Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Courage To Succeed: An Inspirational Story. - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Courage To Succeed: An Inspirational Story. (3976 Views)

IT TAKES COURAGE / Courage! / Keeping Your Hope Alive (Inspirational Message) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Courage To Succeed: An Inspirational Story. by bolaoni(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2008
I am a Motivational Author and that is the reason I live. wink

Below is one of my best articles since I have been writing and it has changed a lot of lives. What do you think
about it?

The Courage To Succeed

Some days back, I had the opportunity of speaking with a lady and ever since I have not been able to erase the lessons I learnt that day from my memory. I just couldn't believe all I heard that precious night because it was like a story of impossibility. After listening to the lady's story, I promised myself I will have to share the story with everyone I know. I have shared it with my fiancee and she was as dazed as I was afterwards.

Abigael is a lady I have know for some months because she was staying with my neighbours. It took a while before I warmed up to her but after I did, we started talking little by little. The first time I asked how her work is going on, I was replied that it is not work but tutorial center. Being the time for JAMB Examination, I concluded she was preparing for her the examination.

I started getting baffled considering her age because she was in her late twenties. The next time I asked why she was just preparing for JAMB and she told me she left Secondary School in the 90s but had some personal issues that didn't allow her take her education seriously. I had no reason to doubt her but the next day, she came told me we needed to talk about our last discussion because she didn't tell me the full story. I told her she is welcomed anytime she wish to talk to me.

The opportunity came when I walked up to her and started sharing my own story and also my philosophies and the lessons I have learnt in life. This spurred her to open up to me and it is one of the most amazing stories I have ever heard. She first started by telling me all she told me initially were cooked up by her. I will try as much as possible to share the story she related to me but I am not assuring you of accuracy but you will still get a lot to learn from the story of this amazing lady.

Abigael grew up in a family, in a town in Ogun State, that believed it is a sheer waste of time to invest in the education of a female child. To complicate issues, she lost her father at an early age and her hope of getting educated at all was thrown out of the windows because her father was still contemplating sending her to school. The next head of the family told them point blank that no female child will ever go to school. Every attempt to make Abigael attend school was rebuffed by this man. She said seeing other kids go to school is a sight that pains her but she is too young and helpless to do anything about her situation.

At about age 11 or so, she was apprenticed to a soap maker so that she can learn the trade but she was turned to an errand girl or better still a house help by this woman. She said she did so many odd jobs for this woman throughout her stay with her and when it was four months to her rounding up her apprenticeship, the woman told her brother she is yet to master the "trade" and she will have to spend more time with her. Her brother promised to come for her at the expiration of their agreed period, which he did. At the end of her apprenticeship, she couldn't make any soap and she was asked to go into trading. She started with buying and selling of fresh fish and later turned into frying fish and then to frying Garri (cassava flakes) but all the businesses didn't turn to success because a lot of people were buying on credit.

At the end of the day, she got frustrated and she decided not to do any form of trading again. Succour came in the form of her cousin that came to the village from Lagos in 1995 or so, this cousin facilitated her coming to Lagos and she was apprenticed to another woman that promised to help improve her entrepreneurship drive by investing in her soap-making experience. It turned out that this woman didn't keep to her promise and she was turned to a sales girl.

Being in an academic community, the fire of getting educated was rekindled in her. Don't forget that she has NEVER being in the four walls of a classroom for even a second in her life and she was around 15 years old then. The customers of her boss were also encouraging her to go to school because they noticed she was intelligent. Luck brought a lady across her path who told her to tell her boss she operates a coaching center for kids. As fate would have it, her boss and her family was transfered inside Unilag Campus and they had to stop operating the business they were running. When the woman asked her what she wanted to do afterwards, she told her she would love to go to school.

She started attending the lady's coaching as a special student and she had to start from ABC at the age of 16 years. She was not perturbed by anything and she took everything serious. At a point one of the ladies on campus asked her what she was doing at the lady's place and when she told her, she was told an evening school exixts somewhere around. She immediately asked the lady to take her to the place and that was how she started in Primary two.

Abigael finished primary school at about twenty years and started an evening secondary school afterwards. She was forced to quit the home of her boss because there were so much pressure on her which were causing her to lose concentration on her studies. She went through a lot after that and even had to pick up a job at a pure water factory just for her to be able to pay her way to school. People that saw her determination to complete her education, came to her aid and she was helped in various degrees to the attainment of her goal.

As there is always a light at the end of every dark tunnel in life, Abigael, completed her secondary education. She even passed all her papers! The interesting part is that she completed her education at around 27 years of age, an age a lot of people have started working after their University education.

I was speechless for a long time after she finished narrating her story. I kept looking at her and was wondering what could have kept her going despite all the challenges she faced while pursuing her dreams. I have met people who use their parent's inability to send them to school as an excuse for not moving forward in life and here is someone that took her destiny in her hands and ensuring nothing stopped her from fulfilling her dream. I went to bed thinking about the lesson I have just being thought and I even woke up with the thought on my mind.

What will the world be like if we all follow our dreams? What would we have achieved if we have never allowed anything to stand in our ways of achieving our heart desires? As a dreamer, what price of discomfort are we willing to pay in order to achieve our dreams? This story calls for serious thought and decision as well. What are your excuses? What have you learnt from this story? What are you going to do about the lessons learnt? This is up to you.
Re: The Courage To Succeed: An Inspirational Story. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
Good day to you over there,am OLUJIDE GABRIEL.Am the CEO of O2 NIGERIA, an Oyo State soap manufacturing and training company.We train people and interested soap manufacturing company on how to produce,

[1] NATURAL HERBAL HONEY SOAP[the soap that clean any skin infection in just 10 days]

[2] MOSQUITO KILLER CANDLE

[3] ANTI MALARIA SOAP

[4] PRESERVED PEPPER[preserved pepper that can lasted for 1 good year]

[5] LAUNDRY SOAP

[6] ANTISEPTIC SOAP

[7] LIQUID SOAP

[8]BALM

[9] BODY CREAM

[10] MEDICATED HAIR CREAM etc.

To be sure, the scope of the company is not only withing Nigeria,as the company has engage in training different company workers in Ghana and some big soap company in Nigeria.

We also have a complete bar soap production tools [machine] to be sell to or trainees at a very low price

We also have explanatory bulk hand out that contain 15 different products
Our price are negotiable and you can start any of this product with as low as 10,000.00.We will also teach you how to build local machine with wood to start with and some or our product are available on request.

After the training ,we also teach our trainees how to manufacture the soap equipment by their self and we also offer door step training for individual or group in any part of the Nigeria and west africa.

We are open to more negotiation on how to work this out.

Thanks

OLUJIDE OLUWATOSIN
CEO
O2 NIGERIA
25,ikereku lay out,orita challenge,
Ibadan,oyo state ,Nigeria
o2nigeria@yahoo.com.
Re: The Courage To Succeed: An Inspirational Story. by alanrewaju: 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2011
@OP her story is touching, sincerely i pray for her kind of determination [though not her situation ].

(1) (Reply)

Manipulative Parents / Sex Poem (also An Ode To Gold Circle Condoms) / Popular Parables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.