Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

My Web Pages Are Distorted On Different Display Screen. What's The Way Out - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Web Pages Are Distorted On Different Display Screen. What's The Way Out (1731 Views)

My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) / Please Lead Me How To Create My Web Site For My Business / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Web Pages Are Distorted On Different Display Screen. What's The Way Out by ladimbiz: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2006
Pls Sir,

I designed web pages using DELL display with resolution 800X600 (true color) 32 bit 60 Hertz.

On viewing the web pages on a flat sceen I found out my designs did not cover the whole screen - just 3/4 from the left of the screen was covered.

Kindly advice me what to do to correct this distortion as this makes my design unprofessional.

Thanks.
Re: My Web Pages Are Distorted On Different Display Screen. What's The Way Out by smartsoft(m): 11:12pm On Jul 05, 2006
Gosh, ! that as happen to me several times well when you wanna use your laptop to design again, always move your page to the center of the page you are using,so that when viewing on a larger screen, your page would be at the center of the screen, in most cases it covers the whole screen it depends on the monitor resolution.
Re: My Web Pages Are Distorted On Different Display Screen. What's The Way Out by onydchic(f): 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2006
If ur making use of tables or divs, you could just place everything in one big table, or div, and set its align property to "center", that way no matter the width of your screen the whole thing would be smack dab in the center. Wont advocate tables though, they're becoming inferior to divs in loading. HOWEVER, if not, well, i guess you just have to centralise everything dont you? Bbut i found that desnt work much for images, or maybe its just me.
Re: My Web Pages Are Distorted On Different Display Screen. What's The Way Out by skima(m): 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2006
Set your table/div width and height to 800*600 then centralised it. Have you ever viewed yahoo page on ur system? You will see it stand in the center and the width and height fit with it.

just do that.

(1) (Reply)

Niit Vs Abtech / Performance Of Our Moderator / Dear Programmer, I Have An Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.