Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? (1015 Views)

Arsenal New Signings,Nwakali & Samuel Chukwueze Pictured Wit Asene Wenger & Kanu / Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Wenger Talk About Signing Ike Uche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by Akolawole(m): 2:43am On Jul 08, 2006
Wenger kick off the season again!

He is commenting on Ronaldo as a World cup Diver?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006310246,,00.html

Is that true?

Is that the first assignment at Emirates Stadium?

What can Mr Wenger says about the following?

1) Ashley cole: http://football.guardian.co.uk/print/0,3858,4484491-103,00.html

2) Roberto Pres : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3109874.stm

and

http://www.soccernet.com/england/news/2001/1231/20011231afcpires.html

and

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_1303929,00.html

Opinion

In my own opinion, i think nearly every player seek to "take an advantage". Augustine Eguavon play the Referee to send Zola off in 1994 World cup.

Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by Akolawole(m): 2:44am On Jul 08, 2006
And

Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by Shagari2(m): 8:56am On Jul 08, 2006
Even big Phil Scolari criticizes divers.

Definition of dive: A dive is the act of a player in the opponent team making a head 1st leap to the floor following minimal (or indeed, no) contact.

So you see my friend, Wenger is righteous dude! wink
Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by hucarson(m): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2006
@ Akolawole,

Wenger has the right to criticise divers cos he is a Viewer.

I wonder why he hasn't criticised Henry's theatrical dive recently against Korea and the past diving antics of Ashley Cole, Patrick Vieira and Pires.
Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by Akolawole(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2006
Shagari2:

Even big Phil Scolari criticizes divers.

Definition of dive: A dive is the act of a player in the [b]opponent team making a head 1st leap to the floor following minimal (or indeed, no) contact.[/b]

So you see my friend, Wenger is righteous dude! wink

He is a "righteous".

Minimal contact: What can you say about Henry's one?
Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by loyika(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2006
Here we go again with all "the Wenger this Wenger that", really guys can we just give the prof a break, he is human after all, besides answer this, who dosen't dive now in football to get an advantage, if you as me, i say the more diving the better. At least we can then start comparing which premiership or should that be World football player has a carrer with the oil companies as a deep sea diver when their careers are over.

Better yet this newly defined act of diving should be taught to all aspiring football kids at all the soccer institutes.

Just to add though , i didn't see Jose criticising Drogs when he admited to the whole world that he cheats during games, actually i believe he defended him, but i guess its just me or maybe today is hate Wenger Day cheesy
Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by lalaboi(m): 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2006
U've said it already! He defended drogba!
Wenger knws his players also dive! Wy dn criticize oda playas of diving? Playas lik reyes n van persie, gud divas! Wy nt criticize dm b4 u criticiz oda playas! Hmm! Mr wenger practice wat u preach o!!!
Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by loyika(m): 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2006
Ok then my memory seems to fail me, but didn't Wenger critise Eboue to stop Cheating, after the CL, in the newspapers for that matter!! and the last time i looked {you must excuse me, my eye sight ain't what it used to be} Manu Eboue was still an Arsenal player!!

But like i said. Today seems like HATE WENGER DAY!!
Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by Akolawole(m): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2006
loyika:

Ok then my memory seems to fail me, but didn't Wenger critise Eboue to stop Cheating, after the CL, in the newspapers for that matter!! and the last time i looked {you must excuse me, my eye sight ain't what it used to be} Manu Eboue was still an Arsenal player!!

But like i said. Today seems like HATE WENGER DAY!!

its not like that.

Just tell me when he criticize Ebou. Thats not true!

He will always say " let me see it on telly first"

Sir Alex and Jose criticize their players when needed.
Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by Jackal(m): 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2006
@ Akola,
In fact i doff ma hats for u on the last comment.
U are absolutely spot-on.
I can understand why Mourinho labelled Prof. Wenger a Viewer.
Wenger knws everything happening in other clubs but he doesn't see the stuffs happening under his own nose at Highbury.

Arsene has never seen anything bad in his players.
Pires theatrical dive in 2004, Ashley Cole's dive at Highbury when Utd pulverised 'em 4-2 in 2004/05 season.
Eboue's dive at UCL final against Barcelona and so on and forth.

He must be short-sighted or suffering from color blindness.
Any event that does not do the image of 'em Gunners any good has never been seen by Wenger.
Do u know Wenger claimed not to have seen Arsenal player's jumping on Ruud Van Nistelrooy at OT in 2003?
Re: Does Wenger Have Locus Standi To Criticize Divers? by toptho(f): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2006
he didn't "zee" that.he shldnt even comment on other players diving.even righteous henry has joined the club

(1) (Reply)

Man Of The Match: Vote / Ancelotti Has Been Sacked - With £6.5m pay-off / Seun D Psychic He-goat Predicts ManchesterUnited will beat Barcelona to UCL 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.