Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

Why is Palin scared To face the Press? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why is Palin scared To face the Press? (1537 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Ibime(m): 11:37am On Sep 08, 2008
I heard somewhere that Palin will not be giving interviews for the next two months. Is this because she is too inexperienced to hang with the big dogs?

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Most candidates love getting free television time, especially long interviews where they can make their points at length and have the voters get to know them better. The Sunday talk shows are a favorite. Today John McCain will get a full half hour on CBS' Face the Nation, Barack Obama goes on ABC's This Week, and Joe Biden takes the hot seat at NBC's Meet the Press. Sarah Palin is avoiding free media when every network would love to have her. All it would take is one phone call to CNN, for example, and she'D be on there for half an hour, for free. This behavior gives the impressesion that the McCain campaign is afraid to have her interviewed in depth by experienced reporters for fear of what she might say. The problem is not gaffes--Biden makes them from time to time, but will still be grilled. The real problem is she might say something intentionally that she really and truly believes (like victims of rape should be forced to bear their rapist's child) and this will shock the viewers. It will be interesting to see how long Palin can avoid giving interviews and whether the media starts to point out this behavior
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by SeanT21(f): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2008
I guess. All I gotta say is I hope Biden destroy her in the debates!!!
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by sleekp1: 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
She's being chaperoned around like a heroine at the moment but will have to face tough questioning soon.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2008
This is the problem:

- What happens when a reporter asks her why she didnt know the duty of the VP?
- What has she got to say on the issue of Georgia and Russia?
- What shld she say when grilled on Iraq?
- What would be her answer on taxes, health care, the economy? Leading a population the size of the constituency Obama represents is a different ball game to being president of a nation with 300m.

On interviews they wont be asking her how to shoot moose or the latest hockey scores.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by TayoD1(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Ibime,

I heard somewhere that Palin will not be giving interviews for the next two months. Is this because she is too inexperienced to hang with the big dogs?
Your first statement is a lie. She's scheduled for a TV interview next week. In any case, have you asked why Obama avoided Foxnews like a plague and never accepted Hannity's invitation for a no-holds-barred interview?

Did you hear Hasselback's comment recently about Mrs McCain's interview on the VIEW? She said she is glad no one censored what questions they could ask Mrs McCain even though that was the case with Mrs Obama. I wonder who is controlling and censoring what info the press is allowed to provide to the public.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by BigB11(m): 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
Your first statement is a lie. She's scheduled for a TV interview next week. In any case, have you asked why Obama avoided Foxnews like a plague and never accepted Hannity's invitation for a no-holds-barred interview?

The republicans have only approved this TV interview because it was becoming too obvious that Palin is being shielded from the media.

FYI: Obama has been to the View show, Keith Obermannt show, Larry King Show, David letterman show, Bill O'Rielly (Foxnews), 60 minutes, and many many more.

Sean Hannity show is a show that is designed for mindless kids; therefore, this ignoramus show doesn't count.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by TayoD1(m): 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2008
@BigB1,

The republicans have only approved this TV interview because it was becoming too obvious that Palin is being shielded from the media.
There is nothing obvious about her not granting any interviews so far. The press cannot dictate her schedule and must abide by her dictates

FYI: Obama has been to the View show, Keith Obermannt show, Larry King Show, David letterman show, Bill O'Rielly (Foxnews), 60 minutes, and many many more.
Oh please tell me, how many days, nay months, nay years after his run for the presidency that Obama finally wound up on Bill O'Reilly? Please compare that to the few days it takes before Sarah palin will be on TV with a hostile host and network. it seems like you just do not judge on a set standard.

Sean Hannity show is a show that is designed for mindless kids; therefore, this ignoramus show doesn't count.
Your statment does not do justice to the impression that you do not think better than a mindless kid.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Ibime(m): 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
Tayo-D:

There is nothing obvious about her not granting any interviews so far. The press cannot dictate her schedule and must abide by her dictates

STFU. . . just admit that the bitch needs to be debriefed before they let her infront of an interviewer.

Tayo-D:

Oh please tell me, how many days, nay months, nay years after his run for the presidency that Obama finally wound up on Bill O'Reilly? Please compare that to the few days it takes before Sarah palin will be on TV with a hostile host and network.  it seems like you just do not judge on a set standard.

This is what I don't get about you crackpots. . . .do you know how far out Fox news is?. . . . sheeeeet. . . . what do you call a hostile channel?. . . . CNN?. . . . let me tell you, in Europe, NBC is considered to be a centrist channel. . . . . compared to the rubbish bile you guys spit on Fox News, there is no comparison. . . . .I heard a Republican on radio claiming that the media is left wing. . . a left winger came on and said the media is right wing. . . . I have news for all of you. . . . .THE MEDIA IS MOSTLY CENTRIST!. . . . .Kobojunkie came here to tell me CNN is left wing. . . . have you all lost your marbles or is that what Fox News taught you?. . . . GTF out of here!

. . . . don't worry, we will send Palin to Guerilla TV. . . . because that is the left wing equivalent to Fox news. . . . bastards!. . . . you think people have your obviously biased, crackpot, redneck time?. . . . you don't even make an attempt at unbiased journalism. . .  .at least other networks try to disguise it when they have partizan leanings.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by BigB11(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Tayo-D:

It is obvious to all that you truly do not know or feel this chick at-all, but you hate yourself so much that you have to find a way to make yourself feel better by bringing yourself Obama down.

No need to continue with the baseless back and forth; why not let us do this again toward the end of November 2008?
I'm sure that things will be more clearer at this time.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
Big B1:

@Tayo-D:

It is obvious to all that you truly do not know this chick at-all

This is more than obvious even to a 2-yr old.

Tayo-D:

Oh please tell me, how many days, nay months, nay years after his run for the presidency that Obama finally wound up on Bill O'Reilly? Please compare that to the few days it takes before Sarah palin will be on TV with a hostile host and network.

O boy, it seems you forget the general elections is less than 2 months away. When shld the media interview Palin? 2 yrs after the election?
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:30pm On Sep 08, 2008
Because she's an air-head!
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by 4Play(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2008
Guys, ABC is soliciting questions for Gov Palin,make una go contribute:http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnewser/2008/09/questions-for-s.html

Kudos to the National Review for this summary of some of the more hilarious questions:

Please identify the leading political opposition leaders for Zimbabwe and Myanmar (Burma).

How is the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) calculated? the Gross National Product (GNP)?

Please identify the nine naval chokepoints around the globe and briefly discuss the importance of each, as well as consequences if any or all were to become blocked.

Please explain in detail the legislative process at the federal level, i.e., how a bill becomes a law.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by TayoD1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Ibime,

STFU. . . just admit that the bitch needs to be debriefed before they let her infront of an interviewer.
No doubt she needs to be prepared for the interviews. No one is denying that.

This is what I don't get about you crackpots. . . .do you know how far out Fox news is?. . . . sheeeeet. . . . what do you call a hostile channel?. . . . CNN?. . . . let me tell you, in Europe, NBC is considered to be a centrist channel. . . . . compared to the rubbish bile you guys spit on Fox News, there is no comparison. . . . .I heard a Republican on radio claiming that the media is left wing. . . a left winger came on and said the media is right wing. . . . I have news for all of you. . . . .THE MEDIA IS MOSTLY CENTRIST!. . . . .Kobojunkie came here to tell me CNN is left wing. . . . have you all lost your marbles or is that what Fox News taught you?. . . . GTF out of here!
Foxnews has a host of news Commentators. It appears y'all are mixing the role of a commentator to a presenter together. they are not the same. The guys you rail about are commentators and not presenters, and each commentator has a leaning, either to the right or left, for Fox, its mostly right.

. . . . don't worry, we will send Palin to Guerilla TV. . . . because that is the left wing equivalent to Fox news. . . . bastards!. . . . you think people have your obviously biased, crackpot, redneck time?. . . . you don't even make an attempt at unbiased journalism. . . .at least other networks try to disguise it when they have partizan leanings.
Not the case with NBC who fired their Anchors this week.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by TayoD1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Big B1,

It is obvious to all that you truly do not know or feel this chick at-all, but you hate yourself so much that you have to find a way to make yourself feel better by bringing yourself Obama down.

No need to continue with the baseless back and forth; why not let us do this again toward the end of November 2008?
I'm sure that things will be more clearer at this time.
Can someone tell this guy to wean himself off of the crack he is smoking?
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by TayoD1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Davidylan,

This is more than obvious even to a 2-yr old.
So you knwo the babe very, very well. Hopefully you will write a biography of her in the next few days. You are sure to be a millionaire if you can just share with the world, your intimate knowledge of Palin.

O boy, it seems you forget the general elections is less than 2 months away. When shld the media interview Palin? 2 years after the election?
So the long and short of it is that you agree with my assessment.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by BigB11(m): 2:14am On Sep 10, 2008
Can someone tell this guy to wean himself off of the crack he is smoking?

@Tayo-D:
My Friend, it would be pleasant if you simply focus more on the subject; absolutely no need for you to cross the line.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 10, 2008
No questions, please; Palin sticks to her script.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/palin_playing_it_safe
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by TayoD1(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2008
@BigB1,

@Tayo-D:
My Friend, it would be pleasant if you simply focus more on the subject; absolutely no need for you to cross the line.
I can see you haven't weaned yourself of that pot. Are your insane qquestions directed at my person part of the subject? You need your head examined.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by BigB11(m): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2008
My friend, you must be referring to ur أب، كاهِن, not me.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by TopBanana: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2008
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by NegroNtns(m): 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2008
I hear words like "chaperon", "approved", "guide". to make reference to RNC's management of Palin's public interview.

Shame on Democrats! Thats what your party should be doing with Obama's public appearances if you want him to win. It is brutal out there and you have to channell his course through less stormy waters not just leave him to go solo into unfamiliar territories, he is bound to make errors and you definitely do not have the luxury of time to allow for learning curves. Republicans are doing what is right by closely managing and guiding and chaperroning and approving her appearances and speech in the public.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

I hear words like "chaperon", "approved", "guide". to make reference to RNC's management of Palin's public interview.

Republicans are doing what is right by closely managing and guiding and chaperroning and approving her appearances and speech in the public.

Republicans are tacitly admitting one thing - that Sarah Palin isnt ready for the office of the VP and she's simply on the ticket to draw women and not because she's a reformer. If Obama were dodging interviews and democrats were running everywhere trying to "guide", "chaperon" and doctor his speeches you people would be the first to start crying about "inexperience".
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by NegroNtns(m): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2008
David,

Obama is the top of the ticket. He needs the exposure. He needs more exposure in fact than McCain. McCain is well known. Obama's resume and personality are still in contention so he need to solicit and he can best accomplish that by making as many appearances as possible atthe natuional level.

Palin is not the top of ticket and should be compared at par with Biden. Biden is well known and need less exposure than her. She will need to sell herself to many people that have questions about her person and qualification.

However, you do not sacrifice political gains and squander safelanding in preference for public opinion when the subject is not the Captain of the ticket. Yes, if McCain dies she will succeed him but he has not died so that thought is a projection and not reality. Lets deal with reality.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

David,

Obama is the top of the ticket. He needs the exposure. He needs more exposure in fact than McCain. McCain is well known.

McCain is well known were? Every single poll in Europe shows NATO leaders would rather deal with Obama than McCain.

Negro_Ntns:

Obama's resume and personality are still in contention

they are only in "contention" with racist whites and their deluded sidekicks who cant imagine a black man in office. If he were white the only thing we'd be debating would be by what margin McCain would lose.

Negro_Ntns:

Palin is not the top of ticket and should be compared at par with Biden.

Palin and Biden at par? You must be joking.

Negro_Ntns:

However, you do not sacrifice political gains and squander safelanding in preference for public opinion when the subject is not the Captain of the ticket. Yes, if McCain dies she will succeed him but he has not died so that thought is a projection and not reality. Lets deal with reality.

the mark of leaders is the ability to plan against the unforseeable. McCain has shown us the opposite.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by NegroNtns(m): 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2008
McCain is well known were? Every single poll in Europe shows NATO leaders would rather deal with Obama than McCain.

I don't think I need to answer that one. But if its not already apparent then I will give it voice.

In a world that is continously changing and small nations are suddenly amassing stockpiles of armaments and alliances and axis of pilitical and military treaties are unpredictable; I am not sure that any of these candidates would love to highlight a foreign based opinion that favor their camp as a credit for their qualification to be Commander in Chief. I hope DNC does not put that out in the news and I hope the file and rank of democrats will not herald that as a claim or support thereof for why Barack should be the President. No candidate when it comes to American security wants their popularity to be earned in the streets of foreign nations, regardless if its an ally nation or not.

they are only in "contention" with racist whites and their deluded sidekicks who can't imagine a black man in office. If he were white the only thing we'D be debating would be by what margin McCain would lose.

They are not in contention amongst blacks because that the bloc is a default electorate that does not ask question before it claims side.

Palin and Biden at par? You must be joking.

Political experience, NO; but electoral status, YES they are at par. This is why Obama has been rebuked for going after Palin instead of McCain who is his par. Biden should face Palin and Obama should face McCain. Although, Biden or Palin could attack the top of each other's party - that is allowed.

the mark of leaders is the ability to plan against the unforseeable. McCain has shown us the opposite.

Democrats sure are showing us Leadership by not foreseeing that McCain could make this move he did with Palin. cheesy
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 10, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

They are not in contention amongst blacks because that the bloc is a default electorate that does not ask question before it claims side.

Really? Clinton was handily winning that bloc before the DNC primaries began. This same bloc has consistently voted all white democrat candidates.

Are you in essence saying the black electorate cant think?

Negro_Ntns:

Democrats sure are showing us Leadership by not foreseeing that McCain could make this move he did with Palin. cheesy

no they didnt foresee this. That's true . . . one thing they have no control over though is the fact that race is the REAL unseen force that will determine this election. All this hoopla about "issues" is just a smokescreen.

In an ideal world, republicans wont win the white house. But of course we are in a real world not an ideal one.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by NegroNtns(m): 11:28pm On Sep 10, 2008
Really? Clinton was handily winning that bloc before the DNC primaries began. This same bloc has consistently voted all white democrat candidates.

Do they know why they voted for those candidates? Blacks were going to vote against Obama and treat him like thay have done Jesse Jackson and Sharpton. Their change of heart came about when he won Iowa. They saw him as a liability, only changed sides when they realized he could be an asset. But they never asked in what ways his resources could benefit their dienfranchised needs. In case you haven't noticed, Obama's platform is all mainstream focused. He is yet to visit one ghetto to campaign beside familiar grounds of southside of Chicago. He has not gone to HBCU to rally. It is symbolic! In addition, it delivers the promise from which his acceptance speech was resucitated.

Are you in essence saying the black electorate can't think?

C'mon David, look around you man. Look, the whites set up establishments in the black neighborhoods and ran their businesses and made the black man a consumer but he has no political voice in the management of his community. Then the whites left and sold those businesses to the jews and they did the same thing. Meanwhile the black communities continue to deteriorate but he keeps spending his dollars in the stores buying liquor, getting drunk and committing crimes, violated his household and then his community and he goes to jail and thus loses his voting rights. Then the jews sold it to the indians and pakistanis and they did the same thing, took that black mans money on payday and set up check cashing places for him in the liquor store so it makes easier to spend it right inthere, . . then the asians are leaving and are selling it to mexicans,

I willlet you answer your own question. How do you have political independence in your own community when the economy of your community is controlled and the power of influence is ruled by dollar that you have given away to those that are foreign to your community and have no vested interest in your development?

no they didnt foresee this. That's true . . . one thing they have no control over though is the fact that race is the REAL unseen force that will determine this election. All this hoopla about "issues" is just a smokescreen.

In an ideal world, republicans wont win the white house. But of course we are in a real world not an ideal one.

Obama can win this election, its not late. But in order for thatto happen, DNC must make some quick and dramatic changes. Hillary Clinton is the only right now in that party that understand how to squeeze Republicans balls and make them bend on their knees. She does not look for friends and her utterances are not measured when she is ticked off. Put her in a role that will afford her a voice to fire verbal missiles at Republicans. Once she is there in that position, then you instigate Republicans to piss her off and then stand clear and let her do her thing. Trust me, Obama will be in White House on January 20th, 2009.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

I don't think I need to answer that one. But if its not already apparent then I will give it voice.

In a world that is continously changing and small nations are suddenly amassing stockpiles of armaments and alliances and axis of pilitical and military treaties are unpredictable; I am not sure that any of these candidates would love to highlight a foreign based opinion that favor their camp as a credit for their qualification to be Commander in Chief. I hope DNC does not put that out in the news and I hope the file and rank of democrats will not herald that as a claim or support thereof for why Barack should be the President. No candidate when it comes to American security wants their popularity to be earned in the streets of foreign nations, regardless if its an ally nation or not.

Oh boy, are you sure you know what NATO symbolizes? For starters NATO is no more "foreign" than CENTCOM is to the US.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by TopBanana: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2008
Negro_Ntns why can't you answer a simple question? This was the question you were asked , stop all this mango mango dodgdy dodgdy reply. "Are you in essence saying the black electorate can't think"?

Please explain this to me :Why do minority in every country in the world vote for Labour/Democrates?
Here in England Blacks, poor whites, Indians, Pakistanis all vote Labour/Democrates.
So all  minority people no they think except you abi. Oloshi.
This is Negro mentality to think that only black people vote for Labour/Democrates.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2008
TopBanana:

Negro_Ntns why can't you answer a simple question? This was the question you were asked , stop all this mango mango dodgdy dodgdy reply. "Are you in essence saying the black electorate can't think"?

Let me take a jab at this. I don’t believe that is what she is saying at all. I believe she does make a valid point considering the situation in black America today. There are definitely the educated and liberated but those continue to remain in the minority.

TopBanana:

Please explain this to me :Why do minority in every country in the world vote for Labour/Democrates?

How come the conservative party still win elections? I mean look at countries like france, the UK etc. Here in America, white America is close to being reduced to a minority, yet conservative forces somehow, still win elections. I believe that would be because minorities do not all vote the Labour/Democrates in all countries of the world.

TopBanana:

Here in England Blacks, poor whites, Indians, Pakistanis all vote Labour/Democrates.
So all  minority people no they think except you abi. Oloshi.
This is Negro mentality to think that only black people vote for Labour/Democrates.

I disagree with you there. If they all vote the Labour party, how come the conservative party is still in charge, to a large extent? By the way, not all minorities vote democrats. Look at the last election in the London.

I am hoping this is not another one of those tireless "REPUBLICANS ARE EVIL BECAUSE I VOTE DEMOCRAT" debates. You tire quickly of those after one or two elections here. lol
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by NegroNtns(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2008
RichyBlack,

The President of America is the Commander in Chief of American forces, not the CiC of NATO. General Wesley Clark, who once was a Commander of NATO ran in 2004 in the Presidential primaries of the Democratic party, beside the mention of that leadership as a resume material there were never any claim of credit on his popularity amongst European military leaders and this was at a time when Iraq was a very hot bed and Americans were getting killed by the dozens a day. So if a NATO commander ran away from such credits, do you not know that it will be foolish for Obama to claim it.

But oh, I forgot you are democrat, you all don't review past performances for improvement opportunities. You accumulate liabilities in every election season! Go ahead and put that European favorite liability on Obama so we can vote him, go ahead!

@last poster asking me to answer if blacks think or not.
First, I only trade jibes like "oloshi" with people I'm familiar with. Beside meeting you on this thread you and I are not that close to trade such words with one another and if you are someone I know, then your name here is not a familiar one and until you reveal who you are I'm going to ask you cut out the insult!

The pattern of minorities voting for certain politically labeled parties as evidence of reasoning is embarassing and insulting to the brain. A party can call itself anything it wants. Ideology is what matters - is it conservative, is it libertarian or is it independent. Sometimes parties change their ideologies but not the name. So if you remain with a party because it is liberal or because a large number of its members are people that look like you then that's far from thinking. Minorities are always in a struggle for rights and equality and freedom and etc so social movement of any kind appeal to us and if a party has all the appeal of a movement then we drift to it believing it will elevate us and deliver to us the equality, freedom and rights we yearn for. That's kool! The dimension I'm adding is that these days political endorsements by a bloc is a negotiating tool and blacks are not using that tool. We are still voting by default of the movement appeal in a party.

Now, to people that have been in politics a long time and understand electoral process, I do not need to repeat what I just clarified for you. They understood my first response on the question. Some people like you are new into politics, introduced to it by the appeal of Obama's movement for change. You are following Obama by default and its not that I did not answer the question, the problem is yours, you are not understanding the principles I inferred in my principles in any case, I hope my break down clarified it for you.
Re: Why is Palin scared To face the Press? by NegroNtns(m): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2008
RichyBlack,

The President of America is the Commander in Chief of American forces, not the CiC of NATO. General Wesley Clark, who once was a Commander of NATO ran in 2004 in the Presidential primaries of the Democratic party, beside the mention of that leadership as a resume material there were never any claim of credit on his popularity amongst European military leaders and this was at a time when Iraq was a very hot bed and Americans were getting killed by the dozens a day. So if a NATO commander ran away from such credits, do you not know that it will be foolish for Obama to claim it.

But oh, I forgot you are democrat, you all don't review past performances for improvement opportunities. You accumulate liabilities in every election season! Go ahead and put that European favorite liability on Obama so we can vote him, go ahead!

@topBanana,

First, I only trade jibes like "oloshi" with people I'm familiar with. Beside meeting you on this thread you and I are not that close to trade such words with one another and if you are someone I know, then your name here is not a familiar one and until you reveal who you are I'm going to ask you cut out the insult!

The pattern of minorities voting for certain politically labeled parties as evidence of reasoning is embarassing and insulting to the brain. A party can call itself anything it wants. Ideology is what matters - is it conservative, is it libertarian or is it independent. Sometimes parties change their ideologies but not the name. So if you remain with a party because it is liberal or because a large number of its members are people that look like you then that's far from thinking. Minorities are always in a struggle for rights and equality and freedom and etc so social movement of any kind appeal to us and if a party has all the appeal of a movement then we drift to it believing it will elevate us and deliver to us the equality, freedom and rights we yearn for. That's kool! The dimension I'm adding is that these days political endorsements by a bloc is a negotiating tool and blacks are not using that tool. We are still voting by default of the movement appeal in a party.

Now, to people that have been in politics a long time and understand electoral process, I do not need to repeat what I just clarified for you. They understood my first response on the question. Some people like you are new into politics, introduced to it by the appeal of Obama's movement for change. You are following Obama by default and its not that I did not answer the question, the problem is yours, you are not understanding the principles I inferred in my principles in any case, I hope my break down clarified it for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iran Backs Out, No Ship To Gaza! / VIDEO: Soldiers From Other ECOWAS Countries Occupy The Streets Of Gambia / Saudi Arabia Threatens To Build Own Nukes If Iran Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.