Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,061 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original (2665 Views)

Music Producer ID Cabasa Is Now A Pastor / Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by Robotnik: 5:54am On Sep 08, 2008
I just discovered ID cabasa got the street credibility tune from red hot chili peppers Californication 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn28aGYytxs
we are never original in Nigeria, we just steal other peoples ideas and claim  it as ours.
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by lalaboi(m): 6:35am On Sep 08, 2008
hey u
shut up!!! i said shut up!!

how many world class producers have beats that doesnt av a bit of other ppls beats in them!

in case u never know, almost all beats are identical by 20%

ders no 100% pure beats
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by acidrop(f): 6:37am On Sep 08, 2008
hahahahahahahah, bros i like hw u take tell am shut up abeg, hahahahahah
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by vodka(f): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2008
abeg aharrp your mouth jo if you are beefing id cabasa just talk. carlifornication happens to be a fav of mine and the begining tune DOES NOT sound like street credibility dumb head. besides which one you don produce sef?
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by kaypumpin2(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2008
Californication Street cred is a NO NO
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by AfrknKngs(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
wow, this how rumors start, No matter what, there will always be haters out there, Na wow oooh, I bet da nucca got sum beef w/ him =D

~We Are AKS~

Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by tosinadeda: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2008
b e e f
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by benedo(m): 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
Ummm dem don come again, instead of encouraging our rising stars, na so so pull him down,ahow cares wether he sampled this or that even the best musicians/producers sample from other artistes

He sampled! So What!

Abeegi!
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by Robotnik: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2008
You guys are talking crap, Originality matters, lets call a spade a spade
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by Huey: 6:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
No doubt originality matters but what do you make of Kanye West sampling of almost all his instrumentals?
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by follypimpi(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2008
which crap dem dey talk,u guyz jst dey yahn dust.the r.kelly song with snoop dogg -thats that shit,was it not inside the movie "coming to america" when murphy was bein bathe that they sampled the tune from.omo nothin do u I D cabasa ignore the haters they mke u a hit maker,
Robotnik:

You guys are talking crap, Originality matters, lets call a spade a spade
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by dready(f): 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
He has a point though, but to me i think street credibility beat is gotten from another nigerian beat, but it was turned inside out, that has been my feeling from the first day i heard it, i have also heard there are many more beats from him that were people's work, but i haven't noticed those yet, talking about looping people's instrumental it is done very well in nigeria and outside the shores, one good thing about it, is that the artiste sings silly on the beat, that makes the song on a copied beat a banger, seen ?
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by Billiam1: 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
my friend, commot with this nonsense, i no know if them born u wit okrika ears, but that song was not sampled from californication, everybody samples, from Dr Dre, The neptunes, Timbaland, it's a common practice, it's more or less stealing when u no pay for am, but u no get job, so u won bring up originality, go and hijack ur momsi cooking pot and fry ur face for wasting ppl's time
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by triistar86: 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2008
Abeg guy u need to learn to appreciative and not condemn. I am yet to figure out the similarity between the two songs in any way u can think of either beat wise  or chord wise or even anywise. Guess u may still have to listen to the tracks again so you admit your error that is if u havent already. All I can say at this point is ID Cabasa is Good Period. There is no point disputing that. Please free the guy and stop looking out for his low points. I am not saying he is perfect but I am very sure he has worked hard to get to where he is now and he is still working hard to make himself better than what he is today.
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by Robotnik: 4:33am On Sep 09, 2008
Bill-I-am , you see what I am talking about originality, why didn't you come up with a unique name rather than wait for Will-I-am before you choose a name, Copycat Mora'Fo
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by Billiam1: 5:21am On Sep 09, 2008
u know what my friend, u r right, and when u're right, dammit u r right,

from now on Bill-I-AM shall be known as Robo'sMom-I-Bleep

That's original abi, commot from here jo, the issue is in production, u can't argue ur point, when some of the world's greatest producers have done the same, that is if he did end up sampling them

anyway, acknowledge the new name and fry ur face
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by edosioo(f): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2008
@africankings and to the rest of u guys who playerhate
sampling is part of hiphop , so u guys shouldnt blame saucekid for yebariba sanboribobo. every producers samples .even dr dre and timbaland
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by UNLEASHED(m): 11:14am On Sep 09, 2008
Hmm i tire for people o
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by chrisical(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2008
Carlifornication ko, Atlantafornication ni wink wink wink
Infact na NewYorkfornication tongue
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by A40(m): 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2008
Point noted,But most producers steal and sample beats i mean what do we say about the likes of Kanye West
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by Robotnik: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2008
You guys are getting me wrong, I did not ever say Id cabasa aint good, I only said he used someones else beat and someone out there is insulting my mum that knows notin about this, Nigerians are just the most insultive people!
Bill-I-am where did you leave your manners.
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by osasp(m): 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2008
Ta!!!!!
you just said he wasnt original
dont go back on your words now cos no one supports you

virtually all producers sample songs from other peoples works
.its how the final product comes out that matters
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by annekix(m): 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2008
Oi! will you keep your robot mouth shut, YOu Are a Sad Fault Finding Individual, Looking for something negetive to say about Nigeria,

first it was I.d cabas is not original ,

then u attacked the nigerian music industry,

now your saying "NIGERIANS ARE THE MOST INSULTIVE PEOPLE"

you found a fault BECUZ U WERE LOOKING FOR ONE,

IF american artists can do it why cant id cabasa?

i bet if jayz did it you wouldnt bat an eye lid

oops! i frgot he already did.

ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND, Originally 2pacs beat!! remember, ?

Oh and tupac sampled Notorious B.i.G beat

and hey, what about these lot eh!

2001, Mariah Carey released her first single from Glitter entitled "Loverboy" which featured a sample of "Firecracker" by Yello Magic Orchestra

A month later, Jennifer Lopez released "I'm Real" with the same "Firecracker" sample

Sean Kingston Copied Led Zeppelin

Mario used an enya sample

akon used a M.J sample

Kanye west Diamonds are foreva

Ayo Technology 50 cent ft. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland 2007 Covered by Milow

I Wanna Love You Akon feat. Snoop Dogg 2006-09 Covered by The Maine

Slow Jamz Twista featuring Kanye West & Jamie Foxx 2004-01-27 Contains samples of Luther Vandross

Barry Bonds Kanye West ft. Lil' Wayne 2007-11 Contains samples of Mountain Featuring Leslie West & Felix Pappalardi

2 Champion Kanye West 2007-11 Contains samples of Steely Dan

3 Drunk and Hot Girls Kanye West ft. Mos Def 2007-11 Contains samples of Can

5 Gold Digger Kanye West 2005-08-30 Contains samples of Ray Charles and His Band
Covered by The Automatic

6 Never Let Me Down Kanye West featuring Jay-Z & J. Ivy 2004 Contains samples of Blackjack

7 School Spirit Kanye West 2004 Contains samples of Aretha Franklin

8 Slow Jamz Twista featuring Kanye West & Jamie Foxx 2004-01-27 Contains samples of Luther Vandross

9 Spaceship Kanye West featuring GLC and Consequence 2004 Contains samples of Marvin

Through the Wire Kanye West 2003-11-04 Contains samples of Chaka Khan

dude do ur research b4 u open ur mouth and diss I.d cabasa and throw a subtle insult to nigerians,
if you think i'm making this up GOOGle it and check it out!!

Dount you feeel , dumb now?

and you got it wrong
Nigerians arent really insulting,
Except to fellas like you,
even if i were french i would insult the heck outta you for posting such crap,
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by fastmoney(m): 4:40am On Sep 10, 2008
why r u guy being bait on this dude, i just noticed stuff and shared with us, tho his delivery was bait too, thanks man i would never had known, i was rateing CABASA for that beat, i still rate him tho cos i've been rating him for 4 yrs now way before mans knew him but still a sample is a sample, and as 4 those that are talking about kanye, why else did u tink he wsnt winning awards untill he stated makin his own original beats.
BUT WHAT SOUNDS ABIT SLY IS THAT THE SONG TALKS ABOUT ORIGINALITY AND IDENTITY AND ITS OFF A SAMPLED TUNE. Bleep dat its still a hot track tho, th only track i listen t of 9ice.
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by UKBoy1(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2008
Haba My Nairalanders, Some of una get bad mouth o!!
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by Robotnik: 4:17am On Sep 11, 2008
Fastmoney thanks, people just don't understand, we are all entitled to our opinion, but why should people just be insultive, You can do the research and enlighten me rather than the unwarranted abuses.
@Bill-i-am
@ annekix
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by dreeldee: 4:20am On Sep 11, 2008
**hissssssssss** angry angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by DOGGMAN: 9:49am On Sep 11, 2008
robolink abi na robo wetin?? u may be right, but the way you put it down is very wrong.
even timberland, dr dre and dog cha samples beat from other countrys music, like india, jamaica even in mexico. so, cool
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by paulex: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
if u gat nothing 2 say, go break melon n stop castigatin. are u original? id cab, kp it up.
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by koffman007: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2008
poster it's a normal thing for producers to sample songs now as a matter of fact most of the greatest hits on air now are samples on popular songs and some not so popular.One thing i do have a big problem with is people dissing your family over an argument that is just barbaric and shouldnt be tolerated .i mean, come on we are Nigerians why cant we have civilized discussions? I know if you guys were to see face to face people would think twice about verbally abusing your family especially your mother.Whoever the moderator of this site is should keep an eye on wats going on here its appauling and should be dealt with.
Re: Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original by javalove(m): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2008
sorry to bang in here without knocking, wrong room. hope i didnt disturb anything?***

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Song A Mega Hit In Nigeria / Instrumental: Olamide - Don't Stop (prod. By Freezyfofo) / Yemi Alade Claims She Looks More Beautiful Without Make-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.