Showkey or Baba Fryo
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Blackcat(f): 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2008
Tu face won one already during the MTV awards.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by alakem(f): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2008
i tink baba fryo will do
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by shilling(f): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2008
Asa. She's so very unique
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by wilfred84(m): 10:43am On Sep 05, 2008
sorry none of them can win it
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by spikedcylinder: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
Blackcat:

Tu face won one already during the MTV awards.

That wasnt a grammy.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Abbygyal(f): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2008
spikedcylinder:

That wasnt a grammy.
yh
tu baba anf d'banj won mtv awards but its nt grammy
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by dreeldee: 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2008
Shina Rambo or KWAM1 cool
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by follypimpi(m): 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2008
lagbaja,fela if he was still alive,asha,9ice
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by keba(m): 10:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
D'banj, Asa
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by AKO1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2008
ASa.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by flyKUDE(m): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2008
asa of course, the only real musician in 9ja!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by software(m): 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2008
ME or no other person grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Nigeria10: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2008
asa or infinity or buique
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by phynix: 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2008
i think maybe Dbanj or 9ce
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by kadman(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2008
ASA !!! That's the only ARTISTE in Nigeria anyway
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by AKO1(m): 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2008
Nawa for those of you suggesting gospel artistes.

I have nothing against them but lets face reality: There are only 4 or 5 gospel categories in the grammys.

And as saturated as the gospel music industry is in America, you think it is infinity that they will give? Youre joking.

My 2 cents. . .
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by skfa1: 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2008
All of us can win grammy grin cool
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by tonyxxx(m): 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2008
most definately asa for now & maybe d'banj or, me
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by xheggs(m): 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2008
skfa1:

All of us can win grammy  grin   cool

as far as i am concerned, presently none can win it.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by idupaul: 10:56pm On Sep 05, 2008
MI fit try sha
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by reindeer: 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
ASA! simply fantastic.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by chamotex(m): 12:18am On Sep 06, 2008
Lagbaja or Father u-turn grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Suntemi(m): 1:45am On Sep 06, 2008
chamotex:

Lagbaja or Father u-turn grin grin grin

Very funny
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by bettes(f): 2:04am On Sep 06, 2008
PASUMA WONDER or ADEDUNLE FUJI grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by damola1: 2:14am On Sep 06, 2008
aSA is trying, but you can't beat the playa at da game, unless you can really play well like wole soyinka, her style is good, unique, but still can't match up to carefully drafted songs from players abroad.

For anyone to win it at all, from 9ja, it's to be got originality, no photocopies, no too much grammar.

So far, I only know of Femi Kuti being honoured with a nomination for fight to win.

For me, one artiste is getting really there, especially with his int'l collabo, and that's 2 baba!!! no lele!!!,

I look forward to his next album, where I understand he did a collabo with r.kelly,

Next, will be the koko master, he's simply too strong, too fast, he might just over take 2 baba,

Besides this two, I doubt anyone else, but even if they are going to get there, they must keep up with the momentum, and really, both of them got MOMENTUM!!!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by ima1(f): 2:25am On Sep 06, 2008
I say lagbaja should be up there
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by rikkyjen(m): 2:37am On Sep 06, 2008
Sunny Ade and Femi kuti are the only indigenous Nigerians to have been nominated for the Grammy's

However, i recall an old Nigerian drummer (he's not based in Naija) but all he does is make music with his drum. . He won a grammy, he's got this Yoruba name i can't recall.

i think he's the whole Nigerian person to have won a grammy.

Pls no one should list SEAL, cos he can't be regarded as a full blown Nigerian. he's an Osanle! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by TheSly: 2:45am On Sep 06, 2008
rikkyjen:

Sunny Ade and Femi kuti are the only indigenous Nigerians to have been nominated for the Grammy's

However, i recall an old Nigerian drummer (he's not based in Naija) but all he does is make music with his drum. . He won a grammy, he's got this Yoruba name i can't recall.

i think he's the whole Nigerian person to have won a grammy

Please no one should list SEAL, because he can't be regarded as a full blown Nigerian. he's an Osanle! grin grin grin grin
And you want us to believe that? cheesy
Maybe you are talking about Micheal Oladapo Jackson. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 06, 2008
NAYO, African Girl,
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 06, 2008
NAYO again, "Mr so and so"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos / Bracket's Video Shoot for "Temperature" (Pictures) / Download Free Emotional Gospel Instrumental (by IJ Beats)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.