Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,256 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Does Mourinho Need A Smack In The Mouth? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Does Mourinho Need A Smack In The Mouth? (799 Views)

La-liga : Betis Defender Faces 50 Days With His Mouth Closed / Premiership Coach With Big Mouth(most) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Mourinho Need A Smack In The Mouth? by bgees(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2008
jamie carragher once made a statement about former chelsea coach and current inter milan boss- jose mourinho. carragher said ' jose mourinho is a good coach, but he is'nt a good man''.

we all know so much about mourinho infamous arrogance and big mouth from his days at chelsea. its always- the best team lost -anytime chelsea are beaten.

well his mouth is about to be smacked! personally, i hope it does get smacked. why?

--prior to last weekend's serie a match btw catania and inter milan. jose mourinho said:"We want to win, we have to win and I think we will win because we're better, both as a team and on an individual level.”
if u ask me. this statement was okay ,i.e a rude one but it can still be pardoned.

on the pitch, inter milan sweated to a controversial 2-1 victory over catania.
as usual mourinho decided to make crazy post-match comments: “Catania played their game, but the right result should have been 3-1, 4-1, or 5-1.”

by that time catania sporting director had had enough . he says :Someone who says these kind of things does not have respect for his adversaries. He doesn’t respect the host nation [Italy], or the coaches. He could have avoided what he said and answering back was too easy.

"He should think about his own problems. If he does not win this year, he should pack his suitcase and go back to his own country.

Mourinho is simply someone who should be smacked in the mouth."

but trust the special one to hit back. he says: "Some time ago I said that there were people who wanted to be on the first page of the newspapers by using my name and talking about me,” said ‘The Special One’.

“I have a sponsor who pays me to advertise him, and I do not give free publicity to anyone.

“As for Lo Monaco I do not know who he is. With the name Monaco I have heard of Bayern Monaco (Munich) and the Monaco GP, the Tibetan Monaco (Monk), and the Principality of Monaco.

“I have never heard of any others.”

Lo Monaco hit back immediately. but who would'nt. he says :I don't think Italian football would lose anything without Mourinho,” he roared.

“Firstly, I certainly don't care about newspaper headlines. I have never looked for publicity. I just try to do the best I can with the humble funds our President can supply.

“Secondly it is disgraceful that Mourinho makes money through publicity and threw this in my face, along with the people of Catania and all the other smaller clubs, with his disgusting air of superiority and disdain.

“Last of all, I am called Lo Monaco and not just Monaco.”

The Catania sporting director however apologised for saying that Mourinho needs a smack in the mouth, but not because he didn’t believe the coach deserved one, but rather because he doesn’t want to incite any more violence among football fans.

“My comment wasn't meant to incite violence and I will apologise for that if some people think it did,” he noted.

“Inter have the strongest squad in Europe, but sadly they also have the biggest blabbermouth of a coach.”

i dont like mourinho, but i think he is a great coach and he really needs a smack in the mouth. maybe with the butt of gun.

lets put these together. catania is a sicilian club. and whts sicily known for. i now think he might really get smacked in the mouth because he deserves one.

now lets discuss, was mourinho demonstrating his traditional arrogance or was the catania director taking in it too far?

(1) (Reply)

Another Record Set By The Gunners. / Who's Cute And Who's Not? / Man City's 175m Pounds Bid For Kaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.