Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles (5767 Views)

This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Ross Berkley Of Everton Could Play For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by ceomike(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2011
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi has invited 30 players from the domestic league to his Abuja camp including a 22- year old youth corp member discovered during the NYSC Games last weekend. The move is in his re-building process for the senior national team. The corp member, Stephen Morah is a graduate of Industrial Chemistry from the University of Jos.

Five players are from the CAF Confederation Cup semi finalists Sunshine Stars of Akure while last year's WAFU Cup champions Sharks FC of Port Harcourt has four with CAF Champions League semi finalists Enyimba providing three. Federation Cup champions Heartland, new Premier League champions Dolphins and Warri Wolves boast of three players each. All 30 players are drawn from 12 Premier League clubs, with the exception of Stephen Morah.

Nine of the clubs supply 26 of the players, as Keshi moves to re-engineer the Senior National Team through giving home boys ample opportunity to shine.

Full List:- Goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim (Warri Wolves), Okemute Odah (Sharks), Paul Godwin (Enyimba), Moses Ocheje (Sunshine Stars).

Defenders: Uche Ugwechi (Dolphins), Chibuzor Okonkwo (Heartland), Markson Ojobo (Enyimba), Azubuike Egwueke (Warri Wolves), Fortune Chukwudi (Sharks), James Okwuosa (Rangers), Gbenga Arokoyo (Kwara United), Godfrey Obobona (Sunshine), Sylvanus Ebiaku (3SC), Fade Adebayo (Bukola Babes), Juwon Oshaniwa (Sharks).

Midfielders/Strikers: Sunday Mba (Warri Wolves), Kola Anubi (Sharks), Izu Azuka (Sunshine), Julius Ubido (Heartland), Bartholomew Ibenegbu (Heartland), Victor Michael (Dolphins), Stephen Morah (NYSC), Sunday Emmanuel (Sunshine), Uche Kalu (Enyimba), Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars), Ejike Uzoenyi (Rangers), Jude Aneke (Kaduna United), Gabriel Reuben (Kano Pillars), Osita Uchendu (Dolphins), Ibrahim Ajani (Sunshine).

http://www. http://allafrica.com/stories/201112160873.html
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by utelee: 5:55am On Dec 17, 2011
inviting 30 players is a waste of time our local player do not hav patience later they will travel abroad. nonsense
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by bingbagbo(m): 10:14am On Dec 17, 2011
The funny thing is that, Keshi will end up getting sacked with a white-man taking over. . , The solution to Super? eagle problem is Age cheating at the juvenile level! thats all!! sad sad
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by redcliff: 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2011
bin gbagbo:

The funny thing is that, Keshi will end up getting sacked with a white-man taking over. . , The solution to Super? eagle problem is Age cheating at the juvenile level! thats all!! sad sad

There was no other way and answer to all the SE problems, u hit it on point, u d man
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by abbeylomo(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2011
Let's see if that can solve the problem facing them.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by ortopazz(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2011
So long as mikel iz replacd, I'l b okay.

Keshi is different and I know he will deliver.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by ortopazz(m): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2011
Stephen Morah(NYSC)

na levels o! Buh itz crookedly funny!
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by Ironi: 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2011
Now you want to use local players to go compete with professionals, this won't work.

Remember, Africa is being seen on the international scene today because we have been fielding players playing professional soccer. For a long time Africa did not reach anywhere and African teams were scored dozens of goals any time they showed up till we started geting a lot of professional players.

I don't think you can train locals and send them to play professionals. 
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by DamiKhojie(m): 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2011
utelee:

inviting 30 players is a waste of time our local player do not hav patience later they will travel abroad. nonsense

Why would they stay and play in Nigerian leagues the pay isn't nearly as good as what they'd make abroad and outside of Nigeria who's really watching them.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by success4(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
utelee:

Can you advise on what to do? Some of you just write RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by LEXYLOV: 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2011
Most of the countries teams who became superstars today started as home base. Remember when Clemence westerhoff build team for Nigeria in those day, most of those boys are all home base players who later became megastar in world football platform. Can you also remember, Senegal, Togo , Guinea , Zambia etc full of home base players and the world witness what is the outcome. If the coach choose to build his team this way, to me is the best. all they need is blending up, standard pitches for training, necessary equipments and solid frequent friendly matches to blend.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by elampiro(m): 7:07am On Dec 18, 2011
Finidi George, Austine Eguavoen, Ben Iroha, Thompson Oliha, Dan Amokachi,Emmanuel Amunike, Rasheed Yekini, Uche Okechukwu, Uche Okafor,and even Stephen Keshi were all home based when they join the Super Eagles. We need strong and physical players to match other African opponents. Some of our foreign based like Mikel are too soft. Infact, Stephen Keshi has a major surgical operation to do in the Super Eagles to get the team back to the good old days. The friendly he played showed a sign of hope. The passes were good and the Super Eagles played faster than I have seen in several years. One of the major problems has been that our game has been too slow thereby making us easily predictable, the chances are few as the ball gets to the opponents area of few times in 90mins. Is easily to defend against a slow side. We need to bring in physical, intelligent and fast players. Another problem has been that our players stop working hard as soon as they get to Europe. No wonder none of our players have featured in the African footballer of the year award again in recent years as they are just average. When we will get a Samuel Eto, a player who hit the international limelight at early age and remained consistent for over a decade. Look at Drogba, Essien, Toures, Adebayo, Song, Kalou, etc. Big boss Stephen Keshi pls make young talent with skills and physical ability your priority. In this way, we can be grate again. Take the risk for young talents - 20-28 real age and u will see the result just as Ghana did.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by elampiro(m): 7:11am On Dec 18, 2011
I meant: Is easy to defend against a slow side. Pardone the error.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by lecanno: 11:01am On Dec 18, 2011
thank you Stehpen Keshi for what you are doing. when you get the best from the local league blend them with a few good ones from abroad leagues, SE will come back strong. As for the youth Corper, football is not about education. if the corper has the skills why not give him a chance. Let's watch him play first. cheesy

I support Keshi 100% on this.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by otokx(m): 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2011
what are we doing with 4 goal keepers?
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by bisiaet: 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2011
As for those who are criticizing Keshi move please tell us your own solution to Eagle problem? I realised any moved by any coach to help the National Team some will still say No that is not the way so please tell us your own slution.

We all call for local players to replace all these bunch of tired legs who are so lazy to lift their legs up and play soccer.
To my owm world I think I support Keshi for this move if even it will take us 4 years to get back on our feet its better than be humiliated all the time in the hand of all these bunch of lazy eagle players.

Keshi should just mix them(Home based players) with few young ones in the present squad and the under 21 and 23 level and offload the rest of them especially Mikel Obi its time for his exit for the final time i'm not be critical of him am just dissappointed in him so much. Only the two Kalu's and few more should be allow to carry on as eagle player but the rest bye bye gift for now and that should be the final bye.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by nsiadi: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2011
Those complaining of trying out home boyz are not serious
How can newer talents be fished out if not that way
Who even suggested to them that Keshi is jettisoning all the professionals
We need to introduce killer boys into the SE
They abound in Nigeria & I am happy Keshi is doing the right thing
We can drop the dead woods he inherited
They form arrow heads of mafia
Let Keshi carry goooooooooooo
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by kevoh(m): 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2011
Anything that will return the eagles to being SUPER is okay by me! Even if it means inviting under age players. We have lost our grandeur as a respected team in Africa it's high time we regained that.
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by omar22(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2011
Stephen Morah(NYSC)

na levels o! Buh itz crookedly funny!

Atleast we know his real age!!!
Re: Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles by tck2000(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2019
g

(1) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Tattooed Names Of 50 Starving People On His Body / Sure Football Betting Predictions For All 10 Matches In All Major Leagues / Olympic Qualifier: Falcons Beat Algeria 3-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.