Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) (1184 Views)

PHOTOS: Shocking Cover Of Kanye West New Album / Illuminati Again: See Kanye West’s New Album Title And Cover Insulting Jesus / D'banj Featured In 'Mercy' Kanye West's New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by Passworded: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2008
ha s any1 hrd the new kanye Jam. (love lockdown), very weak and disappointing, he shud be sued for that, ahah
of which it seems like the after effect of doing lollipop remix with lil wayne i guess, but thats not excuse enuf for a world class star to spit a wack track,

abeg if u av hrd the song, air ur views here,

I am totally disappointed @ him
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by 2kul: 7:42am On Sep 12, 2008
I personally liked the perfomance, d beats was dope,   d song aint evn out yet, so il jus keep my fingers crossed and wait 4 808's and HeartBeats to drop,  Kanye never dissapoints,  Kanye all day mayne
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by Passworded: 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2008
2kul

dat song is totally wack, that vocoder crap was totally out of place

y are u sayin he neva disappoints, Kanye just disapponted,
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by disease(m): 3:53pm On Oct 21, 2008
I was disappointed when I heard Kanye West's Love Lockdown. I like the vocoder idea but it was out of place.

Keep ur love lockdown
Ur love lockdown
So keep ur love lockdown

I prefer the second single 'Heartless'. I hope the album 808s & Heartbreaks will be good.
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by lalaboi(m): 3:57pm On Oct 21, 2008
personally i dnt see anything wrong with the song, i think maybe its because he is a rapper and started singing. dat why u lot are criticising. many ppl are feeling the track, its good to know that a good rapper changed his genre and still did well!

am sure if it wer a new artist, ppl will be reigning praises on the artist
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by ravenzord(m): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2008
Kanye's goin Snoop ways, singing instd of rapping.I guess his nu album will be more pop than rap.I suspected as much since seeing him sing on dat Jeezy track, I was lik stumped, Hip Hop is in a coma
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by maedan(f): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2008
woww. Hating the Love Lock Down Single? WHYYY! I loved it, different and cool, it sort of grows on you after listening to it once or twice. I loved the video too, I'm digging Kanye's new afro. Kanye "singing", believe me, sounds a lot better to me than some of his "rapping". Make una chill out now.
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by samboribo(m): 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2008
funny, there's nothing that 'ye sings/raps that i don't dig. he remains my favorite hip-hop act. and he is one artiste that gives his videos some serious concepts.

Flashing Lights
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by A40(m): 12:14am On Oct 22, 2008
That song was whack jare Kanye seems to be wanting to follow the 50cent route
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by tng(f): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2008
i thought it was good the first time i heard it.

I loved the video too,

Exactly. Same here
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by shotster50(m): 5:27am On Oct 25, 2008
I personally think  Kanye is on some new ish rite now. I can understand the stuff being said about the vocoder thingy but if you look past that, you will see someone trying to push new boundaries (which so many current so called hot rappers can't do) ,  listen to Heartless and Coldest Winter and tell me you don't feel it. Bottomline is like it or not, his new album is going to be hot,  ( even hotter than Curtis' yet again)  in that respect i don't think its a disappointment.
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by otoidea(m): 1:09am On Oct 29, 2008
just listen to urselves, arent you guys tired of hearing the same ol type of things from "musicians"
kanye isnt scared to switch it up and bring in something different he takes his music as an art. he can truly be called an "artist"!
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by bouzymill(m): 1:10am On Oct 29, 2008
Well! It's not really the singing part that really matters but the message! and 2 me it's noot really fallin from Kanye's standard, so it's cool (for his die hard fans)

the Vocoder thing ain't bad! That's what they use to capture people now! and Kanye puts business ahead of his game now, so you can't expect anything straight from the  guy'z heart,
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by kayc33(m): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2008
Tight song but wack video tongue lipsrsealed
my opinion cool
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by sunnykiss(m): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2008
hey see this thread also https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-209526.0.html  that is the album there is so dissapointing from kanye west, na wa 4 am ooooo, a whole kanye west, dey sing, ok

brian mcnight go soon dey rap also,

one thing i like about that love lockdown video is the African concept used in it, the masqurades, i love it, but that song should not have been done by kanye, cant imagine kanye west doing that song lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Kanye West New Track "love Lockdown": (a Major Disappointment) by Phillfree(m): 9:00pm On Mar 28, 2009
Love lockdown's not wacked, it's just that he went commercial. The song's cool

(1) (Reply)

Which 9ja Singer Do You Love The Most / New Videos From Kefee - Karoyovwe And Thank You / P Square Ft J. Martins E No Easy (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.