Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,067 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) (5759 Views)

Poll: Which country will win the match?

Nigeria: 64% (11 votes)
South Africa: 5% (1 vote)
Draw: 29% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Nigerians Struggling For Super Eagles Vs South Africa match Tickets (Photos) / AWC 2012 Semi-Final: Nigeria Vs South Africa (0 - 1) On Wed November-7-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by FBS: 10:14am On Sep 05, 2008
The "Super" Eagles of Nigeria tackles the Bafana Bafana of SA, this weekend. Your predictions?

I just feel we don't have a super eagles team yet and I can't understand why General Adeleye is not in the squad.

Besides, I'm sure every team will want to beat us, Benny cearin will want that.

Controversial Blackburn Rovers striker, Benni McCarthy, has urged the Super Eagles to come to the EPRU Stadium in Port Elizabeth on Saturday for their 2010 Nations Cup/World Cup qualifying game against South Africa with bags of handkerchiefs.

McCarthy, who rubbished Blackburn‘s claim that he was fat and unfit for the encounter, said on Thursday he would be all over the field firing on all cylinders on Saturday to help his country qualify for the next stage of the qualifiers.

“Nigeria must not think they can come here and go home with a smile on their faces. We will make sure they are not smiling after Saturday,” the former Porto told Despatch online on Thursday.

“We will fight them all the way. We all know how important this game is to the country. I know Nigeria is a class side but we are at home and must win at all costs.

“We all know we have to win to stay in with a chance of reaching Angola in 2010. We are up for it.”

McCarthy said the Bafana Bafana would draw inspiration from their 2-2 draw with Australia in a friendly affair in London to go for victory over Nigeria.

He said, “We got our pride back and we know no matter who plays for Nigeria against us, will be fighting to beat us. But we showed a lot of spirit against Australia and we must continue from there.”

Embattled Bafana Bafana coach, Joel Santana, promised South Africans victory over the Eagles, saying the players were battle-ready for the encounter.

“Nigeria is a good side but we are going to win,” he said.
http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200809051033021
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by icemann(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2008
South africa has not scored any goal against nigeria in any competition
they won us 2-0 in a friendly in SA a year ago
hope we Revenge 4-0
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by FBS: 10:57am On Sep 05, 2008
"hope" we do but not with the team we have at the moment. If it can actually be called a team? I still cannot feel the "Team Spirit" one would expect.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Fadajasi(m): 8:02am On Sep 06, 2008
What time is the match?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by FBS: 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
match starts at 2pm Nigerian time.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by izi2brauz(m): 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
How can i know Super Eagles' line-up for today's match? Who and who are playing on the pitch, and who and who are on the bench? Is Eguavon still coaching? Seems i have lost idea on Naija football. I concentrate mostly on EPL and UCL.
Thank you.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by elctroguru(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2008
icemann:

South africa has not scored any goal against nigeria in any competition
they won us 2-0 in a friendly in SA a year ago
hope we Revenge 4-0

Nigeria scored one goal , The final score was 2-1 not 2-0
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by gabelogan(m): 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
is there any chance i would be able to watch this game on the net?

does anyone know any website dat will stream or broadcast the game over the net?

please!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Arnold1(m): 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2008
You can keep track of the scores from this fifa link:

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/matches/index.html
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by tesyes: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2008
abeg someone should help, i am not watching the match, pls gist me about what is going on.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by yommys01(m): 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2008
seems this one will end in a draw as the Eagles are playing poorly as usual.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by yommys01(m): 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2008
those that did not watch the match should not even bother becos it is an eyesore. The Super Falcons will do better than this honestly.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by chrischima(m): 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2008
NGR 0 RSA 0 HALF TIME, NO MUCH HIGHLIGHTS
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by superstan(m): 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2008
the standard of nigerian football keeps nose-diving.

defenders kept lumping aimless passes forward, attackers are not running the channels and the whole display has been insipid.

the best chance was wasted by uche. a good pass in the 6 yards and he shot over the bar with the far side of the goal gaping.

nigeria should just rely on the team that went to the olympics.

south africa had good chances to put the game beyond nigeria but credits should be given to the nigerian goalie.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Richguys: 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2008
our mid-field is nonsense

i don't see us winining this game.

hold onnnnnnnn
ike uche, oh there is no person to back him up.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Wilmart(m): 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2008
What is the scoreline this second half,do we have hope of winning the match?.Somebody should keep me posted on development so far.Thanks
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by subice(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2008
It's been a while I've seen Nigeria play this poorly. The coach should make some changes.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by superstan(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2008
i don't see us winning the game unless something dramatic happens.

south africa deserve a lead at least but they have been wasteful in front of goal.

they have created more chances and nigeria's goalkeeper is the busier goalie.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by subice(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2008
@ Wilmart

Still 0-0 but we are playing terribly. SA is pounding our goal with shot after shot.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by yommys01(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
we have scored ooo
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by FOD(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
At last!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by subice(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
Yes o.

1 - 0 Uche Okechukwu
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by superstan(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

uche scores

nigeria scores!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by bluehorizo(m): 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2008
What a lovely goal!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

That Uche is phenomenon. grin grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by tesyes: 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2008
beautiful goal by ikechukwu uche ope ooooooooooooo.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by yommys01(m): 3:36pm On Sep 06, 2008
This boy Uche is good but the team is rubbish. The NFF needs to do something about our preparations as it seems this boys did not train together at all. No cohesion in there game and thats what give the South African the edge.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 06, 2008
naija dey win? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ope ooooooooo grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by tesyes: 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2008
omo they almost scored against us just now
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by yommys01(m): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2008
Thank God for mother luck and Goalkeeper and South Africans themselves, if not we would have conceded up to 4 goals
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by McKren(m): 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2008
The attack line of the olympic team is better off by far

This team lack creativity
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by idupaul: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2008
where are u guys watchin this match, por is it over.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (1) Vs South Africa (0) by tesyes: 3:49pm On Sep 06, 2008
yommys01:

This boy Uche is good but the team is rubbish. The NFF needs to do something about our preparations as it seems this boys did not train together at all. No cohesion in there game and thats what give the South African the edge.

guy shut up you don't know what you are saying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sure Football Betting Predictions For All 10 Matches In All Major Leagues / Halleluyah: Mikel Obi Joins Chelsea! / Keshi Picks Youth Corper For Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.