Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East (4411 Views)

Pretty Woman Spotted Driving A Dangote Truck In Ibadan..photos / How To Protect A Newly Bought Car / Is it Alright To Drive A Newly-bought Car Without A License Plate In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by dgb4(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2008
Hello all
since we only have Car market mainly in Lagos,
please car dealers what are the tips of driving cars from Lagos to the East.
Is it a difficult situation, want can one see on the way?
What are the possible solution to avoid those stress??
Thks
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by dgb4(m): 8:57am On Sep 25, 2008
Please can good people respond to meeeee?
I need your advices pls
thks
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 25, 2008
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by kuntash: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2008
Siena , I think what the poster requires is a virtual tour guide, smthn like where are the bad spots/ pot holes etc from Lag-PH, police/custom wahala etc, (@ poster if I am wrong, well I think u still need it) better still get in touch with AA rescue here in Naija.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by waoosa(m): 9:31am On Sep 25, 2008
@poster,
From redemption Camp (RCCG camp) to ore, especially Sagamu, be ready for customs, Police and all sorts.

At benin, you will encounter Police officers and local goverment touts. The touts will harrass you for white stickers (like the red reflectors FRSC asked to be pasted at the back of your car). If you don't want to waste ur time with these guys just look for any two plain white things to paste at the front of the car.

After benin, Mostly police of oficers.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by dgb4(m): 9:37am On Sep 25, 2008
siena,

the car is nigerian used; it has been used for almost  a year but its still sound,
but u know, anything can happen at any time; i just want to be proactive;

i want to know the police wahala (as in what they ask for) and the driving stress on that expressway.

I would also love to know the documents to carry and how to go about the change of ownership stuff

Thanks for responding.

Regards
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by dgb4(m): 9:40am On Sep 25, 2008
thanks waoosa,
the car have been used here for abt 1 yr, so its not tokunbo
moreover am planning to make the trip on a sunday to avoid some of these wahala
hope it will know sense?
I need advice about the documents and change of ownership stuff
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by sparta300(m): 9:43am On Sep 25, 2008
if is 4 police wahala, u'll see alot of them as mentioned abve especailly @ ore and benin. what i did was to have a mopol go with me, if you know one that will be your best option, it saves alot of time plus money.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by dgb4(m): 9:48am On Sep 25, 2008
sparta_300:

if is 4 police wahala, You'll see alot of them as mentioned abve especailly @ ore and benin. what i did was to have a mopol go with me, if you know one that will be your best option, it saves alot of time plus money.
even on a sunday??
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by waoosa(m): 9:52am On Sep 25, 2008
Get you change of ownership Affidavit to the change and police report.

Allocation of plate number paper and if possible the receipt for that.

Proof of ownership . This is transfferable. If you don't have swear an affidavit with police report for the loss

Vehicle paper and insurance.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by boladez(m): 10:00am On Sep 25, 2008
waoosa and dgb4 have said it ALL, better you get a plain cloth police officer to accompany you. It usually costs about 20k (excluding transport and feeding). If you go with a uniformed officer they will probably think the car is just coming into Nigeria.

Have your

Driver's licence, insurance and vehicle licence - Required. (keep them aside and produce upon request), as back up (some are die hards) keep your Licence plate allocation receipt, custom papers (if the car came in thru lagos) if cotonou, pls do not show them anything cos the papers would be fake!!!; Proof of ownership cert, purchase aggreement / receipt , change of ownership and CMR. Get a radio and development levy sticker from the LG office near you, it costs about 1k (benin boys are there 24/7). Be extremely fast along the Benin byepass it has become a den of armed robbers. They rush out from the bush in large numbers and stop vehicles. The faster you move the better along the byepass.

Finally if you want the best trip ever leave lagos 5am sharp and you beat most of the police, customs and traffic.

Wish you a safe trip and congratulations
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2008
bro boladez

how much does it cost to aquire a nigerian driving licence

emm is there any custom along lagos-ibadon express way going to abuja i will suppose?

k what happens if your car is from cotonou benin, like u said just dnt provide no document course its fake, so what would u say to the custom men then
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2008
haba wetin come happen to omo lagosian now. make una talk 2 me ooo

bump

dumpity ha
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by boladez(m): 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2008
ikeyman00:

bro boladez

how much does it cost to aquire a nigerian driving licence

emm is there any custom along lagos-ibadon express way going to abuja i will suppose?

k what happens if your car is from cotonou benin, like u said just dnt provide no document course its fake, so what would u say to the custom men then

It costs about =N=5,000. Yes the customs guys are usually at the Ogere end of the toll gate and Ibadan end, They look at out for newly registered vehicles.

Can't see your email on your profile please let me have your email account and Ill give you some tips on how to get away with the customs papers matter.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2008
boladez

here it is
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2008
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by joshjosh(m): 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2008
anything goes in a lawless state dear brother.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2008
well siena

last year nov 2007 was arrested by nigeria police in lagos . wake up in the moring chatter some taxi heading to emm airport to board flight down east, here come officer ooo stop with their yeye touch on stop and search, found my printer, laptop and stuff, they wan reciept, see me see wahala, they wan carry me go station

well maybe i was mellow at the time oh well, ready for watever ha huh now

heading down this year
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2008
abeg correct bro boladez still waiting.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by boladez(m): 6:57am On Sep 28, 2008
Sienna,

any one who dares that Lagos Benin route without the adequate preparation is DEAD MEAT!!!!! you have all sorts there.POLICE, NDLEA , custroms, LG task forces, FRSC, Civil defence, VIO, fire service, Sanitary inspectors, Boys brigade, Boys scouts, etc etc grin

IkeymanOO , I forgot to mention make sure you have your fire extinguisher, C caution , amd all your brake lights and lamps are working please!!!!
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2008
deleted
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by alphabeta(f): 9:24am On Sep 28, 2008
Your best bet is to get an officer with his full uniform - army, police, navy to accompany you on the trip. it would make your path easier. It would mostly be a matter of the officer saluting 'esprit de corps' at every checkpoint you encounter.

Note though that you still need to have the complete papers for the car - having an accompanying officer only makes the journey smoother (reduced delays and settlement at check points). Investing some 10-20k in the officer would pay for itself by the end of the trip  grin considering that you might settle with much more if you go for it alone.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2008
alphabeta

but my man boladez is saying going down with unifored rather plain clothes will make is worse!! so which one babes course those stupid Olokpa police don kick my yansh like nothing when i dey there, they wicked ooo well well. ha bastards
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2008
boladez check ur mail
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by dgb4(m): 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2008
my dear brotherssssssssssssssssss,
Happy sallah,
No bi small thing driving new tokunbo car on Nigeria road,
only God helped me on this matter, i dont knw where to start,
but i say thanks be to God for leading us safely home
and my car is parked in my house without scratch.
Thanks all for your advice,
Internet works
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2008
dgb4 drop me hit in my mail, me in god's willing doing mine when i travel down

drop me hits in my mail
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by oluromeo1(m): 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2008
pls drop me hint too and all the required papers to iiyayori@yahoo.com
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by benincitys(f): 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2008
drop me hint too i will be going home soon benincitys@yahoo.com
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by igwe11(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2008
please i need the info also , aguarinze@yahoo.co.uk

thanks,
I
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by ikeyman00(m): 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2008
wow

hope somebody aint sleeping ooo reply us now

but must thank u doe boladez

stay confidential as iam hahha

god bless u and ur family
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by dgb4(m): 9:45am On Oct 06, 2008
am sorry all,

i dont just know where to start thats why i havent replied yet, moreover am a busy guy.

if your car is a fresh tokunbo wahala dey oo, just get your pocket filled with enough money
And there is this anti-theft police that stays on the road before benin town, their eyes too dey red, they will impound you and your vehicle for police station, and also threat to handed over the car to custom officials who will reward them with a whooping amount of 50K

try to make the car look ugly, put nigerian stickers all over, and sure ALL the papers are intact. also use your head,
I don tire, u can call me 08063448853.
Re: Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East by chelseabmw(m): 11:38pm On Sep 04, 2010
i ve a guy who can drive from lagos to all parts of the country with a plate number. . .his name is frank

if u ve a car u want to drive down just let me know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Help For My Infiniti QX4 02' / Valid Driver's License And Valid Vehicle Particulars (ABUJA Only) / LEXUS RX300, 2002 MODEL Gearbox And Brain Box Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.