Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? (1074 Views)

Baby Born With Stigmata Of Jesus Christ Attracts Is A Hoax / Did St Paul Have The Stigmata? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by cozybammy: 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2008
does anyone know if stigmata is real in the christaindom, i dont beleive
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2008
Check out the story of Padre Pio, he died in 1968.

click here => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pio_of_Pietrelcina

His body was exhumed sometime this year and looks like this =>

[img]http://jytmkh.files./2008/05/_44597479_bodyafp466.jpg[/img]
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Lady2(f): 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2008
he looks free from corruption.
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Queenisha1: 1:16am On Sep 26, 2008
what is the biblical evidence for stigmata?
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 26, 2008
_Queenisha:

what is the biblical evidence for stigmata?

haba you want to trigger Lady to start her usual venomous rage anytime she's asked to biblically validate her doctrine? grin
Next they'll ask you were in the scripture it was agreed that the book of Solomon must come before Genesis.

~Lady~:

he looks free from corruption.

Ewoo! this resident heretic has come again. the body itself is CORRUPTIBLE. Listen to brother Paul - Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by ayinba1(f): 3:59am On Sep 26, 2008
@Lady

Did you look at the link provided?
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Lady2(f): 5:02am On Sep 26, 2008
@Lady

Did you look at the link provided?

Yeah and? I already know what stigmata is. I don't need a link to tell me.
You got a problem with it?
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Lady2(f): 5:14am On Sep 26, 2008
haba you want to trigger Lady to start her usual venomous rage anytime she's asked to biblically validate her doctrine?
Next they'll ask you were in the scripture it was agreed that the book of Solomon must come before Genesis.

This coming from a man that can't use scripture to validate sola scriptura. You're running from thread to thread in hopes that the ones here haven't seen the other ones to see that David the Pastor the quick to quote scripture man acn't even quote scripture to support his belief that it must be from scripture alone.

DUDE, You're so lame!!!!

Ewoo! this resident heretic has come again. the body itself is CORRUPTIBLE. Listen to brother Paul - Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Stop picking and choosing you deceitful thing, what did Paul say about sowing corruptible?

Please take a look at the man, his body was exhumed after more than 40 years, does it look like it has decayed?
Look if you don't hold a belief, fine, move along and let people rest in peace.
It is people like you that drive people away from the Christian faith, you run around like a mad man, you act like your body is restless, you act like your body is on fire if you don't spew lies.

I believe there have been a few people who have rebuked you and asked you not to comment on them.

You seemes a bit humble in the other thread David, what happened? Your fingers chopped off? You can't type? Why can't you answer the questions Dave?

No you resort to saying o they want to promote their lies. If it doesn't make sense to you does not mean it is wrong. Jesus didn't make sense, and so they opposed him.
It is only right that His Church won't make sense to you, because you oppose him.
When Jesus did things that people couldn't comprehend the resorted to saying he was with the belzeebul.
The Church teachings things that you cannot understand, and so you resort to saying that we are worshippers of anyting other than God.
Notice a trend?

Anyway, Dave, you're not doing me any harm by lying to yourself. You're only lying to yourself. Me my life is just fine and I don't feel like my body is on fire if I don't lie.
I am content, want to feel content like me, look to God, he's the only one that can help you.
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by ayinba1(f): 5:42am On Sep 26, 2008
@Lady
Easy o! make u no burst an artery or two. I was just asking cos your statement didn't evidence that u read the link.

No vex abeg!
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by affee(f): 8:12am On Sep 26, 2008
stigmata in christianity
abeg oo

a loving God would not do that to his people

Lady this stigmata thing is not in the Bible
Christ is the only person whose hands,feet and side was pierced
and should be the only one
if God wanted us to partake of this kind of suffering he would have told us in the Bible
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by mnwankwo(m): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2008
Stigmata do occure. Many of the cases are minor and can be brought about by religious ecstacy involving suggestion, autosuggestion or self hypnosis. These minor cases do not last and quickly disappear. However their are real major cases in which the sufferer bears all the wound marks on the body of Jesus, the son of God. Such real cases are especially aggravated during easter time. The wound marks cannot be alleviated or healed by medical intervention. Those real cases are a physical reminder to humankind that the love and justice of God cannot be mocked. Those who bear genuine stigmata are paying a price for their personal attack and participation in the murder of Jesus, the son of God approximately 2000 years ago. It is a reciprocal action arising from there personal attacks on the person of Jesus, the son of God. At that time, these souls mocked, enjoyed, laughed at the cruxcifiction and participated outwardly or inwardly in the murder of the son of God. They taught themselves to be clever and smart. Now and in their former earthlifes these souls bear the wound marks and will continue to do so until the recognition of what they have done comes to them. If these souls ask the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness, their stigmata will disappear. The increase in the occurence of genuine stigmata and the disappearance of the affliction from sufferers who come to the recognition of their deeds will be one of the signs of the spiritual purification of the earth and its non visible prototype .

1 Like

Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Lady2(f): 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2008
@Lady
Easy o! make u no burst an artery or two. I was just asking because your statement didn't evidence that u read the link.

No vex abeg!

No prob, I guess I was on guard. You know I was already pumped up to handle whatever came my way, lol.
It's a wikipedia site, besides I already know about stigmatas.

Lady this stigmata thing is not in the Bible

You birth is also not in the Bible, does that mean you can't be real?

Christ is the only person whose hands,feet and side was pierced
and should be the only one
if God wanted us to partake of this kind of suffering he would have told us in the Bible

Which form of suffering did God outline in the Bible?
Please Bible quoting Christian, quote it for me.

Did Christ also say that we should celebrate his birthday?
Did he say that we should celebrate his resurrection?

Seriously people if teacher ask you "Is John a boy?" will you look to the Bible to see if John is a boy?

Not everything is in the Bible and it is not up to you to do decide what is from God. God can give stigmatas if he wants.
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Nimshi: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2008
Please take a look at the man, his body was exhumed after more than 40 years, does it look like it has decayed?

Dear Lady, them don ask simple question: you read the link? Because if to say you click come see wetin dey di link, you for read wetin ayinba1 dey take style tell you. See am here:

On March 3, 2008 the body of Saint Pio was exhumed from his crypt, 40 years after his death, so that his remains could be prepared for display. A church statement described the body as being in "fair condition". Archbishop Domenico D'Ambrosio, papal legate to the shrine in San Giovanni Rotondo, stated "the top part of the skull is partly skeletal but the chin is perfect and the rest of the body is well preserved".[35] Archbishop D'Ambrosio also confirmed in a communiqué that "the stigmata are not visible."[36] He further confirmed that formalin was injected into Padre Pio's body prior to burial to preserve it. He went on to say that St. Pio's hands "looked like they had just undergone a manicure". It was hoped that morticians would be able to restore the face so that it will be recognizable. However, due to its deterioration, his face was covered with a life-like silicone mask.[37]

Na Archbishop talk am o, no be ordinary person!

Formalin.
Silicone face Mask.
Morticians.

Hehehe. No be magic o; even me I dey awake small for chemistry class. All di people wey dey make ugly ugly girls look like Oluchi, you think say na magic, ehn? Abeg, make we try read small. No vex o, because, me I like as you dey take carry play play (even if say no be play for your side) spice wetin you dey write like better pepper inside correct pepper soup. But as per as everything be, me I dey try commot for some posts. See you, soon.

Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Lady2(f): 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2008
On March 3, 2008 the body of Saint Pio was exhumed from his crypt, 40 years after his death, so that his remains could be prepared for display. A church statement described the body as being in "fair condition". Archbishop Domenico D'Ambrosio, papal legate to the shrine in San Giovanni Rotondo, stated "the top part of the skull is partly skeletal but the chin is perfect and the rest of the body is well preserved".[35] Archbishop D'Ambrosio also confirmed in a communiqué that "the stigmata are not visible."[36] He further confirmed that formalin was injected into Padre Pio's body prior to burial to preserve it. He went on to say that St. Pio's hands "looked like they had just undergone a manicure". It was hoped that morticians would be able to restore the face so that it will be recognizable. However, due to its deterioration, his face was covered with a life-like silicone mask.[37]

and i said i read it, i also know about stigmata, what is your point?
do i have to view life from your eyes for it to be right?
if you don't understand stigmata just say so, instead of passing judgment. sheesh it's not rocket science.
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Nimshi: 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2008
Archbishop say the stigmata no dey visible, ko?

And, as you talk dey the old baba no dey corruptible, na fromalin + face mask + expert morticians dress am up o; na dem bin dey dress MJ too. Anyhow, flesh must decay, chemical or no chemical. wink

Stigmata na small mata, for near our village every year for easter, e get people wey dem dey hammer nail; plenty doctor; plenty blood Anyhow, na tax payers dey suffer.

Make God commot any stigma wey dey anybodi body. Amen.

Ciao.
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by tpia: 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2008
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by tpia: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2008
Re: What Is Stigmata In Xtainship? by Nimshi: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2008
tpia:

however, he's still dead.

Yes. Not to forget that. Very dead.

And only the living can praise God.

It's not for nothing that it's said that a living dog is better than a dead lion. Heck, it could stretched to a living anything being better than a dead anything.

(1) (Reply)

Is Obama The Antichrist? / Three Things That Cause Problems In Life / Homosexuals Are Cursed By God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.