Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Just How Good Is Klose ? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just How Good Is Klose ? (2272 Views)

Miroslav Klose Is The Best Finisher In Europe. Better Than Messi &Ronaldo / How Good Is Andy Carroll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just How Good Is Klose ? by kitaun(m): 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2006
In my own opinion i would say this chap is one of the best strikers in the world at the moment,but i would just like the house to comment on this chap who might just end up being this world cup's highest goalscorer
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by Jackal(m): 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2006
He is as good as scoring 5 goals for Germany in a very cool and calm fashion.
I don't think he is the best striker in the world at the moment.
Scoring 5 goals in a tournament does not make him the best especially when he's yet to make any visible impact at UEFA or domestic league.
Obafemi Martins will give him a run for his money.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by kitaun(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2006
ur obafemi martins will never compare with klose that has reached double figures at the mundial which is by far greater than UECL.
aight
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by mukina2: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2006
he's good with his head and he's really good

what has martins got to do wit klose?
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by debosky(m): 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2006
he's a very good striker, he has a good presence of mind even when he's not in front of goal. i think moving to a club that

plays in european competition will improve him

i think he needs the exposure, thats all that is lacking
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by kitaun(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2006
unfortunately for him,he could not score yesterday,but no doubting it,he has got a powerful goalsense
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by Priscila(f): 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2006
I feel he will never repeat such a record in his lifetime though he is currently overrated.
He is not that good and just fit for Bundesliga.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by nuggard(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2006
he is the white Duro gba!
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by GUNNER(f): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2006
really, that makes me wonder shocked grin
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by menike(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2006
Not the best Striker in the planet but his really Good
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by DrKitaun(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2010
This thread was created 4 years back . . .thank God am still alive grin

Klose might not be the best striker but HE HAS FIRMLY ESTABLISHED HIMSELF AS ONE OF THE BEST GOALSCORERS !  grin  grin
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by Iceugwa(m): 2:27am On Jul 04, 2010
he will beat ronaldo record
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by Basics007: 2:20am On Aug 09, 2010
@OP Congrats u'r still alive to see ur predo come thru.
I started takin an interest in him after he scored 4 against Saudi Arabia at Japan/Korea 2002, 3 of them with his head. Also he was playin for W Bremen,a team I like so much.
I always wished he would overtake Ronaldo's goal tally but sadly that's impossible now. But still,he may not really be that popular(probably cos he played in Bundesliga) thruout his career,the guy is good. Even John Terry can testify
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by FBS: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2010
Klose is good. One of the best strikers ever to play the game of football.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by ritchboy(m): 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2010

Mr FBS, what type of mental gymnastics has your brain been subjected to? grin grin
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by mykali(m): 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2010
ritchboy:

Mr FBS, what type of mental gymnastics has your brain been subjected to? grin grin

Really, what is your problem? undecided
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by RuuDie(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2010
As good as Oleg Salenko. . . . . who probably woulda been right up there jostling to overtake The Phenomenon's WC record if he hadn't been so unfortunate to be playing for the CCCP, USSR or is it Russia!!?

Klose might well get that record or even surpass it but the proof as to just how good he is will lie on the tips of people's mouths when they start reeling out their individual lists of the world's best strikers of our generation - Raul, Super Pipo, Ronaldo, Sheva, Eto'o, Drogba, R.V.N, Anelka, Forlan, Villa, TH14 etc will any1 remember to mention the name Klose
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by ritchboy(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2010
when they start reeling out their individual lists of the world's best strikers of our generation - Raul, Super Pipo, Ronaldo, Sheva, Eto'o, Drogba, R.V.N, Anelka, Forlan, Villa, TH14 etc will any1 remember to mention the name Klose

Only Dayokanu cheesy grin

Really, what is your problem?

what is YOUR problem, stalker!
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by aieromon(m): 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2010
Numbers don't lie.His name is written in the WC archives for good.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by jalether(m): 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2010
RuuDie:

As good as Oleg Salenko. . . . . who probably woulda been right up there jostling to overtake The Phenomenon's WC record if he hadn't been so unfortunate to be playing for the CCCP, USSR or is it Russia!!?

Klose might well get that record or even surpass it but the proof as to just how good he is will lie on the tips of people's mouths when they start reeling out their individual lists of the world's best strikers of our generation - Raul, Super Pipo, Ronaldo, Sheva, Eto'o, Drogba, R.V.N, Anelka, Forlan, Villa, TH14 etc will any1 remember to mention the name Klose

GBAM. Being one of the finest strikers is more than just scoring tap ins and headers. . .  He is a goal POACHER and that's about it, nothing spectacular

I dare say Inzaghi is a far better poacher than Klose and the former won't even make the top 10 list of the best strikers of this generation.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by dayokanu(m): 4:07am On Aug 10, 2010
If you check the World cup goal scorers records, You would see Ronaldo, followed by Gerd Muller and Klose.

We hear of Justin Fontaine who scored in 1958 Can you tell me who was the highest goal scorer in the EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga or La Liga in 1958.

The World cup is the Hallmark of the greatest players. The greatest players made their mark at the world cup.

Gerd Muller who was Europes best striker ever made a career out of scoring tap ins and who tells you a striker have to be acrobatic or dribble the whole field to score goals?
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by DrKitaun(m): 7:03am On Aug 10, 2010
U dey mind dem? Some people only self-service on club footie.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by FBS: 7:31am On Aug 10, 2010
@Dr Kit, how do you allow such elements like poorritchboy to be in your midst?

I will rather yarn with you than talk to that thing.  grin

@topic,
Sometimes, I wonder what the primary job of a striker is? No be to score goals? There you have a striker banging in goals and on the BIGGEST stage of all, yet some are saying no one will remember his name?

Perhaps Van persie is a better striker then?  grin
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by ritchboy(m): 8:39am On Aug 10, 2010
F[b][size=18pt]BS[/size][/b],

hahahaha, anyone who thinks Klose is "One of the best strikers ever to play the game of football" should be stoned to the point of death then tossed into a lion's den. grin

oya jalether, start gathering stones. . . only the BIGGEST! grin grin
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by DrKitaun(m): 10:56am On Aug 10, 2010
So Klose wouldnt be rated high cos he is DK's cousin? smh
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by FBS: 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
some poorritchboy is already in the recycle bin. And there he will remain.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by jalether(m): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2010
FBS:

Bros how far nah cheesy cheesy. . .  I will like to know your top ten list of the best strikers ever/this generation
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by FBS: 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2010
jalether:

Bros how far nah cheesy cheesy. . .  I will like to know your top ten list of the best strikers ever/this generation
hehehe. cheesy my top ten list?
I will ask you to answer this first? What is the primary function of a striker?
To do back flips, toros etc or to simply to score goals?

And when you score goals on the BIGGEST stage of all, how can you not be among one of the very BEST!!!
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by jalether(m): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2010
FBS:

hehehe. cheesy my top ten list?
I will ask you to answer this first? What is the primary function of a striker?
To do back flips, toros etc or to simply to score goals?

And when you score goals on the BIGGEST stage of all, how can you not be among one of the very BEST!!!

Fair point. However, you have to agree that for a striker to be rated/considered as one of the best, his ability must exceed simply scoring goals

according to your logic. . . Fontaine is a better striker than Batistuta/Romario given the fact that he has more world cup (highest stage) goals to his credit
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by FBS: 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2010
jalether:

Fair point. However, you have to agree that for a striker to be rated/considered as one of the best, his ability must exceed simply scoring goals

according to your logic. . . Fontaine is a better striker than Batistuta/Romario given the fact that he has more world cup (highest stage) goals to his credit

I get your point but The WC goals was simply to drive home me point and the point is this. . .Klose is a fine striker and of the best.
How else do you consider a player who has been prolific for every single club he played for?

And the only player to have scored 5 or more goals in consecutive WCs?

I never said he was the BEST but one of them. Just because he does not possess the fidibi-gibidy-samba-idi-lonlo moves don't make him a lesser striker.
The man is LETHAL!

Ask the English.  grin

Tell us why DD is rated higher than Nic. Yeah you know why.
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by Ibime(m): 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
Klose made his name against the likes of Costa Rica, Saudi Arabia and Ecuador. . . . these three teams alone account for half of his World Cup goals. What makes him better than Oleg Salenko? He's just a lucky bazztard!!!
Re: Just How Good Is Klose ? by jalether(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2010
@ FBS. make no mistake about it. .  . Anelka, in his prime, was a better striker than Didier. even DD himself cannot dispute that

ask yourself this question. hypothetically, If WPOTY was to be awarded to strictly strikers. do you think Klose would have won the award at any point in his

career?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Think Is The Best Site To Watch Live Streams Of Matches / Interested In Moderating This Section? / Samuel Eto'o Words To Chelsea Fc In 2004

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.