Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nigeria And The 3g Network System Introduction. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria And The 3g Network System Introduction. (1283 Views)

How Do I Activate 3g Network On My Etisalat Sim / Solution To Getting BIS Edge Or 3g Network Symbol On Android. / Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And The 3g Network System Introduction. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 05, 2006
Nigerians should be informed about the plans of the federal Government in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Communication to upgrade our telephony system most especially our GSM system, into the usage of the 3G(Third Generation Wireless system).

Key features of 3G systems are a high degree of commonality of design worldwide, compatibility of services, use of small pocket terminals with worldwide roaming capability, Internet and other multimedia applications,Videos and photos exchange and a wide range of services and terminals.

So people in the GSM sales business should please take note and make sure that they import phones with the 3G network system and the end users should check to see that the phones that they are buying, also has the 3G system.
Re: Nigeria And The 3g Network System Introduction. by Fdeveloper(m): 9:02am On Jul 06, 2006
sirbuddy:

Nigerians should be informed about the plans of the federal Government in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Communication to upgrade our telephony system most especially our GSM system, into the usage of the 3G(Third Generation Wireless system).
Funny, I didn't know that 3G applied to any other technology apart from GSM and more importantly surely it's up to the operators to decide whether or not to deploy a 3G network and not the government.

sirbuddy:
Key features of 3G systems are a high degree of commonality of design worldwide, compatibility of services, use of small pocket terminals with worldwide roaming capability, Internet and other multimedia applications,Videos and photos exchange and a wide range of services and terminals.
Hmmm, I could be wrong but aren't these things already available with GSM?

sirbuddy:
So people in the GSM sales business should please take note and make sure that they import phones with the 3G network system and the end users should check to see that the phones that they are buying, also has the 3G system.
This is not necessary because in the event that the operators decide to deploy a 3G network, the existing networks will still remain in service as in the case in all countries where 3G is currently deployed.

I'm sorry but I think your post is inaccurate and misleading and clearly demonstrates that you have a fundamental lack of understanding about telephony in general and 3G & GSM in particular.

I would suggest you do a little more research,
Re: Nigeria And The 3g Network System Introduction. by Dclique(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2008
I stay in ikeja and my 3g service jst keps goin on and of.When i was in benin i didnt even get GPRS service talkless of 3g or EDGE.They really need to work on their data services
Re: Nigeria And The 3g Network System Introduction. by DAVE5(m): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2010
i am comfortable with ma non 3G,I browse at ease,download whatever i want when those with 3g phone come to me 4 help cos am da king,so why ask 4 more but it could be an added advantage.Haha

(1) (Reply)

Latest Gist From Mtn,celtel ,glo&mtel / Free Configuration / How Do I Save Prov Files When My Phone Says-total Number Of Setting Exsides 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.