Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? (1281 Views)

'Fresh Air' Or 'Change' / Would You Rather Read People’s Mind Or Change People’s Mind? / Jarus And Aisha Should Step Down Or Change Username! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by debirules(m): 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2008
Why does Nairaland has to be like this. Is it fair to just lock a topic or change the name without a warning. I'm not dissing you Mustay, neither am i happy with you, cos i'm angry. I mean, y do you got to do that? I know you're the moderator, but we all have rights here. Maybe you might think we're not up to date in this section, but you forget that the topic owners cannot actually control the post of others. Give a warning first, at least post it in the topic. It pisses someone off, Nairalanders, to have a topic filled with informational posts and overnight its no more. Mine was "The End Of SE Trick." What was wrong with it Mustay. Uh? I found out also that its post that get someone somewhere in Nairaland, not originality nor ideas. Y? So many questions, but i just hope you can answer these two. Treat us like somebody Mr Mustay, Thank you.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by smartking4luv(m): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2008
ure rite at debi.i also gat gud info in there.just wokup nd didnt 5nd it again.?hum.mustay change
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by smartking4luv(m): 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2008
i knw
if he gat a power to blockusaname, he wuld hav dne dat 2
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by honsule(m): 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2008
Maybe na him oga do am.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by debirules(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2008
Hey Nairalanders, if you've had same experience here in Nairaland, pls, just go ahead and make a post in this topic. There's no use being angry or oppressed and not voicing it out, makes us feel a whole lot better. Adieu.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by samuelk(m): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2008
hmmm
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by chessguru(m): 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
GOOD, DESCRIPTIVE TITLES FOR NEW THREADS
Strive to choose the best possible title for every thread. A descriptive title gives the reader user a very strong, accurate idea of what is actually being discussed without being too long. A really good title should be durable, i.e. good for several months of discussion (e.g. "Presidential Election 2007" instead of "Chris Okotie drops out of the race"wink. Don't be alarmed if a moderator modifies the title of your new thread to make it more descriptive, durable, and compact.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by chessguru(m): 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
Strive to choose the best possible title for every thread.   A descriptive title gives the reader user a very strong, accurate idea of what is actually being discussed without being too long.  A really good title should be durable, i.e. good for several months of discussion (e.g. "Presidential Election 2007" instead of "Chris Okotie drops out of the race"wink.  Don't be alarmed if a moderator modifies the title of your new thread to make it more descriptive, durable, and compact.,

WELL i think they have the discretion to do that without warning, [b]what purpose will the warning serve anyway?[/b]when mind is already made up to click click, backspace and retype, i don't think there must be a warning, the warning is in the rules, one love
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by debirules(m): 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
Mr Mustay could even notify us that he's changing the topic's name or just whisking it away, making it vanish. Please Mustay.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by showskill(m): 9:42pm On Sep 24, 2008
chessguru:

Strive to choose the best possible title for every thread. A descriptive title gives the reader user a very strong, accurate idea of what is actually being discussed without being too long. A really good title should be durable, i.e. good for several months of discussion (e.g. "Presidential Election 2007" instead of "Chris Okotie drops out of the race"wink. Don't be alarmed if a moderator modifies the title of your new thread to make it more descriptive, durable, and compact.,

WELL i think they have the decretion to do that without warning, what purpose will the warning serve anyway?[/b]when mind is already made up to click click, backspace and retype, i don't there must be a warning, the warning is in the rules, one love

I agree with you

MUSTAY IS STILL THE BEST [b]MODERATOR
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by showskill(m): 9:43pm On Sep 24, 2008
chessguru:

Strive to choose the best possible title for every thread. A descriptive title gives the reader user a very strong, accurate idea of what is actually being discussed without being too long. A really good title should be durable, i.e. good for several months of discussion (e.g. "Presidential Election 2007" instead of "Chris Okotie drops out of the race"wink. Don't be alarmed if a moderator modifies the title of your new thread to make it more descriptive, durable, and compact.,

WELL i think they have the decretion to do that without warning, what purpose will the warning serve anyway?[/b]when mind is already made up to click click, backspace and retype, i don't there must be a warning, the warning is in the rules, one love

I agree with you man

MUSTAY IS STILL THE BEST [b]MODERATOR
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by debirules(m): 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2008
Until it happens to your topic, you will not see. Anyway, if he's got to change anything, at least, he should do well to inform the topic, maybe a day or two before. He doesn't have to make someone and everyone active in a topic to start searching. Kini ko? Kosi wahala.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by MrInfo1(m): 10:04pm On Sep 24, 2008
showskill:

MUSTAY IS STILL THE BEST
I concur. (Eko oni bajè)
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by donjon: 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2008
Hehehe

yall don said it all.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by debirules(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2008
If he's trying or the best like you said, then he should check out dotsis and imserba, i'm a moderator there and its not done like this. You have to have a topic or a thread where you tell people what changes has been made, what has been vanished and what has been created. Nairalanders, learn. And pls Mr Mustay, take my good advice.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by smartking4luv(m): 10:46pm On Sep 24, 2008
no one is doubting him sayin dta is nt the best bt at least he shuld int delete threads just like dat i mean threads with lots of info
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by youngharry: 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2008
@Poster you are very stupid  Yeah madness huh idoit!   Why don't You stay at dotsis?? What is your business with Nairaland??

Even seun and siena and iice can do that,

If You don't have anything else to say go kiss your grandma ass,
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by femzy(m): 11:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
youngharry:

@Poster you are very stupid  Yeah madness huh idoit!   Why don't You stay at dotsis?? What is your business with Nairaland??

What is the meaning of all these you just typed in here now.Everyone is trying to make sense and you are just been a punk!!!!!
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by 4peace(m): 4:18am On Sep 25, 2008
@debi
you have contact him instead of this.Or check offtopic or recycle bin.
I don't create topic any how but i received mail about moved or lock topic because i set my preference very well.As a moderator debi you know better.So don't take it as bad feeling just pm or yim him,he will surely respond.I know your feeling so sorry friend.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by soki2ng(m): 4:54am On Sep 25, 2008
i really don't know what to say about this whole thing. but let state where i stand. not no mustay's side and definately not on debi's side. moderators reserve the right to do as they wish. users also have the right to go somewhere else. it is because of alll this shakara that i stick to dotsis and forumw,
advice), go start ur own forum free at wetpaint.com and invite gurus
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by donjon: 6:39am On Sep 25, 2008
why d insults now?

Dis harry guy no know wia body dey pain am
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by cabali(m): 7:29am On Sep 25, 2008
youngharry:

@Poster you are very stupid Yeah madness huh idoit! Why don't You stay at dotsis?? What is your business with Nairaland??

And you think you arent an idiot for this post?

You must have been born out of an egg.

Meanwhile Mustay is still on point!!
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by debirules(m): 8:20am On Sep 25, 2008
Harry, you are young, so lets forget what you said. Thanks peace, but in this forum, Nairaland, there's no delete archive nor topic that states what has been done to any topic. I'm not stating all these to say that Mustay is inefficient, i'm only stating all these so that Nairaland will be a better forum, and have regard for everyone and any topic.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by debirules(m): 8:33am On Sep 25, 2008
Thanks Peace, but have you checked Mustay's profile? It has no IM, the email is hidden and website is: "free me". You said i should contact him personally, but how do i? It took me about 3days to make sure of my topic, "The End Of SE Trick" that it was vanished, before i'm making all these statements. I made research on the topics under phone section and found out that others have similar experience. And Mr Mustays quote? That "too many request leads to humiliation", hmm, he's a moderator, like a shepherd, your sheep will always ask from you, its only natural, especially in a forum.
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by Mustay(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2008
debirules:

Thanks Peace, but have you checked Mustay's profile? It has no I'm, the email is hidden and website is: "free me".

Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by Mustay(m): 10:26am On Sep 25, 2008
debirules:

Why does Nairaland has to be like this. Is it fair to just lock a topic or change the name without a warning. I'm not dissing you Mustay, neither am i happy with you, because i'm angry. I mean, y do you got to do that? I know you're the moderator, but we all have rights here. Maybe you might think we're not up to date in this section, but you forget that the topic owners cannot actually control the post of others. Give a warning first, at least post it in the topic. It pisses someone off, Nairalanders, to have a topic filled with informational posts and overnight its no more. Mine was "The End Of SE Trick." What was wrong with it Mustay. Uh? I found out also that its post that get someone somewhere in Nairaland, not originality nor ideas. Y? So many questions, but i just hope you can answer these two. Treat us like somebody Mr Mustay, Thank you.

The End Of Se Trick? Yes. Glo? No.

This topic ought to be in the offtopic section. I can't remember the number of times you changed the name of the topic which also affected the purpose of the thread.

"The last time it was The end of SE Trick and Glo wap trick" bla bla bla

or

Do You want a chat room?

PS:
1. Please visit the Nairaland section more often.

2. The topic was never locked

3. The topic's name was changed and the creator "remixed" it severally

4. The topic apparently still exists
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by DualCore1: 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2008
Now the thread is in the jokes section! shocked
Correct me if i'm wrong, mods have permissions to delete posts, why throw a whole thread into wherever because of its recent posts, when You can actually delete such posts and keep the thread on course?
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by MrInfo1(m): 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2008
Dual Core:

why throw a whole thread into wherever because of its recent posts, when You can actually delete such posts and keep the thread on course?

Check out this clean thread  shocked and imagine what would had happen if it was started at the phone section

Glo Going Against Etisalat
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by Mustay(m): 11:04am On Sep 26, 2008
Dual Core:

Now the thread is in the jokes section!  shocked
Correct me if i'm wrong, mods have permissions to delete posts, why throw a whole thread into wherever because of its recent posts, when You can actually delete such posts and keep the thread on course?

every topic on the board turns into a chat room.

We all know how users post there. The phones section is notorious for hacking and spammers just post alotta rubbish dere or how can members post on a topic called "How you dey" created 4 times on the same board with replies.

Dual Core:

such posts and keep the thread[b] on course?
[/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-166940.0.html
Re: Without Warning,can Mustay Just Lock Or Change A Topics Name? Y? by DualCore1: 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2008
Mustay:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-166940.0.html
Why show me a link u know i've already checked?

I've got a thread talking about how to cook rice, now pipz come in there posting stuff about how to build a website.
I take the thread and rip it off all posts pertaining with the cooking of rice (which is the main purpose of that thread) and then leave the posts about building a website, then i take the thread over to the section having to do with web building.
If that's logical for u then its fine by me, i hardly visit the phone section anyway, just had to show some concern when i saw this because that section used to be my first love on nland, when it was a real Phones section anyway.
Cheerz man,
Safe.

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers, Policemen Clash Again - Lagos / I Need Financial Help / How Many Words Can You Say In One Second?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.