Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished (1261 Views)

I Just Finished Coding A Mobile Social Network, Rate Me Or Become My Admin / A Question And Answer Website Finally Launched By A Nairalander / Airtel Has Finished Us!!!!...no More Bb Subscription On Non Bb Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by tcherokee(m): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2005
Well, i finally finished my companies site. done completely in flash, it is however still very simple, i think..... Anyway let me have your thots on the site. the address is www.sphinxtechng.com
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by layi(m): 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2005
I'm using a fast vsat connection. 40 mins and its still not loaded. wow shocked
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by tcherokee(m): 3:59pm On Sep 12, 2005
really, there must be a problem, i'll check it out cos the home page is just about 30kb
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by IAH(f): 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2005
It loaded within 2 seconds. Fantastic website!
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Seun(m): 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2005
Oops, tcherokee, your website doesn't work with Firefox?

But it's a sweet website. I must caution you that with a Flash-based website you'll have to depend on Advertisements, direct links, and word of mouth to drive traffic to your site.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by tcherokee(m): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2005
hmm so it is a firefox thingy... but it is showing on my firefox browser here, don't know what is wrong. anyway right now i'm working on a html version. ....wonder what is wrong....
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by hotangel2(f): 4:42am On Sep 13, 2005
Ohh la la, Lizzy like. The website is cool. Not rioted and not short of colors. It's working with my firefox. And it loaded fast. smiley
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Seun(m): 4:50am On Sep 13, 2005
I didn't have the FLash plugin in my browser. Oops! It works perfectly now, well done!
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Latoya(f): 5:14am On Sep 13, 2005
wow nice.maybe u guys can design me a website
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by tcherokee(m): 5:57am On Sep 13, 2005
Latoya:

wow nice.maybe u guys can design me a website
really, interested...
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Latoya(f): 5:59am On Sep 13, 2005
yep
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Farriel(m): 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2005
It appears quite simple, and to some extent, aestethic. For a full flash site, it loads very fast.

There are some things I should point out though. IMO, I think the background colour should be toned down a bit. It doesn't sit too nicely on your overall layout, having your bkg colour as dark as your main content colours. Just a thought.

The logo at the left's ok, but the attempt at having the 'Technologies' reflected doesn't come out well. It just messes up the logo entirely. Try reducing the text below, say using a linear fill of white and gray, and reducin the opacity too. I could help you do that if you wouldn't mind.

The splash image there could be rotated with every change of content module, don't you think?

The loading caption 'Loading Content Module' could be reduced, and font changed. And lastly, on the contact page, everybody enjoys filling up a form easily and nicely, not copying emails and then loading email clients to getting to you, like you want them to. Add a contact form.

All of these, just thoughts. Ciao!
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by layi(m): 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2005
Its better now. Opened within 3 mins.
A cool site though but it lacks the "bite" and interactivity expected of such a corporate website.
I dont have to go 3 links inside b4 i get ur contact info.
Nice layout.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by tcherokee(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2005
Farriel:

... The logo at the left's ok, but the attempt at having the 'Technologies' reflected doesn't come out well. It just messes up the logo entirely. Try reducing the text below, say using a linear fill of white and gray, and reducin the opacity too. I could help you do that if you wouldn't mind.
The splash image there could be rotated with every change of content module, don't you think?
The loading caption 'Loading Content Module' could be reduced, and font changed. And lastly, on the contact page, everybody enjoys filling up a form easily and nicely, not copying emails and then loading email clients to getting to you, like you want them to. Add a contact form.

All of these, just thoughts. Ciao!

Hmm lovely suggestions, ive been looking at the logo reflection and thinking i should remove it, it pulled it directly from the letterhead and just put it on the site cos i need it up quickly, but it doesn't seem to be working well, and i've been kind of reluctant to fiddle with it. You could edit it if you want , i'll send you a pm with the logo files. Good idea about the contact form, hadn't thot of that and the splash page, been thinking about it too.

layi:

Its better now. Opened within 3 mins.
A cool site though but it lacks the "bite" and interactivity expected of such a corporate website.
I don't have to go 3 links inside before i get your contact info.
Nice layout.

noted but when i was designing it i wanted something a bit subtle and something that will load pretty fast for a flash website that is why i toned it down. but i'll probably add a little more interactivity later. not sure though. but my main aim is to make sure it loads pretty fast.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Farriel(m): 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2005
Alright man, expecting the bundle. I never get tired of doing anything with FW. Waiting to see the changes though.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by skima(m): 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2005
Where traffic by search engine is concern, the site is not traffic-worthy. HTML version will be helpful, just add ur flash movies to it.

Well a celebrity site could be made that way.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by skima(m): 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2005
I also noticed something : after clicking about ur company, no link to other content (Bad). do something abt it.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by skima(m): 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2005
You can still add Navigation to left. Or dont u want us to see ur other services after we know who u are?
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by skima(m): 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2005
I have to reload before linking to other contents.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by tcherokee(m): 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2005
actually, there is a menu but i just found a bug(if i may call it that). If you are using a 800 by 600 resolution, the banner and menu area will not show, so to really see the full site you have to use at least 1024 by 760 although the 1280 by 800 is the best i guess. Working on that bug. It seems to be the css i used to make it display in the middle that is causing it.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by kazey(m): 4:34pm On Sep 16, 2005
The site meets upto its propose "a web-design site", but have you taught of having another version , i mean plain html, for customers that dont have the luxury of fast connection. You want them to get the service right away, not wait for it wink
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Farriel(m): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2005
Yeah, I had wanted to point that out. I think a HTML version of any Flash site is a most functional feature. Of course for accessibility reasons and compatibility. Not every visitor could have downloaded the Flash plugin. Not too mention a fast connection, even though your site loads up pretty nicely.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Coder(m): 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2006
Sweet Job!
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2006
I am not a fan of full-fledged flash websites, but i have to say this one loaded up pretty quickly..

nice job..

You might want to consider a few htm pages with appropriate meta tags so search engines can index your site.. don't think Major search engines index flash content .. Yet.

Nigeriasn have really come of age in this web design thing..

I remember when Linkserve charged N5,000 per megabyte hosting and allowed only 3 images and 10 pages for close to N100,000

Had us then did they not?
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by Farriel(m): 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2006
Ah yes, the bad old Linkserve. I had a hell of an experience with them.
Re: My SpinxTechNg Website: Finally Finished by oasis: 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2006
This has been said, but it bares repeating.  If your aim is to make money with this website, definitely get rid of the flash.   But if it's just a demo site you show to prospective clients, then it's a good design.

Search engines cannot read text within flash movies, and your text is what the search engines need to rank you higher in searches.  Get yourself immersed in the world of SEO, and you'd quickly discover that flash is a big no-no in web design.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Attract Traffic To My Website? / как я похудела / Nigeria Gurus Tent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.