Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,417 members, 7,861,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

See How Much You Know About The Religion Of The World's 1.3 Billion Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / See How Much You Know About The Religion Of The World's 1.3 Billion Muslims (908 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Islam As The Religion Of Violence / Islam The Religion Of Doom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much You Know About The Religion Of The World's 1.3 Billion Muslims by Cayon(f): 2:20am On Sep 12, 2008
Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of Islam

Q1. All the following are prophets in Islam, EXCEPT:
1. Jesus
2. Moses
3. Elijah Muhammad
4. Abraham
5. Adam

Q2. Hadith is:
1. A verse from the Qur'an
2. The first wife of the Prophet Muhammad
3. A verified statement or saying of the Prophet Muhammad
4. The name of an angel

Q3. All of the following are pillars of Islam, EXCEPT:
1. Prayer
2. Fasting
3. Prophethood
4. Charity
5. Pilgrimage

Q4. The difference between Sunni & Shi'a Islam is:
1. A doctrinal difference on the meaning of Allah
2. A political disagreement on the issue of leadership
3. A disagreement about the role of the Prophet Muhammad
4. A disagreement about how battles should be waged

Q5. In Islam, Mary is:
1. The mother of a figure who started a religious cult
2. A revered figure and virgin who miraculously gave birth to Jesus
3. A woman who claimed she gave birth to God’s only son
4. A historical figure who has no role in Islam

Q6. The word "Islam" means:
1. Justice and peace
2. Peace achieved through submission to God
3. Peace achieved through submission to the Prophet's message
4. The spread of peace around the world

Q7. Islam's holiest city is:
1. Medina
2. Mecca
3. Jerusalem
4. Baghdad
5. Monaco

Q8. The Hajj pilgrimage was originally started by:
1. Muhammad
2. Moses
3. Abraham
4. Joseph
5. Adam

Q9. Allah is:
1. The name of a distinct God that only Muslims worship
2. The name of God in Arabic
3. The name of God in Aramaic
4. A revered prophet in Islam

Q10. "Jihad" means:
1. Holy War
2. The inner struggle one endures to practice Islam
3. The physical struggle necessary to make Islam the world's dominant religion
4. Victory in the name of Islam

Q11. What is NOT prohibited in Islam?
1. Eating pork
2. Drinking alcohol
3. Eating fish
4. Premarital sex

Q12. The Prophet's first wife was all of the following, EXCEPT:
1. Older than he
2. A teenager
3. His only wife during the duration of their marriage
4. An affluent businesswoman
5. His closest confidante and companion

Q13. Which angel was charged with bringing the Qur'anic revelations to the Prophet Muhammad?
1. Michael
2. Azraeel
3. Israfeel
4. Gabriel

Q14. In Islam, "People of the Book" are:
1. Anybody who can read
2. Christians
3. Jews
4. Jews and Christians
5. Buddhists

Q15. During the month of Ramadan, Muslims do all of the following, EXCEPT:
1. Refrain from food and drink from dawn till dusk.
2. Refrain from sexual activity for the entire month.
3. Refrain from gossiping.
4. Give more to charity.

Q16. According to Islam, Jesus is all of the following, EXCEPT:
1. A figure who raised the dead
2. The result of a virgin birth
3. A prophet who spoke in his crib
4. Divine

Q17. In the Qur'an,
1. Adam and Eve are both responsible for the Fall.
2. Only Eve is responsible for the Fall.
3. Only Adam is responsible for the Fall.
4. Neither Adam nor Eve is responsible for the Fall. The story of Adam and Eve does not exist in the Qur'an.

Q18. Which story is NOT in the Qur'an?
1. Adam and Eve
2. Abraham's sacrifice of his son
3. Noah's ark
4. Jesus' crucifixion
Re: See How Much You Know About The Religion Of The World's 1.3 Billion Muslims by Frizy(m): 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2008
Answers
Q1. 3
Q2. 3
Q3. 3
Q4. 1,2,3,4( All of the above)
Q5. 2
Q6. 2
Q7. 2
Q8. 3
Q9. 2
Q10. 1
Q11. 3
Q12. 2
Q13. 4
Q14. 4
Q15. 2
Q16. 4
Q17. 1
Q18. 4
@cayon
What will be my reward? grin grin grin
Re: See How Much You Know About The Religion Of The World's 1.3 Billion Muslims by mukina2: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2008
Frizy

go to Nasheed thread and see something cheesy

I got a new one nicer than the others tongue

You try small sha frizy grin cheesy
Re: See How Much You Know About The Religion Of The World's 1.3 Billion Muslims by Cayon(f): 11:41pm On Sep 12, 2008
@ friz, you have to take another test before you receive a gift.  I'll post how to interpret your score:on Sunday but keep the scores in mind

0 - 15    Secular Muslim
16 - 30  Spiritual Seeker.
31 - 45  Progressive Muslim.
46 - 60  Traditional Muslim.

Start your quiz

Q1. How and when do you read the Qur'an?
1.  At least once a day.
2.  Whenever I get the chance, often in study groups.
3.  When I feel the urge to connect to God or when I have questions about a certain subject.
4.  I never read the Qur'an.

Q2. How often do you pray?
1.  I pray 5 times a day and keep regular prayer times.
2.  I mostly keep regular prayer times, though I often combine sessions. I try to make up missed prayers whenever I can.
3.  I generally don't pray. If I do, it is during gatherings--when I go to the mosque or have Muslims around me.
4.  I don’t pray in the traditional way, but I talk to God often or try to pray my “own way."

Q3. Do you feel comfortable shaking hands/kissing friends of the opposite sex in greeting or when saying good-bye?
1.  Yes, but only when the person is not a Muslim.
2.  Yes, it is not an issue for me.
3.  No, I don’t feel comfortable shaking hands with the opposite sex. It is immodest.
4.  I feel comfortable shaking hands with but not kissing members of the opposite sex.

Q4. If your Muslim friend told you he is gay, you would:
1.  Work hard at convincing him that people have homosexual thoughts, but they should not be acted upon because they are forbidden.
2.  Ostracize him because he is living a life of sin and is no longer Muslim.
3.  Continue to be friends with him even though you believe he might be committing sinful acts.
4.  Continue to be friends with him. There is nothing wrong with being gay. Muslims have to change with the times.

Q5. During Ramadan, you, 
1.  Fast and keep the daily prayers, though I do not attend mosque functions often. I prefer the solitude of my home.
2.  Fast, keep the daily prayers, and go to my local mosque nightly to break fast. I try to attend tarawih or other Ramadan events.
3.  Fast and attend the mosque more frequently than I normally would. I try to break fast with other Muslims or with the family.
4.  Do not fast, but I might attend some Ramadan functions, mostly out of family obligations.

Q6. Most of your friends are:
1.  Muslims. I try to stay around only Muslims.
2.  Non-Muslims and also Muslims. The religious convictions of my friends make no difference to me.
3.  Muslims and also non-Muslims. I don’t purposefully surround myself with Muslims, but they are some of my closest friends.
4.  Primarily non-Muslims. In general, I don't feel comfortable hanging around Muslims.

Q7. During political elections, you generally:
1.  Think about how to get Muslims more politically active.
2.  Don’t worry much about the political scene. I'm more concerned with the spiritual state of American Muslims.
3.  Stay out of the political system because there is no room for Muslims in a system that is not run under Islamic law.
4.  Don't concern myself with Muslim issues. I vote according to other criteria.

Q8. Would you marry a non-Muslim?
1.  No, I would marry only a Muslim, because it is important to raise a Muslim family.
2.  I would most likely marry a Muslim, but would consider marrying a non-Muslim if I could raise our children as Muslims.
3.  It doesn’t matter to me, as long as the person believes in God.
4.  It's quite likely I will marry a non-Muslim or a secular person.

Q9. How do you feel about eating non-halal food?
1.  I only eat halal.
2.  I try to eat halal whenever it’s available.
3.  I don’t worry about halal, but I am concerned about how animals are slaughtered.
4.  Eating halal food makes no difference to me.

Q10. How often do you attend juma’a prayer?
1.  Every Friday. I don’t miss it.
2.  I attend juma’a nearly every week.
3.  I try to attend, but I am just as fulfilled praying elsewhere.
4.  Never.

Q11. What do you think of Muslims who own establishments that sell alcohol?
1.  They are committing a sin and should not be supported by other Muslims.
2.  Muslims should encourage them not to sell alcohol. One way of helping would be to buy other items from their store.
3.  I accept that Muslim businesses often sell alcohol to compete with similar stores. What matters is the owner's intensions.
4.  There is nothing wrong with selling alcohol.

Q12. Would you still marry someone if they had engaged in premarital sex?
1.  No, sex should only take place in marriage.
2.  It depends on the circumstances of the person and whether he or she was a practicing Muslim at the time.
3.  One should not judge a person on their past experiences. Only Allah has the right to judge.
4.  Yes. It is not important if the person has had sex before marriage.

Q13. How should we look at the divine books of Christians and Jews?
1.  The Qur'an is the final message and is therefore perfect. It should be the only book used to guide one’s life.
2.  All of the "holy" books are interesting, but they are outdated and have no real place in today’s society.
3.  They are not authentic and therefore should not be trusted fully. But they should be studied.
4.  All the holy books should be studied to better understand the message of the Qur'an.

Q14. If you had to attend a company party and alcohol was being served, you would…
1.  Not attend. It is haram to be in such a setting.
2.  Attend but not drink. I would explain why I'm not drinking, if asked.
3.  Attend but not drink. I would make up an excuse for not drinking, if necessary.
4.  Attend and have a drink.

Q15. Hijab is:
1.  Obligatory.
2.  Not obligatory, but a recommended sign of modesty.
3.  Best left to interpretation.
4.  Outdated and no longer needed.

Q16. Do you believe that it is haram to clap at any event?
1.  No. Clapping is OK, but one should realize that praise is always due to Allah, not individuals.
2.  Focusing on insignificant matters like this distracts from God.
3.  No, clapping is fine. I think clapping is especially appropriate in non-Muslim settings.
4.  Yes, all praise is due to Allah. Clapping praises individuals instead, and this is wrong.

Q17. Would you enroll your son/daughter in a Muslim school?
1.  Yes, I would make sure my kids receive primarily an Islamic education.
2.  Yes, I would send them to a Muslim school if I believed in the way the curriculum and Islam was taught.
3.  No, I think my children would be too limited if they were exposed only to Islam.
4.  No, I wouldn't even consider it.

Q18. Is it inappropriate to have dancing or music at marriage ceremonies?
1.  Yes. There should be no dancing or music present. Both are un-Islamic.
2.  It is usually OK to have music, but dancing when both sexes are present should be avoided.
3.  Both are OK. Dancing and music are often reminders of the beauty of God.
4.  No. It seems ridiculous that dancing and music are frowned upon by Muslims.

Q19. If you met Salman Rushdie in a dark alley, what would you do?
1.  Tell him that the fatwa should have never been revoked and even consider taking the matter into my own hands.
2.  Explain to him why his book "Satanic Verses" was so insulting and why many Muslims agreed with the harsh edict.
3.  Explain to him the beauty of Islam.
4.  Console him by telling him that Islam and Muslims are not in touch with modern times.

Q20. To whom do you turn for guidance on issues related to your faith?
1.  I look to a particular sheikh or mathhab.
2.  I don’t really look to anyone, but I sometimes ask a particular spiritual leader.
3.  I rely mainly on the Qur'an and hadith. If I have questions, I usually ask learned leaders or friends.
4.  I don’t really ask for guidance anymore. I have been unable to find satisfactory answers to my questions.
Re: See How Much You Know About The Religion Of The World's 1.3 Billion Muslims by Hardar4lag(m): 8:48pm On Sep 13, 2008
Hello my Muslim Brothers and Sisters here is a message from Saudi Arabia find Attachment below

Re: See How Much You Know About The Religion Of The World's 1.3 Billion Muslims by Frizy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 15, 2008
mukina2:

Frizy

go to Nasheed thread and see something cheesy

I got a new one nicer than the others tongue

You try small sha frizy grin cheesy

Muki. grin grin. I will check it. I got busy with school work, that's why I don't come online too often. Good you hear from you. wink

@ friz, you have to take another test before you receive a gift.  I'll post  how to interpret your score:on Sunday but keep the scores in mind

Q1. 1
Q2. 1
Q3. 4 (Please I have not approved it right o, and I feel guilty but all those girls wont just understand)
Q4. 2
Q5. 1 (Am not in Nigeria nor England)
Q6. 1
Q7. 3
Q8. 2 (Good Muslim yes, Christian maybe but must never be a fanatic(In this case I hope to convert her)and no other religious affirmation will ever be accepted
Q9. 1
Q10. 1
Q11. 1
Q12. 1
Q13. 3
Q14. 1
Q15. 1
Q16. 1(Not within the mosque)
Q17. 2
Q18. 1
Q19. 2 (why explain sef, he must have been blind)
Q20. 3

(1) (Reply)

Do You Leave Nairaland When You Hear "as-salat"? / Christian Women Of CAN Attend Birth Anniversary Ceremony For Sayyida Fatima (as) / # Shuroot Ul-jihaad (jihaad And Itsconditions) : Rasheed Barbee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.