Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers (3311 Views)

“i’m Not Hungry But I’m Not Very Comfortable” – Mode Nine / Mode Nine's Paradigm Shift: A Critical Review / Why Mode Nine Is Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by Wordsmith(m): 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2008
Ouch! Lol, Yo kaydee, easy man! Lol, you don't have to sling em slurs.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by walttt(m): 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2008
pity y'all r taking bout Ruggedy n that wanksta, mode 9. OMG, y did it ve to take me this long to see this thread?

ok 1st of all, who da Bleep made Mode 9 a rap doctor? dat suddenly he wannarun around and tell us on sound city da other day that he's feeling a couple of rappers, ut there's alotta rappers he ain't feeling, n he refused to name names. c'mon we all know he's got issues with the likes of ruggedy n 2shotz, who do their thang in pidgin.

and who da Bleep says mode9 is a better lyricist? for all i care, he should go f**k himself. the only thing i like bout him is that he's a Gunner just as i is. lissen y'all u gotta understand the dynamics of hiphop n rap. Just cos the ATL bois dont got da tight rap lines don't mean they're not keeping it real? matter off fact we all know the emphasis of hiphop done shifted to the derrrty south, midwest n co. the likes of MosDef, Talib Kweli, Common, and Nas r lyricists, but whenever their albums hit the market, they bomb cos of poor sales. And we knoe everybody is in the show biz to eat, to get their piece of the cake. That's y Fif, Outkast n Joe Camel(jigga) r bigger boiz, cos they got lyrics n strong choruses for the chicks. So mode9 might be a self acclaimed lyricist, but he gotta understand that everybody's got some depth of lyricism or wordplay in them(even the fuji n juju acts!) n he gotta respect that. y'all should go n lissen to rugged's first album, there were a lot of tracks which were not popular that he freestyled, n they were tight. Mode's good, but he dont have to think he's gonna trend set for others, cos he's just a toddler in da game.

though i love guys who could spit sraight in pidgin absentia, i still got mad respect for peeps who do it in pidgin, cos atimes, their flow's way better.

I think they should just kill the beef , cos btw them, ain't nono of 'em is the rap king of Naija. the crown belong to some1 else, YES BOSS, WFA, NAETO C. i mean, where da Bleep did this dude come from? that he just had to raise the bar sooo highhhhh(John Legend)! Gawd, the very first naija rap cd that i didn't ve to skip tracks to lissen to. Naeto's hottt. go lissen to trax like devil is a liar, Gidi, superman, damn, everything was good. , beats, hook, flow, damn, i'm outta here!
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by Wordsmith(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2008
No offence waltt, but that Naeto C's album was the damn wackest piece of shit released this year. Out of 5 mics, i'd rate it 2, and if i want to be lenient, 2.5. As the number of tracks progressed, so does the bullshit. . . damn, so real wack shit, can't believe i wasted N150. . .
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by skingo(m): 8:06pm On Oct 01, 2008
naeto c's album is ok. just ok. kini big deal was the only track that spins me.
everything else is not working for me. im still waiting on sauce kids album.
as far as modenine, there is nothing else that guy can say to make me like him.
not to say he cant rap. i just do not like the songs he raps on, and how he raps.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by AfrknKngs(m): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2008
I agree w/ Skingo, da only thing about naeto c is "kini big deal", Like I said b4, Show me a song where rugged calle Mode9 out directly then I will shut up, for da fact that y'all keep callin mode a pussy is juss plain Stupid!!! "Mode9 a pussy cos he didnt calle rugged out" but that can be easily said towards rugged aswell, So wtva b da case, itz all going in circles, No one is waiting on Sauce kid's album jare, when it comes it will come, What you should be impatient for is African Kings' Album =D Now that's something to be impatient for, Links http://www.myspace.com/theafricankings
No swagger like theirs,

~We Are AKS~

Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by skingo(m): 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2008
everyone is waiting for saucekids album.
even you need topick up his stuff so u can improve your stuff.
betterstill, give it up already. suckers
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by HYBRIDX(m): 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2008
hmmmmmmmmm!!!! mode9 and rugged man . , . . . . no comment . . . . .one thing i knw for sure is that making good muzic is ULTIMATE. . . . that musiz the people gonnna connect with matters the most . . . i gots to give it to M.I that dudes tyte . . . .very marketable on a global /international level . . . .so is Naeto C ,
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by AfrknKngs(m): 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2008
Skingo deh vex?? Pele oooh, Lol, I hurrd that African Kings killed da crowd in NY, Wish I was there, But I will stay tuned and post pictures of them =D Also, Lol, I no go lie u now, If da album comes out I will listen to hear what he gots, and if he impresses me, then I will be real with it, But as for now, African Kings are on my TOP list, They know how to rock a crowd, Unlike ur fake Sauce Kid, Gangster wannabe!!! Infact u berra stop holding yourself back and juss SOLE! JULE! because u love them, =D NDU

~We Are AKS~

Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by lalaboi(m): 8:41am On Oct 02, 2008
hey u aks

are u not one of aks? wich 1 u dey talk again?

if u r not one of then! that means they are paying u for all he mouthing and hyping u do hia abi? why should ppl then bliv anything u say since ur motivation of doing this is most probably the money?,
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by walttt(m): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2008
No offence waltt, but that Naeto C's album was the damn wackest piece of shit released this year. Out of 5 mics, i'D rate it 2, and if i want to be lenient, 2.5. As the number of tracks progressed, so does the bullshit. . . damn, so real wack shit, can't believe i wasted N150. . .

angry undecidedWTF do u mean wordsmith? u say Naeto's album was dumb? dude i see u prolly started lissening to rap say, yrs ago! Nigga y u b h8n? abi Naeto snatch ur babe? C'mon tell me u didn't feel songs like Ringtone, Made in Lagos, Gidi,Sittin on top, U know my P, cmon apprec8.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by javalove(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2008
walttt:

pity y'all r taking bout Ruggedy n that wanksta, mode 9. OMG, y did it ve to take me this long to see this thread?

ok 1st of all, who da mess made Mode 9 a rap doctor? that suddenly he wannarun around and tell us on sound city da other day that he's feeling a couple of rappers, ut there's alotta rappers he ain't feeling, n he refused to name names. c'mon we all know he's got issues with the likes of ruggedy n 2shotz, who do their thang in pidgin.

and who da mess says mode9 is a better lyricist? for all i care, he should go f**k himself. the only thing i like bout him is that he's a Gunner just as i is. lissen y'all u gotta understand the dynamics of hiphop n rap. Just because the ATL bois don't got da tight rap lines don't mean they're not keeping it real? matter off fact we all know the emphasis of hiphop done shifted to the derrrty south, midwest n co. the likes of MosDef, Talib Kweli, Common, and Nas r lyricists, but whenever their albums hit the market, they bomb because of poor sales. And we knoe everybody is in the show biz to eat, to get their piece of the cake. That's y Fif, Outkast n Joe Camel(jigga) r bigger boiz, because they got lyrics n strong choruses for the chicks. So mode9 might be a self acclaimed lyricist, but he gotta understand that everybody's got some depth of lyricism or wordplay in them(even the fuji n juju acts!) n he gotta respect that. y'all should go n lissen to rugged's first album, there were a lot of tracks which were not popular that he freestyled, n they were tight. Mode's good, but he don't have to think he's going to trend set for others, because he's just a toddler in da game.

though i love guys who could spit sraight in pidgin absentia, i still got mad respect for peeps who do it in pidgin, because atimes, their flow's way better.

I think they should just kill the beef , because between them, ain't nono of 'em is the rap king of Naija. the crown belong to someone else, YES BOSS, WFA, NAETO C. i mean, where da mess did this dude come from? that he just had to raise the bar sooo highhhhh(John Legend)! Gawd, the very first naija rap cd that i didn't ve to skip tracks to lissen to. Naeto's hottt. go lissen to trax like devil is a liar, Gidi, superman, damn, everything was good. , beats, hook, flow, damn, i'm out of here!

listen to urself talk i wont comment too much on ur post. all i can say is that skingo has started initiating some peeps into the stupid kingdom. What has rapping in pidgin got to do with being tite? Who says modenine and 2shotz have beefs? Omo u be mumu of the highest order. Modenine has rapped in pidgin not once or twice and u come on here saying bollocks. go hang urself somewhere man,
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by skingo(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2008
this is javaloves plight to make modenine a current issue on nairaland.
let me be the first to LMAO on this thread, spit on it, and leave. never coming back. Bleep u and yor modenine impresonations. 300000000 threads igf u like, modenine has promotion on mtv and channel o and he still aint shit. so stop spamming me on nairaland.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by AfrknKngs(m): 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2008
lalaboi:

hey u aks

are u not one of aks? wich 1 u dey talk again?

if u r not one of then! that means they are paying u for all he mouthing and hyping u do hia abi? why should people then bliv anything u say since ur motivation of doing this is most probably the money?,

2 be honest with you, I am not any of their member, but u see, I know one of them personally and these niggas are hard working peeps with no support from any1 and watching them making it is what encourages me to rep them anywhere anytime, That's what a true fan is all about, When I see niggas like Saucekid trying to bash their name for no reason juss coz he feels threatened by their success, I feel like its my job 2 stop these folks, and bring the truth to da table, I kno am gonna get bashed on this but I gotta say it, Nigerians are followers!!! Whenever someone says sumtn bad, they are quick to join without even knowing what they are hating on, and once they here it, they like "Dayum! these niggas are actually HOT" like I said I was one of them too, and figured there's no point of hating, As Nigerians we should be all be focused on one goal, which is putting Nigeria on the map! For peeps that never represented Naija in Dallas, these niggas are finally putting Naija out there,

It's juss a matter of time, una go see! Like I said ama keep reppin these niggas all da way, Babalola(Sauce kid) has been doing this for a min and seeing these upcoming artists achieving their goals faster, his becoming impatient and looks for a strategy to stop them! Lol, He will never have what AKS has, They enetertain, they bring performance to da table, Not no fake Gangster wannabe rappers, Gba beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin grin

~We Are AKS~

Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by Scopium: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2008
[size=13pt]kaydee is dissing posters instead of addressing the post. Should I blame his immaturity? Let the dead bury the dead. Ruggedman is good, Mode9 is good. They all do what they know best using different approach.[/size]
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by dammiecool(m): 11:08am On Oct 06, 2008
if u wana talk about me
talk am make i hear
i no get 2 heads make u no fear
if u want 2 point a finger
poin right at me
I think mode should at least mention RUGGED MAN 2 clear up dis matter i dont like hidin btw 2 many word.If u want 2 fight a war be a man and have ur own stand.
As for rugged I dont think is right for him to metion name dis time cos he didnt start d war.Let the stater mention name.(mode) then action go begin, infact d war go sweet since una no want one love.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by kaydee(m): 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2008
dammiecool:

if u wana talk about me
talk am make i hear
i no get 2 heads make u no fear
if u want 2 point a finger
poin right at me
I think mode should at least mention RUGGED MAN 2 clear up this matter i don't like hidin between 2 many word.If u want 2 fight a war be a man and have ur own stand.
As for rugged I don't think is right for him to metion name this time because he didnt start d war.Let the stater mention name.(mode) then action go begin, infact d war go sweet since una no want one love.

"U're lost like a person without a map"
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by initialize(m): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2008
@ Java

you,re the most stup*d fan I've ever encountered in my life, this is my first time of entering this section but I'm sure I'll come around often because of s/cumbags like you. How dare you compare the baba with modenine. I remember their first tracks(rugged and modenine), try listening to eh-en and "about to get ugly" then compare the two artist base on their intro to the music world.

I'll tell you a fact that can't be disputed, Rugged started with all what modenine is trying to do today, when you talk about punchlines, tight lyrics, metaphor and all the lyrical content you might want to hear when you listen to rap music, when you listen to rugged's Peace or War or Big bros you'll hear what a proper dissing sounds like. when it comes to dissing straight at someone, mode really needs to learn from rugged cos rugged ain't afraid of anyone, not even the self acclaimed BIG Bros of Nigerian Entertainment.

If you say rugged didn't mention mode's name means is a coward then you must be s*lly, Rugged is simply showing maturity because you know he's good at naming names (If he can diss the pioneers of nigerian entertainment then, so who the F**k is modenine ). Also from the modenine lyrics you supplied, he too never mentioned rugged's name cos their are many baba's in the Industry. If you are close to Modenine(I know you are cos I'm sure he paid you for this) advise him to hit the nail on the head by going further in his lyrics to mention Ruggedman or Ruggedy Baba which happen to be rugged stage name and see if the likes of you will ever be able to sign in to this site not to talk of contributing or posting in this forum.

NB: I'm not a Modenine hater, just trying to be realistic and give honour to who honour is due. RUGGED man is Nigeria's Hip -hop saviour cos i remember the sigidi gbon, hankahone, inkophne days we spent before he opened our eyes and hear to enjoy the sound of a perfectly African blend hiphop genre which he(rugged) always supply, Listen to OPomulero and you'll understand not the foreign rap . rugged "cleared the whole area, now real rappers have a say too. Mode nine fo postrate to rugged and say you are sorry cos I know you can never diss Hip VT not to talk of the whole Kennis/primet VT.

Lastly, if you want to compare Rugged and Mode on the same platform go listen to TWO's since you be gone track(tribute to Jaiye) then come back to comment further.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by AfrknKngs(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2008
initialize:

@ Java

you,re the most stup*d fan I've ever encountered in my life, this is my first time of entering this section but I'm sure I'll come around often because of s/cumbags like you. How dare you compare the baba with modenine. I remember their first tracks(rugged and modenine), try listening to eh-en and "about to get ugly" then compare the two artist base on their intro to the music world.

I'll tell you a fact that can't be disputed, Rugged started with all what modenine is trying to do today, when you talk about punchlines, tight lyrics, metaphor and all the lyrical content you might want to hear when you listen to rap music, when you listen to rugged's Peace or War or Big bros you'll hear what a proper dissing sounds like. when it comes to dissing straight at someone, mode really needs to learn from rugged because rugged ain't afraid of anyone, not even the self acclaimed BIG Bros of Nigerian Entertainment.

If you say rugged didn't mention mode's name means is a coward then you must be s*lly, Rugged is simply showing maturity because you know he's good at naming names (If he can diss the pioneers of nigerian entertainment then, so who the F**k is modenine ). Also from the modenine lyrics you supplied, he too never mentioned rugged's name because their are many baba's in the Industry. If you are close to Modenine(I know you are because I'm sure he paid you for this) advise him to hit the nail on the head by going further in his lyrics to mention Ruggedman or Ruggedy Baba which happen to be rugged stage name and see if the likes of you will ever be able to sign in to this site not to talk of contributing or posting in this forum.

NB: I'm not a Modenine hater, just trying to be realistic and give honour to who honour is due. RUGGED man is Nigeria's Hip -hop saviour because i remember the sigidi gbon, hankahone, inkophne days we spent before he opened our eyes and hear to enjoy the sound of a perfectly African blend hiphop genre which he(rugged) always supply, Listen to OPomulero and you'll understand not the foreign rap . rugged "cleared the whole area, now real rappers have a say too. Mode nine fo postrate to rugged and say you are sorry because I know you can never diss Hip VT not to talk of the whole Kennis/primet VT.

Lastly, if you want to compare Rugged and Mode on the same platform go listen to TWO's since you be gone track(tribute to Jaiye) then come back to comment further.

Chill out dude! How easy is it to say that rugged paid u for backing him up, I swear, I hate when peeps talk all dat shit juss because they think it sounds cool or maybe feel like they clownin someone, who gives a damn if rugged this Naija entertainment if he like, diss da president, who cares?? Itz not like they would respond with another diss track towards rugged! Ur justifications twrds rugged not calling mode's name is flat out wack!! Rugged diss mode, mode diss rugged, but y'all are QUICK to call mode a coward for not callin rugged's name, but when rugged does da same(not callin mode's name out), y'all wanna justify it by saying he's more mature, Please weigh that for me,

Mode=Coward Rugged=Mature

Do u see what I mean? Thats stupid!! We could say da same exact thing about rugged, Mode was mature for not calling rugged's name, and since rugged aint scurrd of shit, he shud have juss called mode out, go all raw up his ass, BUT NO!!! He didnt, that's cause Mode wud have chewed this nigga up! If not, gave him a challenge fuh real, Be Fukkin Real dawg!!!

an to all those suckers out there, I AM NOT AFRICAN KINGS, I am not part of their member, I AM JUSS REPPING WHO I STAND FOR Yah digg?? So get ova it!

Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by kaypumpin2(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2008
u knw after all said and done i did my best to eventually download the africkng's track, Gold digger and ahem ahem, i dnt knw if it was a dissapointment as a result of afrkng's over praise of these guys or simply cos the song didnt just cut it for me.Afrkng ,are these the peeps uv been cryin frm roof top will shoot Sauce down?Advise em guys to just quit rapping for real.That track was just mediocrity @ its worst.The beat was slurry,the rhyming was elementary and the whole packaging was wack,if u knw what i mean.Really i have nufin personal against em guys,but if u can get me another of there song that has punchline,metaphor and all em hip hop element u seem to castigate Sauce for,den post it please but this one song is just simply ridiculous.

@Java

Please say the truth,how cld u yab Ruggedy and be on the same page wiv african kings?Double standard if u must ask me.
Now to the issue of Mode 9 and Rugged man,my 2 cents is just that,comparing them is like comparin Sugar and Salt.Both av 2 different ways of sweetening.Its like sayin the best student in commerce class is nothing compared to the best student in science class.I feel u can like Nas and like Ludacris.Both can even feature in same song as Nas featured Luda in i made u look.The issue of keepin it real is another discussion for another day as i feel keepin it real is being yourself,not wat others think or feel you shld be.If all rappers go the way of Mode 9 wat song are we gonna be bumpin to(now dnt tell me fake up in the club is a club banger even as much as mode try to sound clubby) in the club.I'd like you to read Kweli's interview with HHW(a naija entertainment magazine) and rap man's view on issues that bothers on keepin it real and connectin wit ur pple.None of them were castigatory on rappers with soft underbelly wen it comes to spittin metaphors.Hip hop is evolvin mon ami.Even rappers like Terry(if i catch u) and Ill (ibo boy)are comin up with tracks that are commercially inclined really, So jsut be broad minded on this issue and slow down on ur rugged slander.I love both of and incidentally Mode's One amongst many and Rugged's Rugeddy Baba lined up after each other in my car loader since last yr October and i jsut cant get enuff of em.

And also can u help me with some of Mode's song pre-pentium 9?
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by FLOWSHOW: 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2008
kay_pumpin:

u knw after all said and done i did my best to eventually download the africkng's track, Gold digger and ahem ahem, i dnt knw if it was a dissapointment as a result of afrkng's over praise of these guys or simply because the song didnt just cut it for me.Afrkng ,are these the peeps uv been cryin frm roof top will shoot Sauce down?Advise em guys to just quit rapping for real.That track was just mediocrity @ its worst.The beat was slurry,the rhyming was elementary and the whole packaging was wack,if u knw what i mean.Really i have nufin personal against em guys,but if u can get me another of there song that has punchline,metaphor and all em hip hop element u seem to castigate Sauce for,den post it please but this one song is just simply ridiculous.

And also can u help me with some of Mode's song pre-pentium 9?

AFRICANKINGS ARE A COMPLETE DISGRACE TO NAIJA HIPHOP. COMPARING THEM TO SAUCE IS LIKE COMPARING A NURSERY SCH BOYS TO A GRANDPA, AFRICANKINGS PLS STOP TRYING.

@RUGGED MODE9 SAGA
RUGGEDMAN HAS NAMED NAMES , MODE9 CANNOT MENTION HALF OF WHAT RUGGED MENTION . MODE9 IS A SCRED CROW. HE IS NOT A REAL MAN. HIPHOP IS NOT FOR THE WEAKHEARTED . MODE9 IS A DISGRACEFUL COWARD FOR NOT CALLING RUGGEDMAN NAME
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by skingo(m): 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2008
FLOWSHOW:

AFRICANKINGS ARE A COMPLETE DISGRACE TO NAIJA HIPHOP. COMPARING THEM TO SAUCE IS LIKE COMPARING A NURSERY SCH BOYS TO A GRANDPA, AFRICANKINGS please STOP TRYING.

@RUGGED MODE9 SAGA
RUGGEDMAN HAS NAMED NAMES , MODE9 CANNOT MENTION HALF OF WHAT RUGGED MENTION . MODE9 IS A SCRED CROW. HE IS NOT A REAL MAN. HIPHOP IS NOT FOR THE WEAKHEARTED . MODE9 IS A DISGRACEFUL COWARD FOR NOT CALLING RUGGEDMAN NAME

abi na me be the only hiphop head before. aks have no throne, and they are not fit to represent africa as a brand. its not a good look.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by javalove(m): 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2008
initialize:

@ Java

you,re the most stup*d fan I've ever encountered in my life, this is my first time of entering this section but I'm sure I'll come around often because of s/cumbags like you

Who be this one? Come around, u are most wmed. we have peeps like u here already in person of skingo and his crew. You have my 10 pounds if u are more stupid and foolish than them, skingo especially.

How dare you compare the baba with modenine. I remember their first tracks(rugged and modenine), try listening to eh-en and "about to get ugly" then compare the two artist base on their intro to the music world.

Where the heck did u stop in school? How many times would have to explain to u guys what rugged did was publicity stunts? Any rapper, wack or not can do that. While modenine believed in his skills to bring him ti limelight, rugged believed in stepping on people to get top. I'm not saying its a wrong thing he did because its part f hiphop. Picture this. Okocha is faced with 3 defenders in the box eighteen, he gets pass them with his skills and scores. Rooney is faced with the same scenario, he can't dribble them so he plays the ball to the hands of one of the defenders and the refree awards a penalty. He also scores. While Rooney's skills cud not get him the goal, the rules did and thats what ruggedman is doing. I think U and I would prefer our skills bringing us to glory in anything we do.

The fact that he dissed Eedris and he dissed him well brought him glory. Nothing more. Nothing less and that was the beginning of his career.

I'll tell you a fact that can't be disputed, Rugged started with all what modenine is trying to do today, when you talk about punchlines, tight lyrics, metaphor and all the lyrical content you might want to hear when you listen to rap music,  when you listen to rugged's Peace or War or Big bros you'll hear what a proper dissing sounds like. when it comes to dissing straight at someone, mode really needs to learn from rugged because rugged ain't afraid of anyone, not even the self acclaimed BIG Bros of Nigerian Entertainment.

ROTLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!   didnt want to ya u until the last paragraph of my post but i'm no sorry to say that u are a fool. not only that oo, u are mad as well. Did I hear u well? Ruggedman? Tight lyrics, Metaphors, Punchlines? Since its ur first time in this section, i would want u to know that posting of lyrics to back up ur points are nessecary. I beg of u post the tight lyrics of rugged. The punchlines, the metaphors u taled about That guy id not rating first 20 in lyrics in this country. quote me anywhere. I'v heeared Peace or war die!!!

Modenine is not trying to do punchline or mataphor today. Its sometg he has started since!!!!!!! and since he has started, no nigerian rapper, i repeat no rapper does lyrics better than him. Take a survey of modenine fans and ask them why they feel him. They would tell u he's a poet and its a fact. If u think I'm lying, ask Jay-Z.

Big Bros? Have u ased why he dissed them? They were trying to block his moves and shield him from coming out big. He made a track directed at them and made it big again. Hope u are following the trend. He yabbed Eedris, yabbed the Big Bros. If u say rugged is not afraid of anyone, u are nasing it on past glory. let him those that would murder him now. Let him mention mdenine's name. Shebi na in sabi mention name, why e dey fear.

Eedris, rasquie and co are all lyrical cowards. They can't battle so rugged did it and got away with it. Abeg, if u sabi rugged, tell am say modenine dey wait am.

If you say rugged didn't mention mode's name means is a coward then you must be s*lly, Rugged is simply showing maturity because you know he's good at naming names (If he can diss the pioneers of nigerian entertainment then, so who the F**k is modenine ).

Hear this fool. Rugged is known for mentioning names, so what stops him from mentioning modenine. How old areyou sef? Mode doesnt have a record of mentioning names, its rugged that has that. So what stops him from mentioning modenine's name. The Big bros u are talking about caused that for themselves. U need to know now that the era of mentioning names for ruggedman is over. with the calibre of rappers we have in naija now (modenine d king, terry, freestyle, OD, AKS and co), if he tries it. them go ruin in career for am.

Also from the modenine lyrics you supplied, he too never mentioned rugged's name because their are many baba's in the Industry. If you are close to Modenine(I know you are because I'm sure he paid you for this) advise him to hit the nail on the head by going further in his lyrics to mention Ruggedman or Ruggedy Baba which happen to be rugged stage name and see if the likes of you will ever be able to sign in to this site not to talk of contributing or posting in this forum.

man you are a fool. Again and again, u keep justifying why i call u that. There is an open air beef b/w ruggedy baba and modenine. Modenine enters the studio to throw subliminals at a "baba" who happens to be ruggedy baba. Is it ruggedman that is foolish or his fans. Wh did he reply with "Banging" if it wasnt him that mode was refering to.

Here's the sweetest part, this baba, that baba/ u not the father/ u got intellect myopia/ so when i-diss-a-baba/ its not ethiopia!!!!

When modenie disses a baba (Adiss Ababa), its not ethiopia, then who? Answer me fool who? Who is he having open air beef with with baba in his name. Why can't his cowardly boldness (oxymoron) push him to do same, at least wordplay with modenine's name. Meeen, once again, u re a fool.

NB: I'm not a Modenine hater, just trying to be realistic and give honour to who honour is due. RUGGED man is Nigeria's Hip -hop saviour because i remember the sigidi gbon, hankahone, inkophne days we spent before he opened our eyes and hear to enjoy the sound of a perfectly African blend hiphop genre which he(rugged) always supply, Listen to OPomulero and you'll understand not the foreign rap . rugged "cleared the whole area, now real rappers have a say too. Mode nine fo postrate to rugged and say you are sorry because I know you can never diss Hip VT not to talk of the whole Kennis/primet VT.

If rugged had not dissed those guys, we would have still heared the songs we are hearing today. We would have still had mode, terry, OD, illblis and co giving us good music. What rugged successfully did was a forced change of orientation on us (which i commend him for). Just chill, modenie has the baton now and he's carrying us along with what he has to offer, which ruggedman can only dream of having.

RAP can't be redefined. RAP is Rhythimatically applied poetry. The person who rhymes better, more poetic with his flows oer a good beat is the better rapper. Forget the word "afro". You can have nigerian inclined lyrics, but it doesnt mean "afro". A nigerian can have ghanian inclined lyrics, it doesnt mean "afro". Same with sports, politics, education and every aspect of life can be touched with RAP. From my assesment, where does ur ruggedman stand.?

I don hear am wella. I don watch the video sef. I gbadun my man modenine well. His lyrcis were tight.

Finally, (the yab paragraph)

You are a fool (once again). If u are too daft to decipher what modenine spits, u better drop out of school. How on earth can u compare ruggedman to modenine.? [b[ His resume got the naked truth covered up[b/]. I can stand comparisons wth 2shots, freestyle and co but not rugged abeg. Let ruggedman do collabo withall him pals to address mode, nothing go happen,

[b]
In any nation before a war commences, the army generals of a nation reach out to percieved freidnly nations to merge soilders and all tools of war. Ask why? They are doing that to go to war with the strongest possible force. Its no doubt that the strongest force in naija hip hop is modenine.

Liste fool, not reconcialatios with eedris wwud be enough to save rugged when modenine arrives on him with his lyrcis of assunder and wrath!!!!

Not collabos with durella would the dere to save him when push comes to shove!!!!

Come on rugged, what u need is men, not boys!!!

If u think u are too dumb to understand all i have posted, den don't come hear again.!!!!!!

I have spoken.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by Sauron1: 9:28pm On Oct 07, 2008
Ruggedman is miles better than Mode9.

Mode-what?? He raps like a puppy. . . . No breath control, no rhythm, no lyrical nous.
In DJ Jimmy Jatt's "Stylee", Mode9's rhymes were so wack he needs to be told to consider another profession.
With his weight, i suggest he should try FARMING!!! tongue
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by kaypumpin2(m): 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2008
@java

i think this whole rugged man mode 9 thingy is gettin way too personal.You can stand african kings and 2 short and think Rugged is wack?me feel thats a ludicrous assessment and the standard u r settin for comparison keeps shiftin.Anyways,every one is entitled to their own opinion,however riduculous.

Much luv mode n rugged! peace out
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by A40(m): 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
They are both ok in their own way.Mode is good though so is Rugged but these guys are just clowns let them take it to the streets if they are about that action i think both of them are beating around the bush i am not even gonna get myself concerned about these cats that wouldn't even call each others names on wax
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by initialize(m): 12:22am On Oct 08, 2008
@java

You still refer me to JayZ as one of those feeling you hyped Mode, You must be S*lly. Don't you know that mode stole Jigga's Girls, Girls, Girls concept from which he wrote the Nigerian girls track, If you talk about Rappers/MC's making good music and classical Performances you go watch rugged on stage and see what he's capable of. He's the best Nigeria Rap performer on stage and don't think your sucker is next cos we still have good performers like Naeto C, Rooftops,

When you talk about african rap kings, I wonder what number the likes of Mode9 will be ranked because the best of the best rappers in always rap in their local dialete, take for example: Tictac, tinny, Kabelo, jozi, Rugged, Dagrin etc

If you think Mode is the best in Nigeria, I wonder what will happen to him if he's told to go represent Nigeria in USA and he goes there and start rappin like he does(i'm sure he will sound wack to them because he's copied most of their lyrics.)

Talking about rugged ability: you said he's good at lyrics, let me tell you that's a special gift that most rap artist wish they have(ask people like Game, DMX). Game is having problems just because 50 isn't doing the chorus, and you can check out lil wayne when he sings the chorus.

I know I can't change your believe cos ur mind is already made up but I know what thing for sure, no matter how much you hype you mode I still tell you his musical career can't last long enough because he's not what we African are proud of as our rapper.

If you want to listen to good African rap, I recommend you go pick up DAGRIN's album and listen to some of his collabo's with sheyman, YQ and others. that's what I call real african lyrics and not what mode speaks
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by kaydee(m): 12:49am On Oct 08, 2008
@ Java

Man!!!! U've got time oh! Schooling fools that will never understand.Their IQs as low as their GP.U should have noticed that my debate around here is with Wordsmith and not those people who Ruggedman saved from Eedris.Stop wasting ur time man!
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by skingo(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2008
nah, let him continue to easte his time. u knw something is wrong with the bastard when he claims aks are the best round naija hiphop. then he claims modenine is the best. modenine aint nothing more than critical acclaim, read up critical acclaim and see why he fits in this category. im done with this weak ass subject, sounds like a bad verse.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by eleshin(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2008
listening to mode9 usually reminds me of llcoolj of old not new,same rap style same rhytm,he is just too stagnant a musician for me,though rugged also look like apretender to me but i use to feel him far far far better than mode9.i'm soorry my opinion is personal and i realy dont expect anybody to get angry but i cant waste my money on mode9 cd. 4 rugged i can borrow and copy it on my lappy.
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by javalove(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2008
initialize:

@java

You still refer me to JayZ as one of those feeling you hyped Mode, You must be S*lly. Don't you know that mode stole Jigga's Girls, Girls, Girls concept from which he wrote the Nigerian girls track,

I thought ur next post wud come without any abuse but it did.

It wasn't Nigerian Gals Jay-Z hailed. He hailed the track he did with terry - Spazmodic. Dont let me start analysing that track for u cos with ur IQ, e go difficult for u to understand.

If you talk about Rappers/MC's making good music and classical Performances you go watch rugged on stage and see what he's capable of. He's the best Nigeria Rap performer on stage and don't think your sucker is next because we still have good performers like Naeto C, Rooftops,  

Well, he might not be the best stage performer we have in this country. Una won kill am? Everyone has his/her opinion what to expect from a stage performance. As for me, no one rocks the stage better than Eedris!!!! Thats one person I enjoy watching on stage.

How many of modenine's stage performance have u ever in ur life seen judge. I can bet u havent seen any. Your foolishness wud make u talk from abstract and not on facts and figures. suegbe.

When you talk about african rap kings, I wonder what number the likes of Mode9 will be ranked because the best of the best rappers in always rap in their local dialete, take for example: Tictac, tinny, Kabelo, jozi, Rugged, Dagrin etc

Mo ri r e oooo. What the hell has rapping in local dialect got to do with being king. Stupid you!!!  Is pidgin our local dialect? Has ruggedman rapped in ibo and won award with it? Man ur stupidity is frightening!!

There is not dialect modenine canot rap in. Is it because most of his raps are in the best and complete queens english? Even at that, there is still a fusion of where he comes from in his lyrics. How many of modenine's tracks ave u heared sef?

I cause more harm than drugs with no NAFDAC number
Go ahead talk about me on another song/ "oloshi" i cause u out in my mother tongue
Life is rougher than the runway of lagos airport, so i try not to crashland when i air thoughts

Sooo many of his songs have naija inclined lyrics in them. Just because they are not done in pidgin, its hard for u to understand them. Every beef about modenine on this forum is mostly because he doesnt rap in pidgin and who says he cant rap in pidgin? Have u the track "small boy" or "no be small thing ft tuface"? Man go get a life.

If you think Mode is the best in Nigeria, I wonder what will happen to him if he's told to go represent Nigeria in USA and he goes there and start rappin like he does(i'm sure he will sound wack to them because he's copied most of their lyrics.)

Mode wud rep us well and really well. What the hell are u talking about. Mode can do rap in any dialect and still remain hard!!!! The similies, the mataphors, the poetry and all other figurative rap entails wud not be missing, even if he raps in Ibo. Who told u he copied their lyrics. WHich one of them did he copy, man i thin m wasting my time with u cos u just talking without facts!!!! He wud bridge the gap b/w us an them with his lyrics. They wud understand whatever our culture is, its meanings and all when they listen to modenine than rugged!!! I stand to be corrected!!!!

Talking about rugged ability: you said he's good at lyrics, let me tell you that's a special gift that most rap artist wish they have(ask people like Game, DMX). Game is having problems just because 50 isn't doing the chorus, and you can check out little wayne when he sings the chorus.

Once again, you are fool. I said post ruggedy's best rap line u have ever heared that can stand that of mode, or OD or Illblis or freestyle sef. Lets hear them. We are intellects here and no fool can just come and talk and feel he has made a point. When u make points, back them up. Shebi u be die hard fan of rugged and u v probably heared his songs more than us, omo go and sit down somewhere.

I know I can't change your believe because ur mind is already made up but I know what thing for sure, no matter how much you hype you mode I still tell you his musical career can't last long enough because he's not what we African are proud of as our rapper.

If you want to listen to good African rap, I recommend you go pick up DAGRIN's album and listen to some of his collabo's with sheyman, YQ and others. that's what I call real african lyrics and not what mode speaks

RAP is RAP. whether african or asian or european.

~Sauron~:

Ruggedman is miles better than Mode9.

Mode-what?? He raps like a puppy. . . . No breath control, no rhythm, no lyrical nous.
In DJ Jimmy Jatt's "Stylee", Mode9's rhymes were so wack he needs to be told to consider another profession.
With his weight, i suggest he should try FARMING!!! tongue

Not funny.

kaydee:

@ Java

Man!!!! U've got time oh! Schooling fools that will never understand.Their IQs as low as their GP.U should have noticed that my debate around here is with Wordsmith and not those people who Ruggedman saved from Eedris.Stop wasting ur time man!

No mind them. I v told them that I m not only here to speak my mind. I'm also here to tell all modenine's haters to go to hell!!!!

Oya, make una begin dey attack my post
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by Sauron1: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2008
I don't need to attack your comments. . . . .

Only retardz listen to Mode9. . . . .
Ruggedman is the best MC that has ever touched the mic in Nigeria.
His poetry, lyrical prowess, wordplay, delivery and wide range of subjects is top drawer.

I am yet to see a more complete album in Nigeria like THY ALBUM COME.
Every track on the album was loaded with high degrees of lyrical nous(something MODE9 lacks humongously).
Get real and stop propagating chaff here.

Rugged rules the roost(at least for now)!!!
Re: Mode Nine Addressing The Haters And Talkers by FLOWSHOW: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2008
@sauron
lolooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Names Of Nigerian Female Names Used As Song Titles!! / "i'm Thinking Of Signing Faze And 2face"-akon Say So. / Dj Ambo - Best Of Burna Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.