Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. (7794 Views)

How To Use Etisalat BIS On Android, PC Or Any Device That Can Surf The Internet / 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by memento: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2008
@
lagerwhenindoubt (m
Ur feel is the more reason why i have been asking the question IS THE 3G CARD LOCKED TO GLO? if the card is not locked to glo, i guess the simple solution may be to cancel their contract and go for a prepaid of MTN ( i dont know if that is better) but at least as a prepaid, you can determine to exhaust your soo called 3g, and if they decide to give you more than you pay for that is their problem cos it is prepaid, the worst will be to change sims (remember not to use your original sim for the prepaid---use a secondary sim, at least you will be playing safe.

If you have to cancel the contract, i dont think it involves returning the card, you paid for it. They wont even collect the sim from you though they will block it. Im still looking, i may like get one of this unlocked usb cards from UK and go prpaid. If the speed mess up i can always discard it and patiently wait for another operator.

anxiously waiting for the data roll out of etisalat
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2008
Your case is not unique and even such things happen in other countries. Maybe u might have heard of AT&T's case with a guy last year and some other few cases, one was even featured on DWTV last week. Now based on your report, if u surf at 100kbps that's not too bad, but ur surulere base is very poor.

One important point i want u to note is that every webpage amounts to some quantity of data and if websites contain heavy graphics their size would be larger and so u can eat up large amount of data even without downloading file to your harddrive. 3GB could be spent in a month even without downloading a single file, i got nothing much 2 download from the net (most times make orders for softwares) and so the size fits my office work.

It's easy to check your data transfer on your system but that is not suppose to be your business and that should be that of glo, though checking it will put u on a safer side as u have a 3GB limitation which is quite small if u do a lot of downloading,

The posting of messages could have been sent to u and the message undelivered, they should know better
I strongly disagree with u that u must have downloaded some 11.6GB of data and that's what they are charging u for, from my calculations that would amount to more than that cash, but i dont know the platform u're operating on.

Now this could have happened to anyone else and so the need to address the situation, i ve taken similar steps to address issues if i am unfairly treated. if u are very sure of your claims, write a letter explaining in details your current predicament, endorsed and sent it to Glo giving them a time interval and if they fail write another letter, duly endorsed and make 5 copies to be distributed as follows

one to Globacom
one to a National Daily of your choice
one to the Customer Forum on GSM operations in Nigeria
one to the NCC
one for your self and if u like
one for me

It's high time we started treating issues rightly instead of running away from them as this will put the operators to perform accordingly.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:58am On Sep 19, 2008
Any news from the Glo people (short of callin them scammers)

Can you also find out for me the following

1: was there ever a 1GB limit package it might be i hit and went over that limit.
2: Do the GLO3G sim cards come with default settings that put a limit of 1GB maybe someone forgot to move it up to 3GB for me and they are stuck with a debt they don't know how to explain.

Please since you have links in Glo, help me find out.
Cos looking at this device just makes me sick, it feels even worse that the 3months access fees starcomms still owes me
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2008
I must have posted after you made some suggestions,
I will follow that. I have already written a letter asking for a refund. I overheard, i still have N7,000 on the line, so why did i go over the limit without maxing out the cash on the line.

I don't know what happened, but this time i will write to them unlike my past behaviour of just assuming they are out to scam customers and just dump the device with them.

If i don't get a satisfactory response, then there is the web, glo3gsucks.com will do just fine
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by inze(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2008
sobbing
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by topeteadr(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2008
Take heart.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by getconnect: 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2008
Dats nice.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by getconnect: 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2008
Dats nice.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by getconnect: 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2008
Dats nice.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2008
Good. Lets start treating issues the right way.
Dont forget 2 beep when u get reply,
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by RichDad1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2008
One day bushmeat go catch the hunter cool cool .it's right time we let them know we aren't fools
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2008
no reply yet, but i sent a friend to ask if they sold replacement SIMS for lost once,, guess what, they said no, you have to buy with the modem, Na wa for GLO
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Fadajasi(m): 12:07am On Sep 26, 2008
This is 4 d bloody 3g phone users
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Jtlyrics(m): 12:59am On Sep 26, 2008
Hey! Is dat sup tu be an insult tu me or wat?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Fadajasi(m): 1:07am On Sep 26, 2008
U? As in?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2008
@memento
more reason why i have been asking the question IS THE 3G CARD LOCKED TO GLO?

No it i snot apparently, just got it up on an MTN 3G-activated line

thanks for your mind-opening question

Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by akaraogun(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2008
we don't have glo 3g yet in ibadan, does anyone have the configuration settings for glo mobile internet on nokia phone thanks? undecided
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by flyuche(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2008
who is actually using this glo 3G plus? let us have your experience.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by flyuche(m): 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2008
@ogboralph. stop this nonsense.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2008
@Ogborah, i don't know whether u're joking or serious but then u have posted more of what u dont really know about and can do that what u really know about.

Lest i forget, u failed 2 drop ur bank details.   grin grin grin
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by samuelk(m): 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2008
IMHO,these Nigerian network providers exaggerate the output capacity of such devices without proper test
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by lordroberta(m): 3:20am On Oct 03, 2008
glo
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 03, 2008
how i get the celtel wap and mms settings?
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by mjay(m): 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2008
I just got my glo3g plus today. Got some more revelations. If you are not on 24hrs then your LIMIT is 2GIG. I stay on the mainland (ilupeju) and yet no 3g singnal on Glo (but there is 3g signal on MTN) However my gprs/edge is quite fast compare to all the starcomms and multilinks I'm used to. I went for a 9am to 9pm package and i intend to complement it with MTN 10pm to 5am for an additional 3gig of data. In all I will have 5gig of data  for N8500 (N6000 + N2500) To me that is kool.  I must add that the modem is VERY CHEAP especially with the fact that it is unlocked.

If you are interested in buying just THE UNLOCKED MODEM I got one for a FAIR PRICE.  08033093741 / 07028003774
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by flyuche(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2008
mjay. try downloading on the glo 3G and lets see what you have.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by memento: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2008
mjay. try downloading on the glo 3G and lets see what you have

im being careful with downloads, one because i really dont need junks 2. im conscious of the limit and 3. i'm careful for virus. That does not mean i dont download at all, ive just downloaded the crazy browzer and it went well, but not comparable to what 3g gives. I hope to be on the MTN later in the day, i connected the the MTN 3G and it switched to HSPA or something, it zapped my little credit, soo ill wait till ive gotten the night 3gig data from them. In all i still believe it is better than the multilinks/starcomms. remember that what we are getting now used to go go for 15k For now im not complaining, but i might when i'm used to it are we all not like that??
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Djcn: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2008
Actually, the future of broadband is going to be either on wifi and it's varaints or on mobile interface such as the 3G services. Let's hope the GSM companies try and expand their network and services.

While i was in V.I, i get speed of 300kpbs but since i'm out the services have been very poor and could only browse on the GPRS platform. They should role out rapidly.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Nobody: 1:55am On Oct 04, 2008
@ All,

All these Network providers are alike, glo, mtn, starcomms,multilinks etc.

I use starcomms 1x EVDO Air card, I paid for 100 hrs and the forth day I was denied access and of course, i went to their office at Toyin street, Ikeja to complain but was told that my subscription had eneded. I informed the girl that it was just 4 days and that there was no way I can use up to 100 hours in 4 days since 1 day is 24 hours. she just kept mute.

After much noise, they advised I write mail to their hdqtr which i did on thursday. There was no response till monday morning, so i went to pay fo another 100hrs but on getting home and signed in into my email, i saw their response to my mail that I use 38hrs and that I had 62hrs left, elated at the response to my mail, i quickly printed out the mail and head to thier Toyin office again.

Majestically, I approached the counter with the printed e-mail and with a triumphant smile on my face but alas, unknown to me what awaits me was a denial of the century! the lady simply printed out another report of my suppossed 'time log' or whatever that is totally in dissonance with the one the hdqtr. sent to me. The lady sudenlly turn deaf again to the question 'how then did the report I was holding gets into my inbox?'. You just have to agree that 'we don't lie was all she said to me.

Now, I knew they are all rogues in a saint's clothing so I just concluded that I was a victim of one of so many institutions(Private and Public) that I call licensed scammers[b][/b].

My resolution:

1, TO CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR WAYS TO USE THEIR EPILEPTIC SERVICES FREE OF CHARGE as I'm doing now with Starcomms CDMA LG3000 table phone which I had bought 3 years ago, a guy helped me to configure it for free browsing.

2, TO CONTINUE IN ANY WAY TO DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM PATRONIZING THEM, I'm not bitter, I'm trying to protect my own interest, getting money from me at all cost is their interest mine is making sure I minimise what I pay them.

I'm posting with zain, i have starcomms free but very slow like a drunk man on a bad road, I have mtn, waitin for tor project to get glo,
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by femzy(m): 5:17am On Oct 04, 2008
Hey ya Netsurf;wat a pathetic story.Thats why i don't pity all these networks.They deserved to be used anyhow too.Anythang dialup is jazz;that you know by now. tongue
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by mjay(m): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2008
My resolution:

1, TO CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR WAYS TO USE THEIR EPILEPTIC SERVICES FREE OF CHARGE as I'm doing now with Starcomms CDMA LG3000 table phone which I had bought 3 years ago, a guy helped me to configure it for free browsing

IN MY OPINION: ITS LIKE URE ALREADY USING THE FREE STARCOMMS BEFORE YOU EVENTUALLY PICK ISSUES WITH THEM. I THINK DE DESERVE SOME OF THEIR MONEY BACK. DON'T YOU THINK SOOO?? LOL
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by igbsam(m): 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2008
I have a starcomms LG3000 table phone which have stopped using for a year now. I wish to connect it to my desktop for my younger ones use. How do i connect to starcomms network for free. I learnt there's a special username and password that can be used. Can someone help me out with it. This guys have ripped me for over 5yrs that have been using their network for Internet access and its time to take revenge on them. Right now am using their EVDO services, but would like to connect the Table phone for my kid brothers. Help rendered will be highly appreciated.
Re: Hi-speed Internet On Glo: Surf With Wow Speeds Of 3.6Mbps. by Jtlyrics(m): 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2008
Wrong person tu ask tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Hide Files In Sdcard Easily In Android Phones / Permant Iphone Unlock,samsung,nokia Lumia,xperia,bb10 + Free Fmi & Carrier Check / Nobody Has Beaten My DATA USAGE In A Month Check It Out..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.