Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nigeria And Online Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria And Online Scam (981 Views)

Nigerians, Please Read This To Avoid Online Scam / Beware Of I'M Joy Type Of Online Scam. See Chat Lines. / List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And Online Scam by waleleader(m): 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2006
Last week i tried to sell an item on ebay, the auction was supposed to be sold to a guy in New York. It turned out it was a scam guy from Ogbomosho in Nigeria that was pretending to be a New yorker. He sent me various fake emails supposedly from paypal telling me that he had paid money into my account and i should send the item to him in Nigeria. "I dey Craze".
i know this story is not new to y'all that have been doing e-business or been frequent on the net, but it was most embarrassing that he was Nigerian just like most Online Scammers and that he still tried to con me even though he could tell from my USERNAME that I am Nigerian. Somebody tell me what is wrong with our country people?
Re: Nigeria And Online Scam by shawna(f): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2006
hmmm they r just tryin to make a living like anyone else only its at the expense of someone else next time be careful u should know better undecided
Re: Nigeria And Online Scam by getrich(m): 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2006
Hi walelead,
It is very unfortunate that some unscrupulous elements term "yahoo yahoo"boys are making internet unbearable for some of us that doing legit online business in Nigeria.

And this a case of what goes around,comes around.What imean by that statement is that,this rogues call "yahoo yahoo"boys have being defrauding innocent foreigners have their hard earned money right here in Nigeria in our cyber cafes scatter all the country and we co users seems to be doing nothing about it,but thank God for the effort the EFCC is recently putting up to combat this menace.

One thing i believe is that ,the yahoo yahoo boys are numbered as some Nigerians have started tarping from the huge income opportunities the internet portend for us.We will be the one to be arresting ourself as your own case is a very good pointer to this prediction.

I am wishing you a pleasant online success.

(1) (Reply)

Wicked,see What A Man Did To His Wife / Singer Tiwa Banks Brutally Attacked By Landlord’s Son, HOSPITALISED! / Human Body Parts Fall From The Sky In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.