Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

New Yoruba Radio Station - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / New Yoruba Radio Station (2071 Views)

What Is Your Favourite Radio Station And Why? / Listen To Yoruba Radio / Listen to Yoruba Radio online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Yoruba Radio Station by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 01, 2006
http://www.abeokuta.org shocked

New Station For Yorubas smiley
Re: New Yoruba Radio Station by omogenaija(f): 8:17pm On Jul 01, 2006
abeokuta.org has been out 4 years , it isnt new

but the website use to be better, it has gotten worst, but now @ least ppl who dont know now know
Re: New Yoruba Radio Station by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2006
:p
Re: New Yoruba Radio Station by Sabere: 1:37am On Jul 11, 2006
omogenaija:

abeokuta.org has been out 4 years , it isnt new

but the website use to be better, it has gotten worst, but now @ least people who don't know now know

I am so sorry that you feel the website has become worse; actually I work on the Radio Abeokuta website. The irony is that more money has been spent on the website this year, than in all the previous years of its existence.

I'm guessing the reason for your perception that things have become worse is because automatic listener request facility became unavailable on Radio Abeokuta's main audio channel in January? To clarify, this was done in compliance with licensing requirements. Although Radio Abeokuta has always paid licensing and royalty fees via Live 365, it was decided that Radio Abeokuta should apply for its own individual statutory license at the end of 2005. Accordingly Radio Abeokuta applied for an official Statutory license to webcast music on the internet. Radio Abeokuta was registered by the Copyright Office in January and it was granted it's own Statutory license later that month. This new license includes a number of restrictions and requirements which includes the payment of higher Royalty fees and the removal of automatic listener requests from Radio Abeokuta's old main audio channel.

However to compensate Radio Abeokuta listeners, a new CD quality audio channel was introduced in January and in March, a new Christian audio channel with automatic listener requests was also introduced.  Accordingly, this year 2006, Radio Abeokuta now has 6 audio channels or stations as opposed to 5 last year. Radio Abeokuta has also been added to the exclusive iTunes Radio tuner which makes easier for listeners tuning in with Apple Mac computers to listen to Yoruba music on iTunes. There was also a requirement to address the duplicative Windows Media audio stream of Radio Abeokuta's old audio channel, that has been done and a detailed Workaround for Windows Media listeners was published in February. Also for the convenience of listeners tuning into Radio Abeokuta’s Yoruba Cuban/Brazilian channel from Latin American countries, we have also introduced a Spanish language webpage on Radio Abeokuta’s website. Similarly, we are currently developing a Yoruba/English Translation webpage

Finally, Radio Abeokuta has been spending a lot of money and resources this year on the production of original Yoruba drama, both in the form of the old fashioned "Atoka" photoplay format and also in the regular DV professional video format.  These original Yoruba video drama projects produced by Radio Abeokuta are available for viewing on the website. It is our belief that video production is the most effective way to achieve Radio Abeokuta's objective of promoting Yoruba culture, especially to those who are not familiar with it. Coincidentally, Radio Abeokuta was cited in a Wall Street Journal article earlier in the year, in connection with its Yoruba video work. Currently, we are in the post-production stage of our video documentary on Yoruba culture, which will be released later this year.

Thanks!
Re: New Yoruba Radio Station by Greatpeter(m): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2006
Why is the station not working then?
Something is wrong.
Re: New Yoruba Radio Station by Sabere: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2006
Actually all the 6 individual audio channels of Radio Abeokuta are working, infact there are listeners currently tuned in, listening to them, as I write. However I do apologize, if you have had any difficulty listening to any of our audio channels or watching any of our Yoruba video drama streams.

If you send me a PM, I would be more than happy to assist you, with any difficulty you may be experiencing while tuning in, there are various links on the homepage of Radio Abeokuta's website that enables listeners to tune in to listen to the audio channels, the most prominent one is the Orange button near the top of the webpage that says "Listen".

Two of Radio Abeokuta's audio channels were recently selected as Editor's Picks on Live 365, the world largest internet radio network, so I can assure you that Radio Abeokuta is definitely up and running.

Thank you for your feedback.

(1) (Reply)

3LW. / Breaking News: Kanye West Tweets At Don Jazzy & D’banj [photo] / [Mp3 Download] Rudy Omoibile Ft. Sanwo Olu - Igbega Eko 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.