Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas (6653 Views)

An Application To Convert From Pdf To Word Document / How To Convert Your Word Document (CV) To PDF (tutorial) / Trade Test 1 And 2 Mechanical (diesel Engine Generator) And Electrical (power) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by zmovement(m): 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2008
I have successfully miniaturized and optimized a 4 liter biogas digester to produce as much as 15cm3 of Biogas 2 times daily. I boiled a full kettle of water with the heat produced, using a special burner.

The design is easy and fun, using Cow Dung (Dried)pellets only. I will upload a detailed sketch later. I need someone who can modify a diesel engine (e.g. Lister) with a practical experience, to run on the Biogas so produced to reply to this topic.

Thanks.
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by Seun(m): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2008
I don't think a diesel engine can ever run on biogas. Biogas is a gas and diesel is a liquid.
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by obitobe: 9:29am On Sep 16, 2008
That was my University project.i scored 80% in the project but i did not go further with that because i did not get sponsors to go on with the project ,also my project supervisor used it for is masters defense.Back to the topic, the gas produce from the biogas is a methane gas but i tell you it could be possible if only you get the composition of the diesel and get something similar to that composition.then it might work
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by chan99rai: 1:39pm On Sep 16, 2008
Send a mail to ammayoni@yahoo.com. Let me get in touch with someone who can help you out. I think he has done that before. You just did a great job. Congratulations.
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by zmovement(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2008
Please bear with my late reply. Download the attachment below to find the rudimentary Biogas system setup and some few design comments. Feel free to comment on possible modifications, corrections and post alternative or more advanced system designs. The key word here is practicability and cost savings,

Like I asked before, how do you eliminate the injector nozzle, (to hell with diesel anyway) and replace it with some sort of em, gas carburettor to properly meter the gas with-you gueassed right- Air! (Choke) to run the engine on this gas.

ammayoni@yahoo.com, kindly provide more contact details on the thread as it will help us. We are a team.

Let's brainstorm.

Thank you all.

Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by Hawaiiboy: 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2008
I have been pounding the internet for few days now on this subject, but I guess like you have not found much. However there was a guy on a video that just run the biogas hose into the carburetor of his gas engine and it run fine, with a valve as a regulator. Now I know for a fact that a diesel engine will start on starting fluid and that is a gas vapor by the time it will get to the engine. Statring fluid will get the air cleaner wet but it is a vapor going into the engine.

Have you tried to run your engine on diesel and then put the biogas hose in the air cleaner and see if it reves up. If it does then try shutting off the diesel fuel and see if it run on the biogas alone. I was reading a web page that showed an engine running on duel fuel (start on diesel then switch to biogas) and they said that there was carbon build up on the pistons and exhaust valve but it was negligible for a 2000 hours test run. I did not see anything in the study if it was special engine or not. I am assuming it was a normal diesel engine. They recommended further studies.

You would control the RPM's by the flow of biogas into the intake via a valve or regulator. Remember to much starting fluid in a diesel engine could cause sever knocking and possibly blow a hole in a piston, or two. It could also twist the crank in 2 pieces. So for now just wave the biogas hose by the intake and see if it reves up first. let me know how it went.

1 Like

Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by resare: 2:19am On Mar 15, 2011
I already run biogas diesel mix 40kva generator in pig farm 3 years ago tel now . its doing will, it works with 5%deisel and my home made carburator,
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by resare: 2:36am On Mar 15, 2011
i used standard diesel engine isuzo 6bb1 ,no spark plug just standard diesel engine, i can tell you how it works
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by laylaa: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2011
Hello,
Diesel engines can run on three basic types of fuel: petroleum diesel, biodiesel, and straight vegetable oil (SVO). Diesel fuel produces carbon dioxide, pollution, particulates and sulfur emissions and increases reliance on foreign oil because it comes from petroleum. Any diesel engine can run on biodiesel. Biodiesel is a clean-burning fuel made from domestic, renewable plant sources, such as oils from vegetables, peanuts, soy beans, canola/grape seeds, hemp seeds and some grains. It has undergone the process of transesterification, a simple chemical modification of ordinary vegetable oil that makes the fuel usable in diesel engines and keeps it from thickening at colder temperatures.

thanks!!
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by resare: 3:02am On Mar 29, 2011
biogas wont ignite in high compression so you need a few diesel , another factor is that the biogas is slow burning so you can advance the combustion timing, let the nozzle do their job , modification of injection pump is needed to set diesel injection volume in as low as possible , ( some diesel engines can be converted into biogas engine , no diesel
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by joeybankz: 7:14am On Feb 17, 2015
Characterization And Optimization Of Biogas From Biodegradeable Domestic Wastes
The need for energy conversion and transformation has become an indispensabled part of life. The accomplishment of civilization has largely been achieved through the increasingly efficient and extensive harnessing of various forms of energy to extend human capabilities and ingenuity.
http://www.joeyarticles.com/characterization-optimization-biogas-biodegradeable-domestic-wastes/
Re: Wanted: Someone To Convert Diesel Engine To Run On Biogas by iaatmguy(m): 11:05am On Oct 06, 2017
chan99rai:
Send a mail to ammayoni@yahoo.com. Let me get in touch with someone who can help you out. I think he has done that before. You just did a great job. Congratulations.
hello please am interested in this. would send a mail to you. thanks

(1) (Reply)

This Number Called Me These Night 08083957*** / Nigeria Peace Corps Recruitment 2014 / Nigeria Immigration Recruitment Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.