Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Career Dilemma - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Dilemma (883 Views)

I'm Caught In A Career Dilemma And Don't Know What To Do / My Career Dilemma / Career Dilemma: Someone Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Dilemma by Suzzilla(f): 2:46am On Sep 07, 2008
I have always wanted to be a filmdirector, but recently I have had an increasing interest in the sciences. I am passionate about the arts, English, general mathematics, the sciences and I am pretty good with computers. I basically don't know what to pursue as a career because I don't want to leave anything out! I have considered going into medicine, cinematography, interior design and journalism/novel writing. Is there any career that involves everything? Or does anyone have any advice? (It's probably asking a lot, )
Re: Career Dilemma by hrworld: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2008
Infact you confused me a lot. I hope you have a solution soonest.
Re: Career Dilemma by springtime(m): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2008
The answer to your Questions can only be found by u. Look inside.
Re: Career Dilemma by finegirly(f): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2008
Whoa!. This is very complex. I wish I could help
Re: Career Dilemma by yicob(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2008
my advice might not be of help though it helped me when i was at the cross road of my career. I discovered that i have passion for everytin u mentioned above except maths.
i ended up finding solace in advertising industry cos i have to work on different brands . . . . .and since u re already talented in all, it wud b a matter of the best lady that can work on all brands. U can work as an account/client officer, strategist, copywriting, art directn, traffic officer etc. The fact that you work in different fields in one office would make u an epitome of good ideals. You can shoot me a mail at jackobzn@yahoo.com

hastalavista baby!
Re: Career Dilemma by A40(m): 12:28am On Sep 19, 2008
I think you are trying to dabble in too many things at the same time and some if not all are going to suffer why not try and handle one at a time start with the area you like the most! you cant possibly like them all the same way so try and make up your mind
Re: Career Dilemma by Aiyetunje: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2008
You should try and do something that will allow u some flexibility to try ur hands on the other things. . .it must be something you both like and are talented in. Go over your list - u may find u dont like dem all in the same way or are not talented in all of them. Interests are different from talent.

I am not discouraging u but if u go for medicine it may not allow u freedom to express. One or the other will suffer - ur academics, or ur talents etc. I know people who combined well but it aint easy

All the best

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Cross From Glo Customer Care To A Good It Company Pls I Need Advise / Acca / This Is My Third Job This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.