Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These (9331 Views)

5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight / Nigerians Cannot Apply Armenia Visa Online / Can One Apply For Uk Visa Online! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These by Alldruns: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2008
Hi guys,

I quickly need 2 attend a trade conference in UK and while trying to book appointment online,

1. I stumbled into one of instructions on d page " , It’s mandatory to mention at least one of your contact numbers: either landline number (with STD code) or mobile number, I beg, what is STD code about?

2. Where is or how do I locate UK Visa Centre in Ikeja (if I'm coming from Anthony, Lagos?

3. How many photocopies of my documents am I expexted to bring along?

4. Which bank do I pay in d visa fee?

Pls just bear with me. I need to learn.
Re: Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These by femigirl(f): 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2008
How and Where to Pay

Customers can pay their Visa Fee in the following ways.

a) At any of the designated Sterling Bank branches as mentioned below or;
b) At Sterling Bank's Cash Collection Counters at the UK Visa Application Centres

Sterling Bank operates cash collection counters for the collection of visa fees and service charges at the UK Visa Application Centres in Lagos (Victoria Island and Ikeja), Abuja, Ibadan and Port Harcourt. For payments collected at the cash collection counters inside the Application Centres, a Handling Fee of N200 per receipt will be charged. No Handling Fee will be charged for payments made at the branches of Sterling Bank listed below.

NOTE: The Receipt will be valid for 30 days from date of payment. Customers will need to submit their visa application to the VAC within 30 days of payment.

Locations of designated Sterling Bank Branches
VI/Marina - Lagos Sector

1. Ikoyi
228A, Awolowo rd, Ikoyi.

2. Yaba
260/262 Herbert Macaulay st, Yaba

3. AA1
30 Adetokunbo Ademola st, V/Island

4. AA2
Plot 1703, Adetokunbo Ademola st, V/Island

5. Adeola Hopewell
42, Adeola Hopewell st, V/Island

6. Adeola Odeku Plot
300, Adeola Odeku st, V/Island

7. Ikota Shop
14/15, Block F, Ikota Shopping Complex, Lekki

8. 20 Marina
20 Marina, Lagos

9. Broad St
Bookshop House, 50-52 Broad st, Lagos

10. Igbosere
198, Igbosere st, Lagos

11. Martins
49, Martins st, Lagos

Apapa, Lagos - Lagos Sector

12. Wharf Rd
13/15, Wharf rd, Apapa

13. Ilupeju
Akintola Williams Deloitte Building, 235 Ikorodu rd, Ilupeju

14. Commercial Rd
17, Commercial rd, Apapa

15. Surulere
141, Ogunlana Drive, Surulere

16. Creek Rd
26B, Creek Rd, Apapa

17. Matori
26, Fatai Atere Way, Matori Ind. Estate

18. Coker
29, Badagry Expressway, Odunade B/Stop, Coker

Ikeja, Lagos - Lagos Sector --

19. Awolowo Way
Ebun House, 104, Awolowo Way, Ikeja

20. Adebola House
38, Opebi rd, Ikeja

21. Opebi 2
68, Opebi rd, Ikeja

22. Allen Avenue
51, Allen Avenue, Ikeja

23. Oba Akran
Plot 2, Oba Akran rd, Aiico Building, Ikeja

24. Aromire
9, Aromire Avenue, Ikeja

25. Ikorodu
43, Lagos rd, Ikorodu

26. Dopemu
32, Shasha rd, Dopemu, Lagos

27. Ifako
102, Iju rd, Ifako

South West Region Iwo Rd, Ibadan - Abuja Sector

28. Iwo Rd, Ibadan
55A, Iwo rd, Ibadan

29. Dugbe, Ibadan
3, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Dugbe

30. Benin
29, James Watt rd, Benin

31. Abeokuta
OPIC Roundabout, Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta

32. Otta
64, Idiroko rd, Otta, Ogun State

Abuja - Abuja Sector

33. Area 3
Plot 450, Kontagora Close, Off Tafawa Balewa Way, Area 3, Garki

34. Area 8
Plot 700, Seda Close, Off Tafawa Balewa Way, Area 8, Garki

35. Ladoke Akintola
16, Samuel Ladoke Akintola Boulevard, Garki 2, Abuja

36. Wuse 2
5, Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja

37. Sterling Boulevard
Plot 990, Sterling Boulevard, CBD, Wuse, Abuja

38. NASS
National Assembly Complex, Abuja

Northern Region - Abuja Sector

39. Ali Akilu,Kaduna
9, Ali Akilu rd, Kaduna

40. Kachia,Kaduna
1236, Kachia rd, Kaduna South

41. Lagos street,Kano
10-12, Lagos street, Kano

42. M M Way
110, Muritala Mohammed Way, Kano

43. Maiduguri
Kashim Ibrahim rd, Maiduguri

44. Sokoto
6, Ahmadu Bello Way, Sokoto

PH & Eastern Region - Abuja Sector

45. Trans Amadi 2
Plot A1, Trans Amadi Ind. Layout, PH.

46. Olu Obasanjo Rd
4, Olu Obasanjo rd, PH

47. Trans Amadi 1
13, Trans Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt

48. Yenogoa
268, Mbiama Yenagoa rd, Yenagoa

49. Owerri
72, Douglas rd, Owerri

50. Aba
Plot 3, Eziukwu rd, Aba

Note: Applicants paying their VISA FEE, at any of the above Sterling Bank locations under a particular sector (Lagos or Abuja), shall submit their visa application(s) to the Application Centre under the same sector only.

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/visafees.aspx
Re: Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These by femigirl(f): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2008
Required Documents

Why do I need to provide documents to support my application?
UK immigration law says that it is up to you to satisfy the visa officer that you qualify for a visa. BHC/BDHC aim to make a decision on your application without interviewing you, so it is vital that you send BHC/BDHC the correct documents with your application. If you do not send us the documents BHC/BDHC need, BHC/BDHC may refuse your application without interviewing you. Where possible, please send BHC/BDHC documents which can be checked by someone else. For example, it can be difficult to prove that a mobile phone number belongs to a particular person, whereas it is easier to prove that a landline number belongs to that person. We appreciate that it may not always be possible for you to provide these kinds of documents, but please be aware that it will help BHC/BDHC make the decision if you can.
What sort of documents do I have to show?
Everyone's circumstances are different. This is why BHC/BDHC don't ask for a set list of documents. BHC/BDHC has given you a general idea of the kinds of documents which will help the visa officer check that you have met the immigration rules. It is up to you whether you send BHC/BDHC these documents, or different ones. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have read the available information on the category of visa you want to apply for. The list below does not cover every single situation, and producing all the documents on it will not guarantee you a visa. Please make sure that you include all supporting papers with your application, and don't send or fax BHC/BDHC any papers separately.

Will you accept photocopies of documents?
Where possible, please send original documents. BHC/BDHC see a lot of forged documents, and it is easier for UK visas to confirm that an original document is genuine, rather than a photocopied one. BHC/BDHC can examine original documents to make sure that they have not been tampered with. But BHC/BDHC realise that some documents are too valuable for you to want to send them with your application, for example, a US Green Card. In these cases, please send BHC/BDHC a good-quality photocopy of the original. Also, please make sure that, wherever possible, you do not laminate your documents.

Will you accept documents which aren't in English?
If you want to send BHC/BDHC documents which are not in English, BHC/BDHC strongly advise you to get them translated beforehand. It will help the visa officer to make a decision if all supporting papers have been translated into English.

Are there any documents which you don't need to see?
Please don't send BHC/BDHC credit cards, or original airline tickets.

What happens if I don't send the suggested documents?
If you have not included the documents BHC/BDHC need to see with your application, the official at VFS, our commercial partners, will point this out to you. She or he will also ask you if you want to make your application, knowing that you do not have all the documents to support it. It is entirely up to you whether you go ahead with your application or not. You can find more detailed information on UK visa requirements by visiting http://www.ukinnigeria.com or by contacting a VFS official.

What if I want to apply for a visa for my child?
If your child is under 18, as well as meeting the immigration rules, they must show that they have a parent or guardian who is responsible for their care, and that they have suitable travel and care arrangements for when they travel to the UK. From 12 February 2006, the name of the adult accompanying them to the UK will now be on the visa, and the child must travel with this adult. If travel plans change and the child will travel on their own, or with another adult, you must apply for a new visa.

How do I make my application?
You must make your application in person due to the requirement to collect biometric data from all applicants. Please allow enough time for BHC/BDHC to process your application, and remember that at busy times of the year, it may take slightly longer for BHC/BDHC to make a decision about your application. BHC/BDHC recommend that you do not buy your ticket before BHC/BDHC have issued your visa.

What documents do I need if I want to go to the UK on a temporary basis (this is called a non-settlement application)?

You must provide the following documents.

A passport, which is valid for at least six months. The visa BHC/BDHC place in your passport will take up one full page, so please make sure that your passport has at least one spare page with no stamps, visas or endorsements on it.

A recent passport-sized colour photo, on a white background, 45 millimeters (2 inches) high and 35 millimeters (1.5 to 2 inches) wide. This should be glued, not stapled, to the application form.

The correct fee.

A fully filled-in and signed application form. Please make sure you use a current form, as BHC/BDHC cannot accept the out-of-date versions

You can send us the following documents.

To satisfy the visa officer that you plan to leave the UK at the end of your visit

You could show evidence of your personal circumstances in Nigeria, for example, letters of employment, evidence of a regular salary (if you have one) in the form of wage slips or bank statements, and evidence of your assets.

To satisfy the visa officer that you have enough money to support yourself and live or stay in the UK without working or needing any help from public funds

If your sponsor, employer or anyone else is supporting you, you could show evidence of his or her immigration status in the UK. This includes six months' itemized bank statements, pay slips and evidence that they are willing to pay for your stay in the UK.

If you are paying for any part of the trip yourself, you could show evidence of your personal circumstances in Nigeria, for example, letters of employment, six months' itemized bank statements, and evidence of your assets.

If you are visiting the UK, you could show evidence that you have somewhere to stay, for example, a hotel reservation or a letter from your sponsor confirming that you are staying with them.

If you are spending a longer period of time in the UK, for example, as a student or with a work permit, the visa officer needs to be satisfied that you have somewhere to live, that it is suitable for you and your family, and that the person who owns or rents it is willing to let you live there. You could do this by providing a local-authority property report, or written confirmation from the mortgage lender.

If you are going to the UK with a work permit

You must present the original work permit within six months of it being issued, and travel to the UK before the work permit runs out. BHC/BDHC cannot accept photocopies or out-of-date work permits

If you are going to the UK as a student

You need to show that you can pay for your course, support yourself and any dependants, and live in the UK without working or needing help from public funds - see the previous page.

You need to show that you plan to leave the UK when you complete your studies (see the previous page), although if you are a degree student and you successfully complete your studies, you may be able to take work-permit employment if you meet the requirements for this.

A good way to show your academic ability is to provide any relevant diplomas or educational certificates that you have. If you have a degree, it is helpful to send BHC/BDHC any passing certificates as well as your degree certificate.

A good way to show that your English is good enough for you to follow the course is to provide an original certificate from an organization which tests English ability. Two such organizations are International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

A good way of showing that you have been accepted and that the course meets the immigration rules is to provide a letter from the institution confirming this, together with a statement of charges for the course.

Your chosen educational establishment must be included on the Department for Education and Skills (DfES) Register of Education and Training Providers.

You'll need to fill in another checklist along with your visa application form. Or you can apply on-line (see the previous page).

If you are going to the UK as a dependant of someone who is already there

You can show BHC/BDHC that you are related to them by sending us a copy of your marriage certificate. If children are applying to join a parent in the UK, we need to see their birth certificates.

You can also send BHC/BDHC evidence of their immigration status there, for example, a copy of the work-permit pages of their passport.

What documents do I need to live in the UK permanently (this is called a settlement application)?
You must provide the following documents:

A passport which is valid for at least six months. The visa we place in your passport will take up one full page, so please make sure that your passport has at least one spare page with no stamps, visas or endorsements on it.

A recent passport-sized colour photo, on a white background, 45 millimeters (2 inches) in height and 35 millimeters (1.5 to 2 inches) wide. This should be glued, not stapled, to the application form.

The correct fee.

A fully filled-in and signed application form. Please make sure you use a current form, as BHC/BDHC cannot accept the out-of-date versions.

You can send BHC/BDHC the following documents:

To show that you are legally married to each other or are in a civil partnership recognized in the UK (see note below): You could show a letter from your official sponsor, evidence of your relationship, evidence of your sponsor's immigration status in the UK, and a copy of your sponsor's passport.

To show that your husband, wife or civil partner is present and settled in the UK (see note below): You could show a letter from your official sponsor, evidence of your relationship, evidence of your sponsor's immigration status in the UK, and a copy of your sponsor's passport.

To show that your husband, wife or civil partner is not under 18: You could show a letter from your official sponsor, evidence of your relationship, evidence of your sponsor's immigration status in the UK, and a copy of your sponsor's passport.

To show that you both plan to live together permanently as husband and wife or as civil partners: If your relationship has lasted for some time, you could provide evidence that it is ongoing, for example, letters and phone bills.

To show that you have met each other before: You could show photographs, or your marriage certificate may be enough.

To show that you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds: It helps if you show evidence that you or your sponsor (or both of you) will be supporting you. This could include evidence of your sponsor's immigration status in the UK, six months' itemized bank statements, evidence of your or your sponsor's savings, your P60, or a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (if relevant).

To show that you have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds: You could provide evidence in the form of a letter from the mortgage company or tenant to show that the accommodation you plan to live in is owned outright, mortgaged or leased. You could also provide a property inspection report, or another independent report to show that the accommodation is suitable for your family circumstances, for example, that there are enough bedrooms for you all.

Note: You can find more information on what 'legally married' and 'civil partnership' mean by visiting www.ukvisas.gov.uk and reading Guidance - Husbands, wives and partners (INF 4).

© Copyright 2008. All rights reserved. Disclaimer
http://www.ukvac-ng.com/documents.aspx
Re: Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These by Alldruns: 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2008
Thx 2 great guys for this info. I'm always comfortable when I ask from here.

However, I still want to find out, apart from all the original documents, how many photocopies of each original do I go with?

Rgds,

Alldruns
Re: Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These by femigirl(f): 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2008
Alldruns,
you dont submit any photocopies only originals. unless you want keep copies for your own records.
Re: Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These by Alldruns: 10:23am On Oct 09, 2008
Thx for this. I appreciate.

Pls do have a nice day.

AllDRuns
Re: Doing Visa Online Appointment Booking, Answer These by deariekay(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2008
@femigirl,

i respect u alot.ur statements were very simple and precise.thanks for the great info.i will like to speak with u confidential on some issues.can u send ur mail adress to me.

loveradey@yahoo.com or waheedey@yahoo.canada.

or text me on 07030094999.

thanks lady,u are great and wonderful.

kay.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Binning Your Money For Uk Visas If. . . . / Where Can I Buy Quality Gold In Lagos Or Naija / Public Servants Must Fly Nigerian Carriers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.