Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President (1649 Views)

Fake Linkedin Profile Created For Iranian President / Iranian President On West Africa Tour / Eu Delegates Walk Out On Iranian President's Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by youngies(m): 11:25am On Sep 10, 2008
AN Israeli Cabinet minister and onetime spy who helped kidnap Nazi mastermind Adolf Eichmann and bring him to trial has said the same tactic could be used on Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Ahmadinejad is feared and reviled in Israel because of his repeated calls to wipe the Jewish State off the map. His aggressive pursuit of nuclear technology has only fueled Israel's fears.

"A man like Ahmadinejad who threatens genocide has to be brought for trial in The Hague," seat of the international war crimes tribunal, The Associated Press (AP) yesterday quoted Rafi Eitan as saying. "And all options are open in terms of how he should be brought."

Asked if kidnapping was acceptable, Eitan replied "Yes. Any way to bring him for trial in The Hague is a possibility."

Read more

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/world/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=100908&ptitle=Israeli%20minister%20floats%20plan%20to%20abduct%20Iranian%20president

Now this is some news! This Israel sef
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by QuotaSyste(m): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2008
Good to hear this news. Let Israel use kidnapping system to bring him to trial. I know Israel can do it. That mullah jihadist has had tood much sniffing thinking about how to wipe Israel out. Instead, he should be thinking about how to share his Palistinian people among all muslim arab countries so peace will reign in this world. Palistinias are not many, so share them among ten arab countries and the problem will be solved.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by youngies(m): 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2008
Are you being serious or is it just your way of talking?

Kidnap the President of a sovereign nation because he is running his mouth? Who isn't running their mouth in this God forsaken world?
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by Aussie(m): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2008
Our world is not God-foresaken, maybe urs.

Isreal can DO IT.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by youngies(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2008
Is it that they can do it or they should do it?
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by grafikdon: 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2008
They should do it! I am tired of all these overly sensitive and extremely intolerant ''Jihadists'' that won't allow us breath some fresh air.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by QuotaSyste(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2008
youngies:

Are you being serious or is it just your way of talking?

Kidnap the President of a sovereign nation because he is running his mouth? Who isn't running their mouth in this God forsaken world?
Sovereign country my arrsss. Remind me of any other president that is openly calling for the distruction and wiping out of Israel from world's map. I wait for your reminder. You are not elected to a presidency of a sovereign nation to be calling for wiping out of Israel. Do it and Israelis have the right by any means to bring you to justice.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by youngies(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2008
grafikdon:

They should do it! I am tired of all these overly sensitive and extremely intolerant ''Jihadists'' that won't allow us breath some fresh air.

Should they do it on the basis of you being tired of these "sensitive and extremely intolerant Jihadists" running their mouth or that Ahmadinejad can actually drive Israel to the sea and wipe them off the map?
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by grafikdon: 12:44pm On Sep 10, 2008
youngies:

Should they do it on the basis of you being tired of these "sensitive and extremely intolerant Jihadists" running their mouth or that Ahmadinejad can actually drive Israel to the sea and wipe them off the map?

Your answer is up there. . . I wouldn't take it as an idle talk of a delirious jihadist if I were Israel.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by youngies(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Sovereign country my arrsss. Remind me of any other president that is openly calling for the distruction and wiping out of Israel from world's map. I wait for your reminder. You are not elected to a presidency of a sovereign nation to be calling for wiping out of Israel. Do it and Israelis have the right by any means to bring you to justice.
If your call is solely on the vituperations of Ahmadinejad, then where is the "freedom of speech or expression" being touted by the west? Shouldn't Israel also oil their propaganda machine and do same (like they are doing now)

Does Ahmadinejad have the capacity to see through his threat of wiping Israel of the map?
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by QuotaSyste(m): 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
youngies:

If your call is solely on the vituperations of Ahmadinejad, then where is the "freedom of speech or expression" being touted by the west? Shouldn't Israel also oil their propaganda machine and do same (like they are doing now)

Does Ahmadinejad have the capacity to see through his threat of wiping Israel of the map?
Yes freedom of speech? Good. There is also freedom to defend one's self when being attacked or plans being on the way for attack. Like someone said above, I wouldn't take as an idle talk of a delirious jihadist if I were Israel. If you think he don't have the capacity, then i have a bridge to sell you.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by youngies(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Yes freedom of speech? Good. There is also freedom to defend one's self when being attacked or plans being on the way for attack. Like someone said above, I wouldn't take as an idle talk of a delirious jihadist if I were Israel. If you think he don't have the capacity, then i have a bridge to sell you.

If there is something that I am missing here, do well to inform me. Is it acceptable to strike a neighbour because he called you names without touching you or simply rather because he is a "delirious jihadist"? Wouldn't you be charged with assult?

Do well also to furnish us with info about the alleged capability and capacity of Ahmadinejad to drive Israel into the sea
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2008
youngies stop being a hypocrite. Would you be saying the same thing if Ehud Olmert was constantly and openly calling for the destruction of the Palestinian people?

Besides your title is very misleading. You quote the PERSONAL OPINION of just one man and than use it to smear the Israeli state? Is it official policy to kidnap Ahmedinejad?
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by youngies(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2008
davidylan:

youngies stop being a hypocrite. Would you be saying the same thing if Ehud Olmert was constantly and openly calling for the destruction of the Palestinian people?

David sentiments aside, will it be justifiable should Iran kidnap Olmert because of his constant blabs against the Palestinain people?

Besides your title is very misleading. You quote the PERSONAL OPINION of just one man and than use it to smear the Israeli state? Is it official policy to kidnap Ahmedinejad?

Thanks for pointing this out, it was never intentional
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by TopBanana: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2008
Wetin concern us
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2008
If Ahmedinejad has the right to make statements he likes then Israel has the right to take actions he likes to.

If Osama should come out on T.V and say he would destroy a country do you expect the country to wait or say its own back?

Most people would take a pre emptive measure which could take any form. Kidnap being an option.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by naijaking1: 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2008
Guys, is there any way Israel can abduct our own president and other corrupt politicians in Nigeria?
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2008
youngies:

David sentiments aside, will it be justifiable should Iran kidnap Olmert because of his constant blabs against the Palestinain people?

sentiments aside, will it be justifiable if the president of Cameroun kept threatening to sweep Nigeria into the atlantic? Would you keep quiet?
Sentiments aside, what if Olmert kept threatening to destroy Iran? Would you shrug it off?
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by blackspade(m): 3:40am On Sep 11, 2008
Bleep Israel. What they are doing to the Palestinians is barbaric. It's ironic how 90% of Jews in Israel were originally fleeing from genocide, but what are they doing to the Palestinians? Leave Ahmadinejad alone, he has done more for Iran than any leader there has ever done.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by RichyBlacK(m): 9:01am On Sep 11, 2008
blackspade:

Bleep Israel. What they are doing to the Palestinians is barbaric. It's ironic how 90% of Jews in Israel were originally fleeing from genocide, but what are they doing to the Palestinians? Leave Ahmadinejad alone, he has done more for Iran than any leader there has ever done.

Excellent comment! (But let's not f-ck the few peaceful Israelis - the rest of them belligerent Zionists should go to hell!)
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by RichyBlacK(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2008

"A man like Ahmadinejad who threatens genocide has to be brought for trial in The Hague," seat of the international war crimes tribunal, The Associated Press (AP) yesterday quoted Rafi Eitan as saying. "And all options are open in terms of how he should be brought."

While Ahmadinejad is "threatening" genocide, the Apartheid state of Israel has long started its genocide program!
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by RichyBlacK(m): 9:28am On Sep 11, 2008
Furthermore, Ahmadinejad never stated that Israel "be wiped off the map". Farsi (Persian) does not have that idiomatic expression! Western media outlets have seized on a translation error to sell the hype. Also, the obvious Western bias against peaceful Iran (peaceful because Iran is a nation that has never initiated any military action against any other nation, unlike war-hungry Israel and war-mongering America) has given the false interpretation a life of its own. Western propagandists have and will continue to use this erroneous interpretation to justify hostilities against the Islamic Republic. 

"Shiraz Dossa, a professor of Political Science at St. Francis University in Nova Scotia, Canada who presented a paper at a conference in Iran, defended Ahmadinejad:

Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that "the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time." No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation—"wipe Israel off the map"—suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations. The notion that Iran can "wipe out" U.S.-backed, nuclear-armed Israel is ludicrous."

(Source: Shiraz Dossa (June 2007). "Canadian The Explanation We Never Heard, Volume 15, Number 5". Literary Review of Canada.) 
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by Afam(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2008
Abduct Ahmed ke? Israel wey no fit defeat Hezbollah want to abduct the president of Iran?

Abeg, wey that Tom & Jerry make I watch better thing joo
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2008
Ok , please tell me this is a joke, LMAO!!!
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by Afam(m): 11:39am On Sep 12, 2008
As they say

Facts don't lie

Facts don't change

So, embrace facts and truth and your life will be smooth and peaceful.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by youngies(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2008
What is FACT and TRUTH here?

Can't FACT and TRUTH be relative, depending on who is saying it and who is listening to it?
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by Afam(m): 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
Why don't you start by telling us what you consider as fact or truth or what you don't consider as fact or truth?

No sir, fact is not relative. Fact is something that is established. OBJ is male, that is a fact. It does not matter whether you believe he is a female or not. This is an example of fact. Relativity does not hold water here.

Truth is also not relative. Understanding of the truth based on perception, experience or preference may be relative but truth in itself is not relative. Israel is carrying out calculated genocide against the Palestinian people. This is truth and it is not relative. That the Western media gives out sometimes distorted information about what is happening does not make the truth relative.

All in all and quite unfortunately too, many of us take sides on issues concerning ethnicity, religion, race or gender without considering the issues based on merits or demerits.

People come to the table with pre determined mindsets and of course anyone that does not agree with them becomes an enemy instantly.

May God Help us all.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by 4Play(m): 12:56am On Sep 13, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Furthermore, Ahmadinejad never stated that Israel "be wiped off the map". Farsi (Persian) does not have that idiomatic expression! Western media outlets have seized on a translation error to sell the hype.

He further expressed his firm belief that the new wave of confrontations generated in Palestine and the growing turmoil in the Islamic world would in no time wipe Israel away.

The above is a translation of the statement according to the Iranian state media:http://www.president.ir/eng/ahmadinejad/cronicnews/1384/08/4/index-e.htm#b3
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by RichyBlacK(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2008
4 Play,

The idiomatic expressions "wipe off the map" and "wipe away" are not identical by any stretch. 

(A) "wipe away": remove by wiping (www.thefreedictionary.com)
(B) "wipe off the map":  To destroy completely; annihilate (www.thefreedictionary.com)

While idiom A implies a gradual, non-violent, removal of, e.g., a stain, idiom B implies a swift, violent, obliteration of, e.g., a human settlement. Clearly, they are different. However, Western media outlets have equated these two idioms.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by grafikdon: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2008
@Richy, take it easy o . What are you a lawyer? Why are you playing with words? Ahmadinejad is prancing all over the place, huffing, puffing and holding seminars titled " A World Without Zionists". According to him, anyone who acknowledges the [b]right of Israel to exist [/b]will face the wrath Allah. . . I can provide you a million examples of his overt prescription of genocide to Israel and anyone who refuses to proclaim "Death to the Zionists Dogs".

The way I see it, when a delirious Jihadist beheads an "infidel", you will surely tell us to suck it up because we are looking at a human head painted on a tuber of yam. . . grin grin grin
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by TheSly: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2008
RichyBlacK:

4 Play,

The idiomatic expressions "wipe off the map" and "wipe away" are not identical by any stretch.

(A) "wipe away": remove by wiping (www.thefreedictionary.com)
(B) "wipe off the map": To destroy completely; annihilate (www.thefreedictionary.com)

While idiom A implies a gradual, non-violent, removal of, e.g., a stain, idiom B implies a swift, violent, obliteration of, e.g., a human settlement. Clearly, they are different. However, Western media outlets have equated these two idioms.
A'jad would deny these if you ask him to ascertain what he meant by the statement.
Even a toddler wouldnt have any problem deciphering what he was talking about by his ''wipe away'' statement.
Re: Israel Plans To Abduct Iranian President by RichyBlacK(m): 5:13am On Sep 14, 2008
The Sly:

A'jad would deny these if you ask him to ascertain what he meant by the statement.
Even a toddler wouldnt have any problem deciphering what he was talking about by his ''wipe away'' statement.

Precisely the reason that toddlers run present US foreign policy. The interpretation of such a statement by a toddler is predictable and lacks the appreciation of idiomatic nuances. After all how can a toddler distinguish "wipe away" from "wipe off the map" - they both contain "wipe"!

Western interpretation of non-Western speech has always been one of suspicion and ignorance; not surprised.

It is this suspicion and ignorance of all things non-Western that's at the core of the stand-off with Iran. Ahmadinejad has said countless times that Iran seeks nuclear technology for peaceful purposes, however, what the West, in particular America hears is "Iran is seeking nuclear weapons to destroy Israel".

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Scam Called Hiv Test ! / PHOTO: Man Grows Breasts After Sleeping With Neighbour's Wife / Burundi Is Only Country In Africa Without reported Covid 19. This Is The Secret.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.