Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) (5764 Views)

Poll: Which country will win the match?

Nigeria: 64% (11 votes)
South Africa: 5% (1 vote)
Draw: 29% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Nigerians Struggling For Super Eagles Vs South Africa match Tickets (Photos) / AWC 2012 Semi-Final: Nigeria Vs South Africa (0 - 1) On Wed November-7-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by chrischima(m): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
WE WILL SCORE ANOTHER GOAL B/4 THE MATCH ENDS, tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by superstan(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2008
yommys01:

Thank God for mother luck and Goalkeeper and South Africans themselves, if not we would have conceded up to 4 goals

the south africans were all over nigeria before uche scored.

dele ayenugba should be the man of the match.

saves after saves after saves. i hope wenger is watching this game.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by McKren(m): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2008
What may have won this match for us is history

Our boys no play anything
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by superstan(m): 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2008
we won this match because of dele ayenugba.

he has given a 5 star performance today.

ayenugba made another daring save just now, although benni mccarthy was offside(but what a save).

bwahahahahahahahaha south african fans are leaving the stadium. their national pride has been dealt a massive blow.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by yommys01(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2008
Over now. tesyes why do you have to tell me shut up when I am just saying my mind.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by amigoes(m): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2008
its all over RSA 0 :NIG 1
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by chrischima(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2008
“Nigeria must not think they can come here and go home with a smile on their faces. We will make sure they are not smiling after Saturday,” the former Porto told Despatch online on Thursday.

WHO IS CRYING NOW SOUTH AFRICA OR NIGERIA tongue tongue tongue tongue cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by superstan(m): 4:04pm On Sep 06, 2008
McKren:

What may have won this match for us is history

Our boys no play anything

you can say that again.

we couldn't even keep the ball in the dying minutes of the game.

nigerian players were still lumping balls forward aimlessly to tired strikers thus giving the ball back to the south africans.

the referee was reluctant to blow the final whistle, he played 5 mins when he should have stopped at 4.

south africa had a late corner and nigerian defenders were ball watching instead of closing down.

there's so much work to do on that team.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by globalaid(m): 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2008
good job super
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by nyabinghi(m): 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2008
South africa now out of nations cup. What a shame for a former power house of soccer. Nigeria beware the real qualifiers ain't started yet. Prepare cos time is so serious.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Jairzinho(m): 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2008
I beg we try.

Take a look at the table on FIFA website(11 points clear),

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/teams/team=43876/index.html

whether we wobble or fumble is secondary,we got the result QED.

Congrats again ,nigerians . At least there's ONE thing to cheer about our country !
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by yommys01(m): 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2008
They are not yet out. They still have a mathematical advantage.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Jarus(m): 4:27pm On Sep 06, 2008
chrischima:

“Nigeria must not think they can come here and go home with a smile on their faces. We will make sure they are not smiling after Saturday,” the former Porto told Despatch online on Thursday.

WHO IS CRYING NOW SOUTH AFRICA OR NIGERIA tongue tongue tongue tongue cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Sorry, dear SA, you have always been Eagles' wives. cry

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by SamMilla1(m): 4:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
Congrats to Eagles.

South Africa has never scored a goal against Nigeria in any tournament or major competition
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by adamsy07: 5:17pm On Sep 06, 2008
the team did well,did u see the preasure we were playing under,they needed a win at all cost while we had qualified already,injury treat and the weather was not on our side,but the defenders understood themselves well and the game went the way it would have went.
that was the best we could do allow them do the playing,defend well and capitalise on our chance.which was wat we did.
well done super eagles.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by ayusco: 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2008
my own analysis of the is that we did fairly well played bad in most spells but defended well most times & got the vital goal overall good job

PLAYER ANALYSIS

Dele A cool coolgood job nice reflexes but like most nigerian gk he's also a vampire(scared of crosses grin grin) 8/10

Chidi odiah average performance 5/10

TT same as above 5/10

Danny S. cool coolyeah the man is back 7/10

Nwaneri also tried 6/10

uche kalu below average 4/10

ayilla not flashy but solid 6/10

olofinjana MOTM performance 8/10

ike uche average until he scored 6/10

utaka as usual not playing to full potential 5/10

yakubu don't the YAK u won't get JACK! 5/10

SUBS

Obodo looked descent 6/10

Akpala didn't see much of him 5/10
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by sinmbo(m): 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2008
I didn't know Aiyenugba was this good! The Lord helped us through him today.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by oosea(m): 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2008
I was unable to watch the match.
what is the score?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by quentininc(m): 7:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
ayusco,

i dont agree wit u especially when it comes to Olofijana he was caught ball watching at times and if not for God and

hardluck on the south african sice it would have been something else altogether.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by hayprof(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2008
I didn't watch the match (neva wanted to) , so i shuld be making any crutial post. . tongue

But, why didn the Eagles shoot in more than (1) goal ? angry
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by princekevo(m): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2008
OMG when shall we Nigerians be contempted with wht we had.Super tried their best to get a win on away match here u are asking why they didnt get more goals.Winning is winning for Bleep sake even if it is a half goal,if they is any.
hayprof:

I didn't watch the match (never wanted to) , so i shuld be making any crutial post. . tongue

But, why didn the Eagles shoot in more than (1) goal ? angry
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by mikebuddy(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2008
south africa knows nothin,nothin even soccer.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by tosinadeda: 12:14am On Sep 07, 2008
its more like a curse now!!!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Bobbyb(m): 5:45am On Sep 07, 2008
its quite degrading 2 say SA r our rivals.we pass them our matches r cameroun,ivory coast nd ghana
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by smile4kenn(m): 6:08am On Sep 07, 2008
Stand-in captain Benni McCarthy said he believes South Africa will be competitive at the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals despite another setback on Saturday.

A 1-0 defeat by Nigeria left them third in their group, dealing a bodyblow to their hopes of qualifying for the CAF Africa Cup of Nations in Angola earlier in 2010. "By 2010 this team will be ready," McCarthy said after a performance that was a marked improvement on their last games despite the defeat.

McCarthy was stand-in as captain for his Blackburn Rovers team mate Aaron Mokoena, suspended for the Group 4 qualifier. "On a bumpy pitch it was difficult but we took the game to another level. The country is obviously very disappointed but there can be satisfaction with the football they saw us play. This is good for the future and for the World Cup," he said.

South Africa had countless chances in the game but lost to a 70th-minute goal from Kalu Uche. "I am deeply disappointed on probably the biggest day in my career, selected as captain for a really important game," McCarthy added.

"I was never so proud of putting on the Bafana Bafana shirt as I was today, the football we displayed was memorable, the players gave everything. We out-played, out-ran, out-thought Nigeria. Only God knows how he made them victorious today."

McCarthy knows, however, that should they miss out on qualifying for the 2010 CAF Africa Cup of Nations, South Africa will lose much-needed competitive practice just six months before they host the global showpiece.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=873155.html#mccarthy+accentuates+positive
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by vichel(m): 6:31am On Sep 07, 2008
there is somethin these south africans forget, they wanted the result bad, not us. their job today was to go for all attack, we weren't in any pressure. If we were in the same position as them, am sure we would have found a way to put two goals past them. They claim they out played us, but we won. They were home, with amazin home support, and yet they had no bite. The south africans should realise that their team is weak and not up to par, they should learn from this defeat because if they continue making silly excuses for their weaknesses, they would end up disgracing themselves at the world cup. They shouldn't fell bad loosing to nigeria home and away, because we obviously not in the same league, the super eagles and our other national teams are lite years ahead if them. Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!!, Long Live Super Eagles!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by churchmann: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2008
pls can someone help me to post a topic on amorc i try to do so but i was unable,i which to know about the amorc for i have been given their Mastery Of Life but i try to get infromation about them on the net all i got was possifive pls can u guys help me out,it was a frind in school who took me there he is not willing to say anything to me about it he just say let me wait and see i am a little scare.Pls can someone help out or post the Amorc as a topic so that i can get other people ideals
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by congoshine(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2008
churchmann:

please can someone help me to post a topic on amorc i try to do so but i was unable,i which to know about the amorc for i have been given their Mastery Of Life but i try to get infromation about them on the net all i got was possifive please can u guys help me out,it was a frind in school who took me there he is not willing to say anything to me about it he just say let me wait and see i am a little scare.Please can someone help out or post the Amorc as a topic so that i can get other people ideals

pally run with ur life & visit the nearest MFM immediately.

Im no joking pls !
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by churchmann: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2008
pls what is MFM
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by congoshine(m): 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2008
churchmann:

please what is MFM

Are u ok?

Abi them jazz don de do u?

Mountain Of Fire & Miracles church,ask any okada around u .
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by churchmann: 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2008
thks very much but i am not in niger now i am in Ghana, anyway thks and i am no more interested in it, i am sure they r bad some one just send me a post about it which has clarify me much
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Mpele(m): 8:02am On Sep 08, 2008
We will never beat the Nigerians and we've accepted. But to tell the truth, the Nations Cup has never really caught our imaginations. Its not a train smash as the African Cup of Nations has never been taken serious by South Africans. I mean the tournament is one the least watched in all international events, as some South Africans don't even know some of the countries that are playing there. Thats why some of our players will rather go on holiday.
We must also do away with this myth of saying Nigeria is our rivals, these people are our hoodoo, we just can't beat them. Our rivals are Australia, in rugby, cricket and soccer. I'm not consoling myself, but this is just reality. Anyway good luck Nigeria. As for Bafana Bafana, they must just know that they have our support. Every team go through a slump at some point. France and South Korea went through a rough patch before they hosted their respective world cups.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Odd Football Investment / Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles / Sure Football Betting Predictions For All 10 Matches In All Major Leagues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.