Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,186 members, 7,845,892 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Pressure To Take A Second Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pressure To Take A Second Wife (1034 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pressure To Take A Second Wife by hommer(f): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2008
I want to raise this challenge that is so prevalent in most families.A situation where a man (probably, the only son) has only daughters and then his family  mounting pressure on him to take a second wife that will bare him a male child.If you are a man and you re in this kind of predicament, what will you do?
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by biolabee(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2008
ww u do?
answer first
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by JustGood(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2008
Nonsense. It doesn't really happen again in this day and age. What if the 2nd wife (problem) only has female children as well? Maybe he'll then take a 3rd wife (additional problem) and the express train keeps going till he has 89 wives and 150 daughters grin
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by olukemih: 4:35pm On Sep 22, 2008
Let me quote you "if you are a man"

If you are a man, and a man indeed, you Will make your own decision and not wait for your family to make decision for you.

Except you have thought about having a second wife before now but you can't just say it out and now your family has only helped you voiced your thought.

Be a man and make your decision by yourself. Don't leave your decision at the expenses of your extended family. Your wife and daughter life's decision should be your first concern

And what is stopping you from having another child with your wife. there is no guaranty that the next woman will automatically give you a male child. instead meet an expert to get male child with your wife if that is your priority
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by MrCrackles(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2008
Second wife doesnt exist in my dictionary!
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by biolabee(m): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2008
o sorry ididnt even know u were female so u cant take a 2nd wife cheesy

the choice is not so cut out this days with modernisation but what some pple do is to get a mistress and then work her or the child into the home or they just treat her as a full blooded wife though not legally i.e. hidden to avoid isssues with the 1st wife

hwever i would nt want to find myself in that shoes because its easy to criticise but a male child is really a huge motivation to lay aside some principles and 4get that a male child is not a guarantee of ur legacy,

see mr pat kenndy tthat lost two of his sons before he died, such tragedy
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by Outstrip(f): 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2008
Isn't it the man that determines the sexof the child? Knowledge is power.
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by hommer(f): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2008
i also want include that maybe the wife can no longer have another child and we all know how important our families regard family lineage.
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by biolabee(m): 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2008
bobs that one na strong thing
one of my friends uncle maried anoda woman when his 1st wife cldnt conceive
pple have advocated various options one of which is adoption but the reality is that nothing fit be like ur own blood.
there is also exotic options like surrogacy, IVF etc but they r expensive and still at best not fool proof

for me that is a peropnal thing as what really determines sonship is it blood or nurture
some children who were termed outsiders have risen up to be come great while the true ones by blood became notin

May God help us
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by ima1(f): 3:04am On Sep 23, 2008
people still don't understand that is the man that determines the sex of the baby n not the woman.

women have xx chromosome
men have xy chromosome

if the man gives x n the woman can only give x = female child
man gives y n woman gives x = male,

so its the man's fault, only stupidity would make people take a 2nd wife bcoz they couldn't have a male child.
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by timbabng(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2008
. . . . . lai lai, one woman is enough for moi, by the way i dont think educated people do such.
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by coolier(f): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2008
biolabee:

ww u do?
answer first

hommer:

If you are a man and you re in this kind of predicament, what will you do?

She's not a man.
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by biolabee(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2008
timba_bng:

. . . . . lai lai, one woman is enough for moi, by the way i don't think educated people do such.

bros leave that matter pple dey do am o
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2008
The man decides the sex of the baby, so I am ready to marry as many men as possible to get a set of twins (male and female)! grin
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by rubi(f): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2008
Why did you accept pressure from anythird party will they be there for you when that pressure will start igniting fire. Besides few men have succeeded from that journey
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2008
In this time and age? You guys should stop disgracing Nigerians, abeg!!! Get educated.
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by iice(f): 5:33am On Sep 24, 2008
stillwater:

In this time and age? You guys should stop disgracing Nigerians, abeg!!! Get educated.

grin grin
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by MP007(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2008
helllo!!!!, XY!!!!! undecided
Re: Pressure To Take A Second Wife by plappville(f): 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2008
(justgood,) Nonsense. It doesn't really happen again in this day and age. What if the 2nd wife (problem) only has female children as well? Maybe he'll then take a 3rd wife (additional problem) and the express train keeps going till he has 89 wives and 150 daughters
You re right, i think he need to accept any sex he has had as a child than been premitive enough to listen to family advices.

bros leave that matter people dey do am o
Is high time we wake up from our mentality, a male child or female child it's all thesame thin, i know a friend that has 1 male child and two female, i tell u the boy refused retaining the family name he is wayward and is father regrets having him.
so make una leave that thing.

(1) (Reply)

Bigamist Spared Prison Sentence / Reprogramming Your Mind For A Blissful Marriage / Have You Seen My Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.