Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,548 members, 7,955,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

Bsc 2.1 With An Msc Degree Is It Acceptable In Us - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bsc 2.1 With An Msc Degree Is It Acceptable In Us (1815 Views)

UK Bsc And Msc Degree. What Position Can I Expect In A Bank? / He Recently Graduated With An Msc In Subsea Engineering And Needs A Job Urgently / With Third Class Degree Is Their Any Hope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bsc 2.1 With An Msc Degree Is It Acceptable In Us by 377: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2008
Guys someone that has a BSc in finance with a 2.1 and an Msc in one of the NIgerian state universities in banking and Finance be able to secure a job in the US or do u have to go to another school there again after althese stress of passing through the schools in Nigeria.pls people in US reply this text.
Re: Bsc 2.1 With An Msc Degree Is It Acceptable In Us by A40(m): 12:38am On Sep 19, 2008
As for getting a job thats very unlikely except a menial job perhaps or a poor paying one.As for schooling thats unlikely too our degrees are not exactly respected outside Nigeria.There is a better chance of a graduate from India applying for an IT job than a graduate from Nigeria applying for that same IT job i dont know too much about banking and finance but i am not sure it will be any different
Re: Bsc 2.1 With An Msc Degree Is It Acceptable In Us by nyla24: 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2008
You are better of getting an MBA or maybe a masters in computer science from a university in the US.

If you are going for an MBA, aim for one of the top tier schools, that's the only way it will work out.

If you are going for the Masters in Computer Science, make sure that the school you attend has an active career office, and that companies who come to your school are recruiting for people in computer science. if they dont look for another school. Try not to go for an all white school, because most recruiters who come there are looking only for white folks and you will reaslly have to distinguish yourself to stand out. In fact if you attend one of the historically black universities and do very well you'll be okay. Because recruiters who come to those black schools are looking for black people.

Don't get discouraged, because you will have to do some menial jobs before you stabilize. We all went through it. But have a plan. Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Put A Stop To Contract Hiring In Nigeria Banks? / So Happy, I Just Made Over 1 Bitcoin In Few Da Ys, Learn Now / Massive Recruitment At Lidya Nigeria 2018 | Apply Now Before Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.