Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Plz Somebody Help Me: My Laptop Drivers & Os - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Plz Somebody Help Me: My Laptop Drivers & Os (938 Views)

How Many Megabytes Would It Take To Update My Laptop's Drivers ? / Where Can I Download Haier Laptop Drivers / Can Somebody Help With Windows 2003 Server Product Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plz Somebody Help Me: My Laptop Drivers & Os by jeco(m): 1:55pm On Sep 19, 2008
Please i need your help!
My laptop, (Toshiba satellite, SA60-120) has some drivers missing.
When i right clicked on my computer, then click on manage, then i clicked on device manager, i observed that the following drivers need to be installed:
SM Bus controller and
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Unfortunately, i dont have the recovery CD.
I went online to search for free one and i came across this one that will scan, detect all unavailable or out of date drivers and restore them, and even do regular update for new drivers on my laptop. This is the url :http://www.10001downloads.com/subcategory/drivers-utilities-C149.html

Now in the process of installation from the above url, i noticed that they are in partnership with microsoft, so i had to abort the installation, this is because my laptop's operating system (windows xp) is pirated one.

Please can you help me, you will be right if you say that i have two complex problems. because of the absene of these drivers, i noticed on my screen, a tiny vertical line, on the left hand side of my lcd.

Please i need your urgent help to enable me put my laptop in good working order, that is both drivers and how i can get a crack version of operating system that is microsoft compliant.

Below is more details of my laptop:
TOSHIBA SA60-120
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite A60
BIOS: Insyde Software MobilePRO BIOS Version 4.20.01
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
Page File: 202MB used, 471MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

This is my contacts:
jeco@usa.com
0803-747-7956
Re: Plz Somebody Help Me: My Laptop Drivers & Os by UNLEASHED(m): 12:52pm On Sep 23, 2008
Visit the official website of TOSHIBA, I am sure you can download the drivers you need there. I don't have recovery CD too but i download my drivers from the website of the company that made my lappy.
Re: Plz Somebody Help Me: My Laptop Drivers & Os by ExInferis(m): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2008
look here

like UNLEASHED said, always try the manufacturer support site

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do U Pay Ur Isp For Ur Cybercafe Business / Facebook Addiction / Watch Tv Shows And Movies On Your Pc Or Laptop For Free - 8000+ Free Channels -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.