Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Shopping On Ebay - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shopping On Ebay (1545 Views)

My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! / HELP With Shopping On Aliexpress.com!!!! / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shopping On Ebay by danielorde(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2006
Hello fellows

How safe is it to shop on ebay, especially in the UK. I dey naija but I wanna order some fairly used Cisco Boxes and servers from there to set up a Lab, but I cannot afford to get defrauded of my little Naira notes. The plan though is to ship to someone in the UK who will frieght to Nigeria for me.
Re: Shopping On Ebay by diddy4(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2006
i have actually wondered about that. in as much as i wann@ open an account with them, i just get scared of this online theft and stuff. but some of my friends that have an account with them said it is as safe as can be. they said i dont have to worry about nothing.

i hope someone else will come and shine more light on this issue.
Re: Shopping On Ebay by IAH(f): 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2006
I buy and sell on Ebay. I don't know about if you are in Nigeria, but if you are in UK/US, it's safe and easy. You should just check the seller's feedback rating to see his past sales etc. On Ebay, I would say buying is even safer than selling.
Re: Shopping On Ebay by diddy4(m): 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2006
@iah
im gon need your help a lil. can u hit me up on yahoo since u aint got your id on your profile?
Re: Shopping On Ebay by IAH(f): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2006
Ok, but you are not online in Yahoo.
Re: Shopping On Ebay by diddy4(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2006
i just logged in. add me then u will see me online.
Re: Shopping On Ebay by OldGlory1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2006
Daniel

You can be sure that Ebay is safe. I buy and have sold vehicles on Ebay and it works.Sit in the comfort of your home or Office and make big deals. Their charges suck though, but i guess you have to pay for safety.
Re: Shopping On Ebay by deal4real: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2006
I have been doing business on  Ebay for years and it works out very well. The problem is that many sellers on Ebay (at least here in The Netherlands) don't want to do business with Nigerians (in Nigeria). And quess why,  My advise: if you know a (reliable) person in US/UK with an ebay account, let him purchase it for you. But you can also wait till october 1st 2006, because than Nigeria (and Nigerians in diaspora) will have their own kind of Ebay: www.2deal4real.com. Stay tuned! wink
Re: Shopping On Ebay by hajifish(m): 3:04am On Jul 04, 2006
You can buy On Ebay Only if u mail the seller and asked for any orther form of Payment if he does Accept egold then You can buy with egold. but My advise is to know who You are dealing with On ebay because Many Believe nigerians are Only The scammers on internet but i bet there lot of sellers on ebay when u send Money you dont see any goods i know ebay is doing everything to get them out of ebay well before you can buy on ebay u need to be a registered Member and You need Credit Card for This You can Just Purchase Virtual Credit Card from Any Marchant Online or go to www.grahpcard.com is own by Nigerian in US i have been Using them for every transaction Online and they have resellers in Nigeria just get to their Website.to get more informations.
Re: Shopping On Ebay by smartsoft(m): 4:18am On Jul 04, 2006
And i bursted into Laughter cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shopping On Ebay by Hotstepper(f): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2006
itz soo funny when you go on ebay and the seller says I WILL NOT SHIP TO NIGERIA. There was one I saw that said, I DO NOT SHIP TO AFRICA ESPECIALLY TO NIGERIA EVEN IF YOU OFFER TO PAY 1 MILLION DOLLARS, I see alot of this on ebay
Re: Shopping On Ebay by diddy4(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2006
is dat how bad our country is huh? kai, we don see ooo. this is really bad. we are now dreaded like we got some kindd@ disease. damn.
Re: Shopping On Ebay by Hotstepper(f): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2006
ma broda calls it an EPIDEMIC, lol
Re: Shopping On Ebay by diddy4(m): 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2006
lol, lmao. funny.

(1) (Reply)

400 Businesses [ Factories ] You Can Do In Nigeria / NextHome Builders / Voguepay Vs Simplepay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.