Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre (5703 Views)

How To Use Color Psychology To Boost Your Web Design Job / Webmaster/programmer Required To Complete This Bulk Sms Web design Job. / Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2006
I've needed a web designer for quite sometime now and Seun has rightly adviced me to post on the Webmasters section. So here it is.

I need someone with profeciency with Photoshop or Fireworks and thorough knowledge of CSS.
This is more a graphical design than anything, you'll be working with me (I'll be doing the programming). This is a 2 page design job but if the works good I can offer more jobs.

Having a portfolio would be of great benefit.

The website in question is a social network for africans and caribbeans, and the job in question is the design of the user profiles
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by my2cents(m): 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2006
loungr,

My advice to you would be to get 2 pple, both proficient in the 2 skills you are looking for. Sure, there are those who are a jack of all trades. However, I would go for division of labor. That way, they can each work to the best of their ability at what they are good at.

As always, my 2 cents. Hopefully, it is worth something grin
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by layi(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2006
I am skillful and have designed so many sites (big portfolio). Lets talk. layikamoju@yahoo.com
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by ajayi1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2006
I am a graphic Artist, So i designs like anything, I have alot of protfolio's. You can get me on: 08058508531, or adetilewa@gmail.com
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2006
do you guys have a public portfolio
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 2:25pm On Jul 07, 2006
my2cents:

loungr,

My advice to you would be to get 2 people, both proficient in the 2 skills you are looking for. Sure, there are those who are a jack of all trades. However, I would go for division of labor. That way, they can each work to the best of their ability at what they are good at.

As always, my 2 cents. Hopefully, it is worth something grin

am not looking for 2 skills , i just need a graphic designer to do 2 pages
the person should be proficient with css photoshop and fireworks,, the job will require graphic design and html slicing
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by my2cents(m): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2006
loungr,

Yes Sir! Sorry I cldnt be of assistance to you Sir! I just thought I should give a suggestion Sir! Point noted and taken Sir! grin
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2006
my2cents:

loungr,

Yes Sir! Sorry I cldnt be of assistance to you Sir! I just thought I should give a suggestion Sir! Point noted and taken Sir! grin

thanks for your help anyways
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by ajayi1(m): 9:05am On Jul 10, 2006
I have some graphic design Portfolio.
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by nuckecy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2006
loungr:

I've needed a web designer for quite sometime now and Seun has rightly adviced me to post on the Webmasters section. So here it is.

I need someone with profeciency with Photoshop or Fireworks and thorough knowledge of CSS.
This is more a graphical design than anything, you'll be working with me (I'll be doing the programming). This is a 2 page design job but if the works good I can offer more jobs.

Having a portfolio would be of great benefit.

The website in question is a social network for africans and caribbeans, and the job in question is the design of the user profiles

Hello Loungr,

Maybe you can try my services. Am good in Graphics and I've Designed and Host few sites and as well help to develop sites too. Got a Company site www.bauxinc.com.

This is my jobs

www.xtianresources.com
www.pikkmaster.com
www.bauxinc.com (70%)
www.test.pikkmaster.com (Current Job Still working on it)

Hit me back, if its ok same_nuck@yahoo.com
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by naijacutee(f): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2006
I know this guy,he's really good - I'm making plans with him to set up an e-commerce site, however, he's Korean and he lives in the US. Do you mind?
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2006
dont mind at all just added you on msn so we can talk
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by OldGlory1(m): 12:22am On Jul 12, 2006
Loungr

Where are you located? I might be able to give you a number of this chic that can hook it up.
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 1:02am On Jul 12, 2006
am in uk
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by EzE2(m): 7:12am On Jul 12, 2006
@loungr

I am a good web developer and designer. I have the skills u desire and helpful others, I'm currently running a web development and consulting company - www.newpagetechnologies.com or the wap site at wap.newpagetechnologies.com. This is however, not a sole company. It is operated by 2 pple including myself. I would like to assist you with ur project, but if it does not work out this time, keep me in mind. There can always be a next time.

NewPage Technologies -- Reach the world through us,
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by Tmac: 9:12am On Jul 12, 2006
i know this guy who is quite good, located in Lagos if you don't mind. this is his email, you could holla at him: chiefisnow@hotmail.com
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by Tmac: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2006
i know this guy who is quite good, located in Lagos if you don't mind. this is his email, you could holla at him: chiefisnow@hotmail.com
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by youngies(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2006
@loungr
I am free and can give you some cool impressions. Check out some of my work, if you fancy them buzz me them.
www.tarabafirst.info
www.southbeach-nigeria.com

0803 700 1365, dagger2me@yahoo.com
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by spikedcylinder: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2006
When i saw this topic i was going to ask. . . "have you spoken to my2cents" but oh well. . . . !
Good luck with your search.
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2006
yes spoke to him he was the first guy that replied
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by spikedcylinder: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2006
Yea,i noticed.
Found anyone yet?
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2006
am talking to some of the guys on these thread and following some of the leads i've gotten.

I don't want to contact too many people at once, so am taking it one by one
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by coolmanlg: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2006
Hello loungr,

Just saw your post and I got intrested to see the quality of the response and use it to gauge the level of web development here in Nigeria. I must say that if you are really looking for somebody with css knowledge and PS or FW, I don´t think u have anybody yet. Maybe PS and FW but ddefinitelynot css!

From what I have seen so far, I think almost all of them except one person used table for their layout and the only person that used css had the css generated with a tool and since the guys seems not to have a full grasp of css, the code is really messy eg, the css code should be separated from the markup.

Also most of the rreferences wouldn´t validate.

Anyway, keep looking am sure you will get the right person. I just hope designers and programmers here pick up on standards and accessibility.

my 2kobo of talk.
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by guntavibes(m): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2006
Even Sir,

I'd like to be a part of your project i do designs static and dynamic site very cool in flash, fireworks and CMS. Its nice to know that you what to maintain CSS standards people tend to run away from that work.

Some of my present projects u can view online, i'm yet development my porfolio online though but what you are talking about sound like some stuff i had in mind some time ago .

www.suntn.biz that our company parent site
other sub-domain

www.emodel.suntn.biz , developed the concept wnat to upgrade it though

i'm still upgrading much of our other sites.

kayode@suntn.biz

gunta_vibes@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by timmy(m): 7:14pm On Jul 17, 2006
ROTFLMAO grin cheesy grin, see web boy flying their portfolio in the air, lolz
you guys should keep it up jare, its really cool to see that guys are really eager to do a TWO (2) page web,

Hell!! no, man my advice for al you is to seek more challenging jobs abeg, i just finished a 934 page website now, goosh my click finger aches,

well, jokes apart im thinking of outscourcing my 10 page web jobs any one intrested (sure they all are, if the could list so much for a two page job)
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by guntavibes(m): 9:35am On Jul 18, 2006
hi timmy was a two page site i didn't notice that till now well is good to know in nigeria got what its takes in web development just that the way we work here is different. You have to do it all graphics, javascript, php or what ever language you are using, database, css.
well i guess that s why nigeria tend to realy excel outside this shore.
for instanc ei have a guy in UK who was given a class assignment since he just landed from Nigeria, he was still used to the way we do assignments here. he actually finished it in 3 days and the assignment was meant to be submitted in 4 weeks.
the prof asked him if he had to loose sleep on ths assignment.

well my guy said no
so we got what it takes in Nigeria . to all my fellow developers
cheers
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by loungr(m): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2006
timmy:

ROTFLMAO grin cheesy grin, see web boy flying their portfolio in the air, lolz
you guys should keep it up jare, its really cool to see that guys are really eager to do a TWO (2) page web,

Hell!! no, man my advice for al you is to seek more challenging jobs abeg, i just finished a 934 page website now, goosh my click finger aches,

well, jokes apart im thinking of outscourcing my 10 page web jobs any one intrested (sure they all are, if the could list so much for a two page job)

Sometimes a two page design costs a lot more and needs more creativity and intuition than a 934 page design,,, unless you spent 2 years on your 934 pages. Am pretty sure your web design is some online script installed or some dybami site with index.php?class=1
to index.php?class=934
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by guntavibes(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2006
hi loungr good talk to timmy
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by my2cents(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2006
Timmy:
So when u say u just finished a 934 page site, does that mean actual pages or 934 pages that are all based on the same 1-page template? cool cool. I ask because I work for a company with over 50,000 pages (about 35,000 indexed on google), yet there are only but 50 or so actual pages that have code in it grin The rest are dynamically generated (?car=toyota&color=red&transmission=auto, u get the gist, am sure). If you did code 934 pages, no offense dude, but something is wrong somewhere. For one, if u needed to make a change, you would probably need to make it 934 times. Sure, u can do a general find and replace, but that will hog up memory and probably cause your PC to crash.

Finally, as loungr said, a 2 page site might end up costing more, *on average*, than a 934 page site. In the end, though it might not wet your appetite or that of other experienced guys here, it might be the right avenue for all the posters of "how to design a website/best place to learn how to design a website" to get their feet wet in the biz.

Coolmanlg:
LOL, the last time I saw 2 kobo (not to talk of use), was maybe 1980. Back when i could buy a bottle of coke for 50kobo (and with a 50kobo note as well). Hell, I had to go to the CBN website recently just to remember what they looked like. Having said that, yes, most sites out there aren't up to speed with respect to web standards. I jumped on the bandwagon last year. Once u try it, u definitely don't want to go back. If you (and others) are interested in seeing my work, YIM me (udotot25). My sites are 99.9% CSS (some aspects of XHTML are just too annoying for me to implement right now, so i use transitional). I mostly switch to tables for forms. I use little or no graphics/flash on purpose. My pages load, on average, b/w 8 - 10 seconds. I aim to one-up my work with each new site that I implement.

Spikedcylinder:
Thanks for the promotion grin When people promote me like this, there is too much pressure o! I no sabi if i go fit live up to the hype. I know what I know and not much else. Thanks anyway. Loungr and I chat every now and then. The problem is that based on where I am and he is, I might quote him a price that would b out of his range. So, in that case, I will yield to the homegrown talent back at home. I do intend to return one day to help groom that talent, so keep me in your prayers.

I believe I have thrown in a few kobo myself after that rant LOL
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by guntavibes(m): 12:35pm On Jul 21, 2006
hi my2cent i flow with your gist
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by timmy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2006
@loungr, guntavibes, my2cents, seee this guys tellin me or maybeasking me if im running a template, LOLZ well im done with the era of throwing back words so ild just keep ease, well just incase you should know, the whole 934 pages are pure html as in each page was touched, static html im making the dynamic version soon but all the pages were touched, i didnt even use any ssi's at all and only the homepage runs anyform of .js files all others are pure html, and pls tell me what two page website would cost more than a 934 page site if its not ant installer file.

and meanwhile you guys should not ask me for the url cos i aint showing it, and to the guy who think it took me 2 years LOLZ again , well it took about emmmmm, say two months aprox, abeg anyone who wants to get a breakthrough should stop flaunting portfolios for a two page design wich im sure is cheap and static cos form specs the guy is promising more (from my experience [4 active design years] clients who promsie you more even before you deliver or start the job are always those ready to pay less for a good job)

you guys should keep up, grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre by guntavibes(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2006
humm,

(1) (2) (3)

EXPOSED: How To Host Your Sites On A Free VPS From Amazon AWS (613mb RAM) / Website Reviews Of Nigeria Newspapers / 9 Things You Thought Are True About Bloggers By SIR A-ONE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.