Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. (7788 Views)

How To Use Etisalat BIS On Android, PC Or Any Device That Can Surf The Internet / 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2008
Globacom, has introduced new hi-speed internet packages which offer highly flexible usage options for subscribers on its 3GPlus HSDPA network.
This was released at the weekend, and the company said the new packages were the 24X7 Pack, Day Pack, the Night Pack and the Weekend Pack.

The 24X7 pack is available for N19,500 with one month free rental, subsequent monthly rental is at N10,000.

The Day Pack on other hand, enables the subscriber to have internet connection from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and is sold for N15,500 with N6,000 monthly rental.

The Night Pack which is sold for N14,500, with a monthly rental charge of N4,500, avails the subscriber the opportunity to enjoy internet access from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.

The Weekend Pack which offers internet access from 9p.m. on Friday to 9 a.m. on Monday, is sold at N13,500 and has amonthly rental of N4,000.

The package offers up to 3GB of internet access available at any time.

Globacom also said that all the packages come with an HSDPA USB or PCMCIA modem and free first month rental.The company which boasts the largest 3G HSDPA coverage in Lagos is also to commence 3G Plus services in other cities across the country soon.

With Glo 3G Plus High Speed Internet Access, subscribers are able to browse the full World Wide Web directly on their handsets’ browser or laptops/ home computers at speeds of up to 3.6Mbps within the Glo 3G Plus coverage area.
Subscribers are thus able to surf the internet at phenomenally fast speeds.The fastest currently on this package

That is not all, there is also a Pay -As-You-Use rate of 5 kobo per kilobyte which applies when a subscriber exceeds the fair usage.

Guys this is really great, downloading a 100MB file in a few minutes, Glo really rocks
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by flyuche(m): 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2008
good. starcomms style. what's your source?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
@poster
is d 3GB limit for all d packages?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Mercy4All(m): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2008
@poster
how are will sure of the speed?
how do we no the coverage area of this service?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by mrghost: 12:20am On Sep 16, 2008
well, nice one from Glo! out there. that is if they could be taken by their word.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Mercy4All(m): 1:02am On Sep 16, 2008
@all
b4 subscribing, know the coverage area to know whether ur area is covered or not.
this service only available in Lagos, Abuja, and PH.
for Lagos coverage read here
http://www.gloworld.com/GloMobile/ValueAddedServices/3Gcoverage.htm
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 6:15am On Sep 16, 2008
@flyuche it was featured in the dailies yesterday and covered by channels.

@abibio Yes the 3GB is the limit and if u exceed it u are charged 5kobo per KB

@mercy4all 3G HSDPA maximum is 3.6Mbps, while it is true that u cannot always achieve that maximum due to overhead, surfing from anything 1.0Mbps is still very impressive. With this speed u can download a 100MB size of file in a matter of minutes. Just think of that.

This stuff is really surfing like wow!!!
A truly broadband speed.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 6:38am On Sep 16, 2008
A friend just told me that Glo is doing this because etisalat is going to rock Nigerians with a similar package. This is a healthy competition, let etisalat lauches, let the competition rocks, let Nigerians surf with wow speeds on the 3G HSDPA.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by femzy(m): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2008
Djcn:

@abibio Yes the 3GB is the limit and if u exceed it u are charged 5kobo per KB

Ns there the problem com dey ooo;for a heavy user like me; this wont pay my ass.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by femzy(m): 7:38am On Sep 16, 2008
Also they really need to work on their 3G+ coverage expansion.Lets see what etisalat has to offer as their's is via Satellite as they say.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by xcubed(m): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2008
What an old news, no the speed doesn't reach up to 3.6mbps(av tried it in lagos with n90) depends on your ''3g'' phone, we have 3g phones with varying speeds, like SEw850i is like 234mbps and so it will be reduced to like 50 or 60 because it has to pass through glo first(speed limiter) but other phones like big nokia phones are like 300-450kbps because their 3g transfer rate is 3.6mbps,
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by RichDad1(m): 9:15am On Sep 16, 2008
Hmmm,sounds interesting.i'm folding my hands 4 now (lets see if they stand the test of time)
cool
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by xcubed(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2008
Rich dad you are right, all these plans that they bring just to make some of us excited for nothing, only to find out that they don't last
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Ogboraph(m): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2008
Abi oh i am stil watching the big fight to come. Eti vs glo. Who win go fight MTN and Zain. Mtel don die. Who will be the Refery Visafone of cos. grin
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by RichDad1(m): 9:42am On Sep 16, 2008
Perhaps it will make all those useless cdma operators(starcomms,reltel & co)to buckle up, but i think we should expect a strong competetion from etisalat
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by RichDad1(m): 9:50am On Sep 16, 2008
@ralph,
Zain my foot,they are already a loser.they should be competing Nitel,mtel,retel,intecellular &co.the game belong to the big boyz MTN,GLO &ETISALAT.as for refree visafone fit well. cool cool
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by femi80: 9:54am On Sep 16, 2008
@Nairalanders, lets wait and keep our fingers cross thanks.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Ogboraph(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2008
@rich dad Glo and mtn wil never alow etisalat to win the market
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by stancozy(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2008
All these network providas won't kil persm wit these ofers which i think won't last, The so called Etisalat are using thdqd busines strategy to lure 9Grians,, Make una shine una [@¿-] o!
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by RichDad1(m): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2008
Are u sure?i beg to differ because must av study the market b4 coming in and they are aware of the challenges.anyway its going 2 be a very interesting battle, i hope we da subscriber enjoy at the of the day cool
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by texazzpete(m): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2008
Anything with a data limit is a raw deal as far as i'm concerned.
Why pay the premium for 3G access and still get capped with a measly 3GB limit?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by stancozy(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2008
Although,they wil come with lucrativ offers,.but don't rule owt the fact that you wil loose ur real number, ,i can't help but watch, And maybe participate later on as the day goes buy, wink
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by flyuche(m): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2008
etisalat is not coming out with 3G right away. It will take some time. The best i expect from them now is EDGE. 3G no be garri, ask zain and alheri.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2008
Etisalat has what it takes to come out with 3G, they came out with 3.75G in Egypt, there's no big deal about 3G, the world will soon migrate to 4G in the near future and 5G is already in the drafting.

@stancozy pls it's not true. your number always remains yours. same thing has been done in other countries

@tex sometime i wonder what u guys download from the net. now tell me what was the size of Harddisks Nigerrians were using say 5 years ago? 1, 2, 3, 4, GB. u should know better. so downloading 3G from the net is no small size.

While it is true that internet connectivity is still elusive in this part of the world, there's a great hope 4 the future and having internet connectivity will just be like having a mobile phone today. Come tomorrow, Nigerians will surf the net with speeds of wow,
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by malikalhaj: 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2008
@Djcn
y would u say 3gig is ok? 4 u maybe but 4 people that do download large files 3gig a day might pass 4 ok, i repeat 'might'. Cos lets say i decide to download a psp game (pro 2008) of 1.2gig r u now tellin me 4 the rest of d month i have just 1.8 gig left?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2008
@malikalhaj U're correct, there are a lot of large file out there but many times u dont always download large files and besides many persons download files they dont even need. u can easily get a 250 harddrive filled with junks.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by yinraph(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
Still watching
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2008
@Djcn
I am sorry to say this but it is all hog-wash. (I am just frustrated)
I blastede MTN's 3G modem because I could not get good speeds except in Lekki/VI environs. i got as much as 198kbps per sec on a 236MB file but it happens randomly, there is no consistency on speeds and coverage. it sucks mega asss.

So I switch and I must have read the same preaching you read cos i bought the Glo 3G HSPDA Modem "Options"

It has been hell cept on the Island (especially close to Lekki or Ikoyi)
I have a 3GB Monthly Limit that much was explained to me. I got activated the second day after i paid.
I know what 3Gb is so i used my Baba kura sense to plan to zip up to that limit with at least 3 days to the end of the month.

Here is what happened.
I got a Registration Denied message on the 17th Sept. (I bought the modem on the 1st Sept)
1 took it to Glo Adeola Odeku this morning and within 1hr 38 minutes i was told the followin
1: You owe on the line
2: You owe N12,000
3: You exceeded your download limit of 3GB
4: When you pay N12,000 youwill browse to the end of the month and pay N15,000

Blaaady hell i thought.
1: I blocked Windows Update for that reason
2: I block all outgoing/incoming connections cept for the Firefox
3: I have downloaded a total of 1.09 Gigs since the 1st of Sept
4: I download videos rather than stream them to my hard disk.

So how in God's green earth did i do 11.6 GB in one month when I have only 1.4GB freespace on my hard disk.

To say the least I was very angry because the customercare girl refused to let me see the figures and said a bill will be sent to the address i registered with. and remember to pay at the end of the month or be disconnected.

MTN's solution was a street hooker, but this , this is one of those Abuja paroles who milk you when u blink.

@Djcn

Please if you know any IT engineer at Glo. .please furnish for me the following.
1: is the 3GB limit divided into N5k per GB
2: MTN has a data counter when u browse, Glo does not so I suspect they have their own internal records of what and how much you have downloaded,
3: have u recieved your bill, what does it tell you

Because from the whispers going on at customercare, i suspect i am being ripped-off b4 my very b4

Thanks, but it is marketing splurge like this that got me wasting money with starcomms EVDO

Please for friggin sake, let someone make a honestr review of this thing without doing glos marketing for them

Thank u and sorry for al the expletives.

I shall return my device by the end of the month.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2008
and u cannot get 3G coverage in surulere as advertised on the 3g coverage page

u get GPRS\Edge and it is as slow as a drunk on a bad road.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2008
That's a sorrowful state. I dont work for glo neither do any of my relations but i'm currently using the package u are complaining of at least for the now. Maybe I'll forward ur complains to a friend of mine who works there. I cant actually understand ur complain. what is the problem? Is the speed slow? What is the speed that u browse at? How did u know that u used 11.6GB?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by inze(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2008
wetin u wan return am for, na contract plan u dey?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2008
@Djcn

what is the problem? Is the speed slow? What is the speed that u browse at? How did u know that u used 11.6GB?

I have a major problem
1: I have to drive down from Surulere to Victoria Island to get speeds up to 100kbps or more
2: At Surulere I am told to connect with either the GPRS\Edge or GPRS option. i do that and i get 2kbps or nothing (nothing 80% of the time)
3: When i asked the girl at the counter how much data transfer i had done she asked if i had a counter to tell me how much i have done, why the heck would i need to do that,
4: The other customercare girl mentioned that i was sent 3 notices when i exceeded or got to 80% usage, where exactly di dthey post it. i know the SIM has an SMS tool but i have recieved no such messages.

I particularly hate the fact that when i told them i could not have done above 3GB, they just told me to pay what i owe and i will start browsing without investigating the matter. .do i give you my Serial number and other details,

I figure it was 11.6 GB because it could not have been 116 megs that the girl tried to tell me i had done over 3GB that cost N12,000. so how can i store even 3GB when i do not have that much space.

I feel poisoned, very poisoned by sight of the Glo device honestly and i feel cheated and customercare business in Glo sucks (my own opinion). No customercare numbers work

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia G20 Out To Murder Some Brands / Why Do People Hardly Sell These Phones? / Mtn 4g/3g Internet Is Becoming To Slow And Frustrating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.