Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,215 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Guinness Nigeria! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Guinness Nigeria! (3407 Views)

Graduate Vacancies At Guinness Nigeria / Guinness Nigeria Plc Graduate Sales Trainee Recruitment / Vacancies At Guinness Nigeria Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guinness Nigeria! by enspirito: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
HEARD GUINNESS HAS STARTED CALLING PEOPLE AFTER THE LAST TEST. THE LADY WHO CALLED WAS SAID TO HAVE ASKED WHAT POST MY INFORMANT APPLIED FOR. ANOTHER INFORMANT TOLD ME HE WAS ASKED WHERE HE WOULD PREFER TO WORK. WHOEVER HAS GIST ON THIS SHOULD PLEASE SHARE IT. DOES IT MEAN DOES WHO WERE CALLED ARE GONNA GET THE JOB??CHEERS ALL.
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by Oliseh(m): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2008
hi,i wrote the 1st and 2nd tests too.i need to get in touch with enybody who wrote them too.please my number is 08023907824.lets rub minds on this
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by nelly4(f): 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2008
grin

grin

grin

OLISEH, I THINK I KNOW U,

ANYWAY, RUBBING MINDS U SAY.THEN WIL BE RUBBING MORE THAN MINDS VERY SOON

BEST OF LUCK TO THOSE CALLED, IT WAS A NICE JOURNEY TO GREATNESS ANYWAY

BETTER LUCK TO ME NXT TIME angry cool grin cool

cool

cool

cool
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by beee: 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2008
nelly, don't tell me you are givin up, i think its in batches. where is your faith? what course did u study?
anyway, was called ystday n asked for my course of study-which is food science n tech
d lady den told me to choose from 2 options from marketing or procurement department
i grudgingly chose procurement because i dint want marketin n was really annoyed because i wanted neither of d two, i would have preferred production or quality department
n to make matters worse i just got a mail from them to come 4 assessment on 8th october for supply role
im not complainin but amm worrid n confused
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by tayoTFC(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2008
i also food science and technology,but am yet to be called ooooooooo sad
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by dadp007(m): 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2008
Congrats Bee cos u are been offered two of the best jobs u can get in a production company

I work in a similar industry in production and am not finding the experience funny, i keep praying so that i could be in marketing, procurement or audit

Marketing is also good cos u dont sell beer/drinks directly,but u work on all these TV shows, promotion etc and its fun

Therefore stop being worried and thank God for that, production is not an interesting area to work in this type of industry
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by beee: 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2008
tayo tfc : don't worry,remeber im not being called for a production or food science related course
dadp007: tanks 4 d reply, was tinkin of sendin them a mail to see if i can change d offer, but now, i wont
anyway, wats procurement all about apart from acquisition of tins like raw materials?. i hope u will reply this so that at least i will know what its all about
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by lamb29: 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2008
@ bee congrats
I also got d mail.just like you i never wanted the supply role, but do we have a choice. will mail them sha. just be grateful u'v been called. I pray others get called soon. does anyone know wat to expect, i have also been called for the supply role. anyone with hints on this department should pleass help.
thank you
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by enspirito: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2008
whoever has info on what marketing(in guinness especially), sales and procurement is all about should please drop the info.also whatz the presentation and group thing about? person wey don do the things before make he help us o or person wey dey guinness right now. guys need to know whatz up. dadp007, can u share all u know about such jobs in a more elaborate way. all forms of gist will be accepted. tanx all.
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by Dabeast1: 1:53am On Sep 21, 2008
hi guys Dadp007 has said it all, for those of us that has had the opportunity to work in a brewery production dept, men its hell , for real guys, supply chain or marketing dept is where to be, supply chain entails sourcing for raw materials , ranging from brewing additives to office equipment and logistics u wont regret going there, excerpt u av a terrible boss. but production run away, cos its work work work and work till u drop dead.
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by xkanty: 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2008
To you that are being called for the supply role best of luck,go and put in your best.In sincerity I dont know what it is all about but I know God will see you through. Shebi you are the ones that wrote and pass the test,surely you are on for greater things guys.
@ those of you who are complaining about their department,what a pity! You all dont know what you have. I will give all to trade my joblessness for your terrible work.
Lots of love.
Da beast:

hi guys Dadp007 has said it all, for those of us that has had the opportunity to work in a brewery production dept, men its hell , for real guys, supply chain or marketing dept is where to be, supply chain entails sourcing for raw materials , ranging from brewing additives to office equipment and logistics u wont regret going there, excerpt u av a terrible boss. but production run away, because its work work work and work till u drop dead.

Re: Guinness Nigeria! by lamb29: 11:16am On Sep 22, 2008
tanks da beast and xkanty
dadp pls help by givin more info on supply role. tanks

@enspirito congrtas, dont have any info on marketing in guiness, but i will share my interview experience in uac
it took d whole day n was in 4 stages,
d first part was group discussion on a topic, some were in favour n others against it,
d second part was d presentation part were u pick a topic from a tray wrapped in srumpled pieces of paper n u speak on it for 3 mins- it wasnt fun, cos it could even be a topic u know nothin abt, tink u shld know on current affairs n world affairs
d 3rd part was also a kind of discussion on business
and d last part was d interview were u r finally on ur own wit d panelists, here d question cld b on anythinnnnnnnnnnn, but most esp from ur course of study. mine was, one of d panelist had b.sc, m.sc n ph.d in my couse of study!
all d best to evryone who has made it
hope dis hint will help
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by engineerk: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2008
Pls can I know when Guinness started calling people?
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by dadp007(m): 11:25am On Sep 23, 2008
Marketing in production company has to do with branding and making sure the brand name registers on peoples mind programmes like gulder ultimate search, star quest, greatness stuff, love ventures by guinness, west african idols by ecobank etc are what people in marketing does, while those in sales sell in bars and have direct contact with the costumers directly

Da beast has explained what procurement does, the good thing about these jobs is that ur experience counts and becomes applicable any where be it production, telecoms,banks etc, but if u re in production then ur experience will only count in guiness,NBplc, consolidated etc

As per the group discussion, u guys will be given a case to discuss it as may be board of directors,it is just to test ur role in a team,how supportive u are to other peoples opinion,etc and how time consciuos u are
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by desh(m): 11:59am On Sep 23, 2008
Well, concerning procurement in a manufacturin industry like Guiness,it entails sourcing for local n foreign raw materials(including oil n gas),machineries n office equipments.I once worked wit a Big Coy like Guiness in dat Dept n it was fun (though i majored in Accounting).U get 2 mingle wit Big pple(Big time local suppliers)n register ur name wit foreign suppliers too as d coy''s rep and at d end of the day u could set urself up as a Big time contractor(also suppling ur coy when u leave).Its all abt procuring QUALITY stuffs at a GOOD N REASONABLE Price.
Unlike the sales dept wer PR r bin offered 2 dedicated n loyal customers,in procurement d odawise is d case, grin
In dos days(1999 wen i was on I.T,i dnt knw abt now),we wer d most envied in d organisation.
I wish u guys best of luck n see u all at d Top
Re: Guinness Nigeria! by enspirito: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2008
thanks u all. more info please.also info on finance in such companies. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Icpc Calling / Turbo Energy Interview Invite / Vacancy In A Foremost Transport Company.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.