Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! (772 Views)

Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. / Microbiologists Are Equally: / Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by Suzzilla(f): 6:43am On Sep 07, 2008
I don't want to know how many times I have been told to "Go eat a pie"! I get called anorexic, but I eat A LOT of food - especially chocolate. People can't help it if they are a naturally big or small build, just as they can't help it if they are short or tall! When people say "It's all about personality", it applies to thin people too, which some people just do not understand.
Re: Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by Sissy3(f): 11:22pm On Jun 25, 2010
true. in a world where most ppl are obsessed w/ losing weight, alot of ppl also forget that thin ppl are also abused equally like fatty bumbums
Re: Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by dominique(f): 11:34am On Jun 26, 2010
skinny peeps are more discriminated against in Nigeria. when i was real skinny, i couldn't find jeans that fit, bracelets and rings kept falling off etc. it has it's perks tho', people thinks you're wayyy younger than your age cool
Re: Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by sashaa(f): 10:09am On Jun 27, 2010
Yeah, in nigeria before u can pass off as good looking, u'v got 2 have some flesh!
I know this first hand cos i'm quite skinny. D only way i ever get complimented is 'oh, u look great! looks like u are adding some weight'
when i go shopping, i can only drool at some clothes that i can't wear like tube/tiny strapped dresses/tops, full-lenghted leggings/jeggins.
And i know if i were outside nigeria, i'll prolly get away with wearing them.
It makes me sad, rily
Re: Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by Romeo4real(m): 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2010
but I eat A LOT of food - especially chocolate
Well, no surprises here. Chocolate consists mainly of Milk fat and simple sugars. This will not necessarily make you fat, unless it is contributing to excess calories. If your daily minimum calorific intake consists mainly of chocolate, it will make you unhealthy, but NOT fat!
Re: Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by segzicres(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2010
good one about the chocolates
Re: Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by Sissy3(f): 11:23am On Jun 29, 2010
i think it is sort of worse in nigeria esp where most people are on the "it must come with flesh" wagon not knowing that just as its hard for those who are fat find it hard to lose weight likewise thin ppl find it even more harder in many instances to gain and maintain the weight
Re: Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by dobodobo(m): 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2010
Either you are thin or fat, the most important is to Bleep,people will always complain irrespective what body shame you got
Re: Fat And Thin Are Equally Discriminated! by dominique(f): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2010
trust walestar to make the thread about bleep angry

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Skin Revealed / Anyone Tried Great Exercises? / Hiv And Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.