Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (512226 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2006
Keep on am enjoying the argument.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2006
@Akola

Who says Gallas is not a finished product? its been said severally that he is a very good player and i do not see any reason for duplicating it in different threads, moreso what source are u quoting about his being the fastest footballer

Why the comparison between players at this point in time, well as for sheva and henry , u just wait till end of the season to see for your self the better one based on goals, u can be sure Sheva might not be in the top 3 scorers in the EPLtongue tongue

Why the issue of Kanu coming up now obviously as at the time he left he was surplus to the requirements of the gaffer's gameplan. tongue tongue

@Amodu

Don't enjoy the argument , contribute!!! tongue grin
As if he was the only player to come to Arsenal as an established player shocked shocked what of Bergkamp that was 3rd best player in the World as at 1994 , na wah o shocked

Are you saying that Pennant's game did not get any improved under Wenger? abeg bros you are wrong, but yet Pennant remains a very undisciplined player, even Benitez will tell you he will have to go on fasting as per keeping Jermaine and Bellamy, 2 bad boys in his team

Truly Francis Jeffers was a dissapointment, but who ever said its not allowed for Coaches to make mistakes shocked shocked afterall they are human beings abi na human beans them be grin grin

@Amodu

Don't enjoy the argument, contribute!!! tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2006
@Kitaun

I dont like comparison.

I spoke to Nairaland Gunner immediately we buy Sheva and i said i never like him. Though on paper, he is a proven Striker but he hardly contribute other things to the team. Sheva and Ronaldinho is never my kind of player.

## Back to the thread:

kitaun:

(1) moreso what source are u quoting about his being the fastest footballer

(2) Truly Francis Jeffers was a dissapointment, but who ever said its not allowed for Coaches to make mistakes shocked shocked afterall they are human beings abi na human beans them be grin grin

1) I read it in a magazine but you may choose not to believe me.

2) Nairaland Gunners hardly amit that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2006
@ akola

some of us are objective, i wd appreciate it if u didnt lump all gunners together, some are still a bit hot-headed and need to cool down a bit.

@ jackal I am waiting for your list. If u can name 100, i'll name 1,000 that Wenger improved grin grin

do you want me to list players that deteriorated at man u or even chelsea? dude read my former posts - no coach is 100%, but i respectfully submit that Monsieur Wenger is one of the best at his job out there, and thats a fact whether you admit it or not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2006
debosky:

@ akola

some of us are objective, i wd appreciate it if u didnt lump all gunners together, some are still a bit hot-headed and need to cool down a bit.

Please name just 5 of you, i will like to know them beside Lordimpaq.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2006
arsenal 2 dynamo 1

ljungberg and flamini shocked
nice games those boys waited till the dons were brought in befroe they cud score
way to go walcott ure the man
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2006
well i respectfully list myself as one, i don't really know too much about most other nl gunners, but i'm sure there are some objective ones among them.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2006
At the risk of sounding immodest myself, i believe i am objective cool and quite truly there are a few other objective gooners too, Gaskiya and moreso how many objective Blues do we have here on Nairaland grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2006
clears throat

At the risk of sounding like a hooligan  grin, i don't think im objective afterall my post are my own opinion!! I AM A PASSIONATE ARSENAL FAN AND BEING OBJECTIVE IS NOT MY WATCHWORD!! 

with other teams i might be nuetral and not objective!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2006
LOL

Is there even a price for objectivity grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2006
Guess not
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2006
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:57am On Aug 25, 2006
debosky:

well i respectfully list myself as one

kitaun:

i believe i am objective

LoverBwoy:

I AM A PASSIONATE ARSENAL FAN AND BEING OBJECTIVE IS NOT MY WATCHWORD!!

mukina2:

i am among cheesy

At this junction, no comment.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 7:52am On Aug 25, 2006
When u guys say you are objective, do u guys know what objective means,

it means taking sentiments aside and viewing it from a realist point of view,

i don't intend to get praises for this statement if some of u think that is what i'm after, u are dead wrong

when u are objective, your justifications, claims and conclusions are unaffected by emotions and sentiments.,

When u make an objective statement, it means making statements based on the obvious
and based on the facts observable

Sorry to say but most Gunners are not objective, likewise fans from other teams , i wont mention names,

But we gunners tend to overlook and i[b]gnore observable facts[/b] and just jump to conclusion all in the name of the defence of our team, which is very unnecessary,

I still remain a gunner forever because some of you might want to question my stand as to which team i support, i can confidently say i am a gunner and i'm proud to be one, and i'm a gunner forever, but if my team plays badly i am ready to point it out, rather than make flimsy excuses,

ciao.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 9:21am On Aug 25, 2006
Hmmmm, objectivity ??

I'm counting smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2006
lordi i know am one, grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2006
really
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2006
i am angry tongue tongue loser shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 5:20pm On Aug 25, 2006
MUKINA

NO BE YOUR FAULT NOW
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2006
@Lordimpaq

Maybe you should start mentioning objective and non objective chaps on this board since it seems even Akola and Jackal will give their tongue to say you are the most objective guy around and you have been able to give us all a good lecture on Objectivity, that sure makes you an authority on objectivity cool

I bet the average gooner will read your comments and shake his head because even Akola will not openly diss his fellow chelsea supporters nor Jackal his fellow Man utd chaps as u have angry shocked grin

Nobody needs doubt your allegiance to Arsenal or otherwise, because its not going to put food on anyone's table, we might be passionate about things but still we must maintain our right senses cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2006
Objectivity!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bagoma(f): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2006
who started this objectivity talk sef angry

as far as i'm concerned that word is not even in the dictionary! cool

oya go call police tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2006
ask them oo
this people trouble us and when we act they say we are not objective angry
objective kei
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 2:19am On Aug 26, 2006
lordimpaq:

When u guys say you are objective, do u guys know what objective means,

i don't intend to get praises for this statement if some of u think that is what i'm after, u are dead wrong

when u are objective, your justifications, claims and conclusions are unaffected by emotions and sentiments.,

When u make an objective statement, it means making statements based on the obvious

Sorry to say but most Gunners are not objective, likewise fans from other teams , i wont mention names,

But we gunners tend to overlook and i[b]gnore observable facts[/b] and just jump to conclusion all in the name of the defence of our team, which is very unnecessary,

I still remain a gunner forever because some of you might want to question my stand as to which team i support, i can confidently say i am a gunner and i'm proud to be one, and i'm a gunner forever, but if my team plays badly i am ready to point it out, rather than make flimsy excuses,

ciao.

I am sorry to say but u don't make any sense instead you are trying to be apologetic to the same people that aint objective themselves !!

what you call filmsy excuse could be "statements based on the obvious
and based on the facts [b]observable
[/b] and that is the person's opinion! that is what the person observed!

just because one fan make a claim or mistake EVERY GUNNER get CLASSIFIED nairaland_gunner this n that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:38am On Aug 26, 2006
lordimpaq:

[size=14pt]But we gunners tend to [b]overlook and i[b]gnore observable facts[/b] and just jump to conclusion all in the name of the defence of our team, which is very unnecessary,
[/b][/size]

Continue to be fair my brother, it will help you in all your endeavours.

bagoma:

who started this objectivity talk sef angry

as far as i'm concerned that word is not even in the dictionary! cool

oya go call police tongue

On this note i SUSPEND myself from further comments on Arsenal and Wenger on this forum.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2006
amennnnnnnnnn

akola lordi always supports you thats why you say he's objective angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Grizzly(m): 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2006
Ok whats all this about objectivity,
ready to hoist man city yet, ?
sup mukks, ? wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2006
hey grizz where were you hiding angry tongue

we are not chelsea we will win
wanna bet wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Grizzly(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2006
Of course! why not, ? grin
Ur opening perfomance gave me all the courage i need, cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2006
at least we drew one and will win one

you won 3-0 superb third goal by drogba
only to lose again to boro grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Grizzly(m): 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2006
U and I know boro are giant-killers
They always tend to win the big clubs: Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U. . .
All u have to do i wait for ur turn, shocked cool,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2006
we are waiting for them
we aint the blues or the red devils we are the gunners and our arsenal is never empty shocked cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.